Why is Andre ward acting like a retired bum(rant)

"Ready for anyone from 158-175."

"Lets do it."

"We're not ready for Ward."

Ohhh so he should fight Froch, Kessler, Bikka? Oh wait....

Offer some names for him. Id love to hear about all these qualified guys.

As opposed to nobody? Yes obviously.

Look at a guy like Hagler. He was similar in some ways in that he didn't have great personality. He fought guys like Bennie Briscoe and Sugar Ray Seales for years and years before he got big fights.

Most fighters aren't really patted on the back for calling out lighter guys BTW, especially guys who have barely fought legit top 10 opponents.

But some names that he could have been fighting all along? Groves, Froch rematch, Degale, multiple guys at 175 where he was a champion....

If Ward isn't going to fight anywhere besides Cali, then he's basically done.

As opposed to nobody? Yes obviously.

Look at a guy like Hagler. He was similar in some ways in that he didn't have great personality. He fought guys like Bennie Briscoe and Sugar Ray Seales for years and years before he got big fights.

Most fighters aren't really patted on the back for calling out lighter guys BTW, especially guys who have barely fought legit top 10 opponents.

But some names that he could have been fighting all along? Groves, Froch rematch, Degale, multiple guys at 175 where he was a champion....

If Ward isn't going to fight anywhere besides Cali, then he's basically done.

He didnt exactly go looking for Golovkin. Theyre the ones who started with anyone from 158-175.

Hes cleaned the division.

Hes asked his promoter for fights and said countless times he is ready to go right now. What are they doing for him?

He didnt exactly go looking for Golovkin. Theyre the ones who started with anyone from 158-175.

Hes cleaned the division.

Hes asked his promoter for fights and said countless times he is ready to go right now. What are they doing for him?

Let me turn it around on you. Who do you think should be fighting Ward?

And Stieglitz v Ward in Germany would have made significantly more money than that same fight in the US.

Let me turn it around on you. Who do you think should be fighting Ward?

Right now, Id say the Froch/Groves winner is the clear favorite.

I dont know how big Stieglitz is over there but Im all for that fight as well, but with him just losing that doesnt appear like a realistic possibility.

Right now, Id say the Froch/Groves winner is the clear favorite.

I dont know how big Stieglitz is over there but Im all for that fight as well.

The problem there is, Froch vs Groves is going to make mega money. Neither guy is going to come to fight for peanuts in Wards backyard.

I'm telling you, Ward is his own worst enemy here. You fight whoever you can and dominate until people can't ignore you anymore. Its easy to ignore ward right now because he's not doing anything.

Ward is the kid in the classroom who sits by himself and ignores everyone and then wonders why no one likes him.

Don't know where Stieglitz is at now after his rubber match loss to AA.
But after he convincingly beat AA in their 2nd fight is when the talk was going on about a fight with Ward.

That was around the end of March 2013

The money is there if Ward is willing to make concessions. I bet he could get double his california money if he went and fought Abraham in a rematch. Plus it'd open him up to a huge audience.

The problem there is, Froch vs Groves is going to make mega money. Neither guy is going to come to fight for peanuts in Wards backyard.

I'm telling you, Ward is his own worst enemy here. You fight whoever you can and dominate until people can't ignore you anymore. Its easy to ignore ward right now because he's not doing anything.

Ward is the kid in the classroom who sits by himself and ignores everyone and then wonders why no one likes him.

Lol, you proved my point. They dont want to fight Ward, yet Ward gets all of the blame.

And you guys wonder why he has issues with his promoter when he cant get shit.

And yes I agree, they need to do something outside of California.

Lol, you proved my point. They dont want to fight Ward, yet Ward gets all of the blame.

And you guys wonder why he has issues with his promoter when he cant get shit.

And yes I agree, they need to do something outside of California.

I don't think so.

Ward needs to do things to actually become a star. Not just assume he is one. The Sven Ottke model may make you some money and keep you safe, but its not going to have people clamoring to fight you.

Ward needs to give them a reason to fight.

Right now what's on offer is a low profile, low $$$, low excitement probable loss watched by no-one.

That doesn't make Ward a bad fighter. But it doesn't make him anything else either.

Which youll note is why I said he needs to go out of Calfornia and away from this turd promoter who is doing zero for him.

Usually the best guy doesnt have to beg for opponents.....

Which youll note is why I said he needs to go out of Calfornia and away from this turd promoter who is doing zero for him.

Usually the best guy doesnt have to beg for opponents.....

Goosen did an incredible job with Ward. He's fought multiple times on both HBO and Showtime, managed to avoid fighting in an opponents backyard like every other fighter in the super 6 too.

Goosen did an incredible job with Ward. He's fought multiple times on both HBO and Showtime, managed to avoid fighting in an opponents backyard like every other fighter in the super 6 too.

Past tense.

Back