Why Gegard Mousasi is the best striker in the MW and LHW divisions

The problem is that Gegard runs hot and cold. He is clearly super talented, but he just has too many performances where he looks unprepared or like he's mailing it in.

i think most of that is his demeanor. He is stoic and cold as ice. Just looks like he dont give a crap anytime. I actually like it, its pretty gangster.

Moose vs Machida:
I think Moose technical striking ability would have him walk down and take Machida out. Machida is good but he likes to run backwards a lot a good Boxer can cut him off and corner him for the kill.

Moose vs Bisping:
What the Hell easy kill for Moose.

Moose vs TREX"
A Brawler would get shot up and pick apart by a strong technical striker like Moose it wouldn't even be competitive.

Problem is all those guys could take him down at will. Machida would be ragdolling him to the ground.

Anderson, Machida, Gus and Jones are all better strikers then Moose!

What has moose done in the last 4 years? I will answer for you 0!

I like Mousse but that was an awful vid, particularly the hilariously bad music...

I dont think he is......once we see him beat someone in MMA that is credible, we can talk

Problem is all those guys could take him down at will. Machida would be ragdolling him to the ground.

No, They couldn't.

People are going to shit their panties when they see Mouse stuff a TD. This reminds me of how all the Zuffa Zombies were talking about how Lesnar was going to take down Overeem 1 second into the round and pound him unconscious brutally while Reem lay helpless and surrenders to the almighty takedowns of the UFC gods. Gods among men with their unheard of takedown abilities overwhelm and destroy non UFC fighters becasue they all have bad TDD and never have fought a "real" wrestler.

Oh then Reem stuffed his takedown, tossed him around like a 2 month old girl and shit all over the boy in half a round.

Look for this when he faces UFC "top talent"

Let's not forget Mark Hunt ragdolled Overeem in 2008. In 2011 he was stuffing brock's TD's and throwing him around. Mousasi got lay n prayed in 2010 it's getting near 2014 TDD does improve.

No, They couldn't.

People are going to shit their panties when they see Mouse stuff a TD. This reminds me of how all the Zuffa Zombies were talking about how Lesnar was going to take down Overeem 1 second into the round and pound him unconscious brutally while Reem lay helpless and surrenders to the almighty takedowns of the UFC gods. Gods among men with their unheard of takedown abilities overwhelm and destroy non UFC fighters becasue they all have bad TDD and never have fought a "real" wrestler.

Oh then Reem stuffed his takedown, tossed him around like a 2 month old girl and shit all over the boy in half a round.

Let's not forget Mark Hunt ragdolled Overeem in 2008. In 2011 he was stuffing brock's TD's and throwing him around. Mousasi got lay n prayed in 2010 it's getting near 2014 TDD does improve.

Latifi took him down ffs.

Latifi took him down ffs.

Yea you look smart saying that alright. He had a severe knee injury that he went for surgery for right after the fight and all he did was catch a kick and he slipped wasn't a double leg or an actual td. My god people will think of anything to discredit somebody from outside the UFC.

Except not one of them has good BJJ to do anything if they do manage to take him down. Look what happened to Jacare when he tried to jump into Moose guard he got slap down silly just saying.

Moose trains grappling with the likes of Fedor the man is not to be taken lightly.

Except not one of them has good BJJ to do anything if they do manage to take him down. Look what happened to Jacare when he tried to jump into Moose guard he got slap down silly just saying.

Moose trains grappling with the likes of Fedor the man is not to be taken lightly.

He hit a nicely placed up kick. All those guys have as good or better bjj then him sorry.

Lets see you fight with one knee.

Even the best in the world have bad fights

Silva - Sonnen 1
Silva - Weidman

You're taking one fight where he fought on one leg, against a complete mystery on short notice, where he dominated from start to finish, and saying he looked like shit. You're a fool.

Haters are going to hate anything and anyone. They hate life and most of all themselves.

Latifi was on the Swedish National wrestling team, and Swedan is one of the better wrestling countries. He supposedly should've taken Gegard down at will.

Yea you look smart saying that alright. He had a severe knee injury that he went for surgery for right after the fight and all he did was catch a kick and he slipped wasn't a double leg or an actual td. My god people will think of anything to discredit somebody from outside the UFC.

He will get all the credit he deserves IF he win or impress against a top fighter in the UFC. Simple as that.

Edit: Hi Atherg aka Dubjab ;)

Last edited:
Gegard has some razor sharp hands. His kicks could be a little better. but his striking is great

Anyone can throw punches. A good boxer/kickboxer is defined by how many punches they don't get hit with.

No, They couldn't.

So wait-- because Reem beat Post-op Lesnar then Mousasi is a world beater with amazing striking and TDD?

Surely you see your fail here?

He will get all the credit he deserves IF he win or impress against a top fighter in the UFC. Simple as that.

Edit: Hi Atherg aka Dubjab ;)

Hey good to know you care to know :)

Keep supporting Mousasi.

He'd mollywhoop Belfort, no wonder Vitor avoids that fight.

Back