Why is Andre ward acting like a retired bum(rant)

Fight who and for what money?

See thats the problem. there's no demand for Ward because he doesn't fight. HBO isn't going to buy a mismatch. Fans aren't going to get excited just because a fighter is talented.

They gave him a ridiculous payday to fight Rodriguez and no one cared about that fight.

Some of us saw this coming when Ward refused to fight outside of his backyard in the super 6. He's fucked up his own career by thinking he should call the shots.

No one worth a damn wants to fight him. Thats the biggest problem.

Hes asked for JCC and GGG. GGG says he'll fight anyone, Ward says fight me, and not a peep since. Go ahead and tell me how those two fights wouldnt sell.

We'll see him this weekend.

No one worth a damn wants to fight him. Thats the biggest problem.

Hes asked for JCC and GGG. GGG says he'll fight anyone, Ward says fight me, and not a peep since. Go ahead and tell me how those two fights wouldnt sell.

We'll see him this weekend.

He mocked Chavez Junior in the press and then called him out a week later. Did the same thing to Froch.

Its Wards own fault that he sits on his ass waiting for the perfect fight.It would actually serve him to knock around some jobber in a mismatch. Knock some guy out and people will come up with some gay nickname for him and want to see him fight better guys.

Its no coincidence that people want to see Kovalev and Stevenson fight but no one mentions Ward. There's no buzz. No hype. Just because he wants big fights doesn't mean he gets them. You build up hype with performances and personality. Not P4P lists.

I liked Lampley before he turned into a woman.

Merchant was hit or miss.

George Foreman IMO was pretty bad on the mic.

"Wow, Oscar is really doing a great job here. Great job."

"Oh! Oscar landed a good shot there. A good shot!"

I always enjoyed when Merchant and Foreman would go at it.

Then George would pull rank with saying that he was a fighter.
Then Merchant would find a way to mock Foreman regardless.

Ward is too talented for promoters taking a risk losing. Look at GGG. I am sure he would fight but why would a promoter risk it. GGG at this time doesn't need Ward.

I still don't understand why people haven't warmed up to Ward.

Super talented confident fighter who also happens to be well spoken

Ward is too talented for promoters taking a risk losing. Look at GGG. I am sure he would fight but why would a promoter risk it. GGG at this time doesn't need Ward.

I still don't understand why people haven't warmed up to a Ward.

He fights almost exclusively in his backyard and has no personality IMO are the main reasons no one cares about him.

According to boxrec, he's had 7 fights outside of California. Lets just look at his fights since the first milestone on his record- the NABO title he won from Jerson Revelo in the Cayman islands. Since then he's literally had 1 fight outside of California. 11 fights since then.

Ward has tried to do it like Sven Ottke but expects the success of a top PPV star. It doesn't work that way, no matter how good you are.

I still don't understand why people haven't warmed up to Ward.

I like him, but he's just not that fun of a guy to watch.

Some fights of his were great.
Landing clean shots, outboxing... little need to be dirty: Dawson and E.Rodriguez.

But fights against guys like Sakio and Kessler were just ugly to watch.

I like him, but he's just not that fun of a guy to watch.

Some fights of his were great.
Landing clean shots, outboxing... little need to be dirty: Dawson and E.Rodriguez.

But fights against guys like Sakio and Kessler were just ugly to watch.

The Kessler fight was what turned me off to Ward actually. I don't like seeing guys fight dirty just because they can.

He mocked Chavez Junior in the press and then called him out a week later. Did the same thing to Froch.

Its Wards own fault that he sits on his ass waiting for the perfect fight.It would actually serve him to knock around some jobber in a mismatch. Knock some guy out and people will come up with some gay nickname for him and want to see him fight better guys.

Its no coincidence that people want to see Kovalev and Stevenson fight but no one mentions Ward. There's no buzz. No hype. Just because he wants big fights doesn't mean he gets them. You build up hype with performances and personality. Not P4P lists.

That is ridiculous. Hes put on plenty of performances. No one wants to fight him, for a reason.

The Kessler fight was what turned me off to Ward actually. I don't like seeing guys fight dirty just because they can.

Yet you drive the Floyd bus? Comedy.

Regardless of the result tomorrow night, Groves vs Ward would make sense for both fighters IMO - there'll be lots of UK interest, young up and coming fighter looking to make his name, Groves has some speed and so stylistically interesting

If Ward takes the fight in London, it could even make some $$$

That is ridiculous. Hes put on plenty of performances. No one wants to fight him, for a reason.
Ward is a high risk, low reward opponent for any fighter.

If there was demand to see him, he'd be on TV. Simple as that.

Ward is a high risk, low reward opponent for any fighter.

If there was demand to see him, he'd be on TV. Simple as that.

If the credible guys werent avoiding him, he'd be on tv. Simple as that.

You are out of your mind if you think JCC or GGG would not do well.

GGG wanted to fight anyone, until Ward said lets do it.

The guy has asked for fights during all of this. Someone please offer an answer of who he should be fighting.

Regardless of the result tomorrow night, Groves vs Ward would make sense for both fighters IMO - there'll be lots of UK interest, young up and coming fighter looking to make his name, Groves has some speed and so stylistically interesting

If Ward takes the fight in London, it could even make some $$$

Groves is a pretty smart fighter. Doesn't put himself into risky positions all that often (which can lead to boring fights.... like Groves v Degale)

I think a fight with Ward and Groves would be a very boring and ugly affair.

GGG wanted to fight anyone, until Ward said lets do it.

Ward should be calling guys out from his weight. Not asking inexperienced champions to come up to his weight class.

Groves is a pretty smart fighter. Doesn't put himself into risky positions all that often (which can lead to boring fights.... like Groves v Degale)

I think a fight with Ward and Groves would be a very boring and ugly affair.

I think he's smart enough to realize he would have to take a few chances to stand a chance against Ward, which could make it an exciting, slick and skillful affair

Ward should be calling guys out from his weight. Not asking inexperienced champions to come up to his weight class.

Ohhh so he should fight Froch, Kessler, Bikka? Oh wait....

Offer some names for him. Id love to hear about all these qualified guys.

I think he's smart enough to realize he would have to take a few chances to stand a chance against Ward, which could make it an exciting, slick and skillful affair

I won't argue with that....
if they do fight I would like it to be exciting.

Back