Why is Andre ward acting like a retired bum(rant)

Killer ofTrolls

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes "retired bum" or junior can which is worst than a regular bum.
Either he should end his contract and leave some spot for such a packed sport, or he can do what other active athletes do, and that is play the goddam sport. Worst thing is that he's unhappy about being "underpaid" *rolls eyes*
He came out of along time off, and faught only twice since in the last 3 years. It's been 7 months since his last fight, and there hasn't been any announcements or negotioations except some bullshit articles about an unlikely Calzage comback.(no I'm not googling to spell check that fa**ot's name)

Last edited:
He's been trying to get out of his contract with Goosen. Didn't realise its been 2 1/2 years since the Froch fight either.

Ya, lets stop pretending to know anything about contracts.

Youll see Ward ringside at a certain fight in the very near future.

Ward is gonna be at the HOF next week.

Ya, lets stop pretending to know anything about contracts.

Youll see Ward ringside at a certain fight in the very near future.

Oh puh leez. As if poor millionaire Ward isn't doing well with all the other jobs he has going on mic.
Maybe he should just relinquish that belt for someone who actually wants it, instead of this "strike" he's having.

Oh, you have access to his bank account?

Tell me, who should he be fighting right now? Who actually wants to fight him? Youre the insider so help me out here.

Oh, you have access to his bank account?

Tell me, who should he be fighting right now? Who actually wants to fight him? Youre the insider so help me out here.

Manny Pacquiao you dip$hit...

Andre Ward has a habit of dodging Asian fighters...this would be a true test for Ward...Ward hasn't fought anyone of Manny's Power, Speed and Size.

If Andre Ward wants to truly test himself, he needs to step it up.

Manny Pacquiao vs Andre Ward.

Make it happen Dana.

Stop lurking your thread and enlighten us.

He is basically retired.

Maybe he'll make a comeback someday but probably not until he realizes he's not a star that deserves Pacauiao or Mayweather money.

The guy has wasted his career pretending he's a star.

How much does he get paid as a commentator?

He is one of the better commentators.

Did you like when it was Lampley, Merchant, and Foreman?

I liked Lampley before he turned into a woman.

Merchant was hit or miss.

George Foreman IMO was pretty bad on the mic.

"Wow, Oscar is really doing a great job here. Great job."

"Oh! Oscar landed a good shot there. A good shot!"

I liked Lampley before he turned into a woman.

Merchant was hit or miss.

George Foreman IMO was pretty bad on the mic.

"Wow, Oscar is really doing a great job here. Great job."

"Oh! Oscar landed a good shot there. A good shot!"

Not as half as awesome as this gem:

"...shots to the body are like shots to the head....They hurt!"

He is basically retired.

Maybe he'll make a comeback someday but probably not until he realizes he's not a star that deserves Pacauiao or Mayweather money.

The guy has wasted his career pretending he's a star.

Hyperbole. He hasnt asked for Floyd or Pac money.

But since you mentioned it

"Andre Ward is a great champion," Mayweather said. "If I had Andre Ward and Mikey Garcia under my banner, we would be smoking."

He has issues with the way Goossen was going about excluding Leonard, and on paper it certainly looked questionable.

Hes also publicly stated numerous times he is ready to go when he gets the call and will fight even with the ongoing dispute.

I again ask, who is he supposed to fight? He has asked for GGG and JCC and neither of them want a piece of it.

Its really odd that people are surprised or have issue with one of the best talents in the sport, possibly second best, wants to get paid accordingly, or wants PPV fights.

Hyperbole. He hasnt asked for Floyd or Pac money.

But since you mentioned it

He has issues with the way Goossen was going about excluding Leonard, and on paper it certainly looked questionable.

Hes also publicly stated numerous times he is ready to go when he gets the call and will fight even with the ongoing dispute.

I again ask, who is he supposed to fight? He has asked for GGG and JCC and neither of them want a piece of it.
Its not hyperbole.

He's choosing not to fight because he isn't happy with his contract. = wants more money.

I never made a statement one way or the other as to how talented he is either. Talent doesn't sell tickets and pay per views.

Its not hyperbole.

He's choosing not to fight because he isn't happy with his contract. = wants more money.

I never made a statement one way or the other as to how talented he is either. Talent doesn't sell tickets and pay per views.

He has said multiple times he will fight even with ongoing contract disputes. Care to address that?

He has said multiple times he will fight even with ongoing contract disputes. Care to address that?

Fight who and for what money?

See thats the problem. there's no demand for Ward because he doesn't fight. HBO isn't going to buy a mismatch. Fans aren't going to get excited just because a fighter is talented.

They gave him a ridiculous payday to fight Rodriguez and no one cared about that fight.

Some of us saw this coming when Ward refused to fight outside of his backyard in the super 6. He's fucked up his own career by thinking he should call the shots.

Back