Why Gegard Mousasi is the best striker in the MW and LHW divisions

Mousasi is great striker, but put a high caliber wrestler in front of him and he won't make it to a UFC title shot.

See this man below for example. Stay away from people with great takedowns, and he has a chance.

king_mo_0.jpg

My favorite thing about him is the "I'm bored and I don't give a fuck" look on his face. I think he was just born with that look, it obviously doesn't indicate his true feelings. It's still amusing though.

I'd love to see him fight Machida.

Considering he's admitted to not training as often or seriously as he should I think it does indicate his true feelings to an extent.

He is definitely good, but he has underperformed the last few years. He is also way too lethargic and plodding sometimes. I think we need to see more of him, I really want to see him be more active, and I hope his body holds up.

Regarding the video, man he looks pretty amazing on the pads there. That's him peaking.

If you can't finish Keith Jardine, then you're not the best striker at MW or LHW.

And if you can't beat Jardine, then you're not even elite at LHW.
(don't give me that "did you see the fight" crap, YES, I saw it and Mousasi should have won but he also got taken down several times and failed to finish the job, so he can blame himself).

Easily the most overrated fighter in these boards his last ko in MMA was Gary Goodridge. He has really never looked great IMO and his best win Is on an upkick. Worst tdd at 185 and 205 for anyone considered elite.

End thread

Cool Story bro.

Back to reality now, i am only seeing low level fighters and UFC rejects being beat up for 5 min straight.

Posting highlights to confirm something isnt really a convincing way too say it . but i think everyone knows Mousasi is no joke on the striking .

This.

In my opinion, THE best striker is hands down this man. The way he mixes up his punches, kicks, and knees to the face, body, and legs is just beautiful.

Put a chin on him and BAM, there you go.

Except for the fact Gegard already fought Melvin and whooped his ass.

If you can't finish Keith Jardine, then you're not the best striker at MW or LHW.

And if you can't beat Jardine, then you're not even elite at LHW.
(don't give me that "did you see the fight" crap, YES, I saw it and Mousasi should have won but he also got taken down several times and failed to finish the job, so he can blame himself).

Chuck Lidell in his prime couldn't even finish Jardine. So shut it.

Mousasi is great striker, but put a high caliber wrestler in front of him and he won't make it to a UFC title shot.

See this man below for example. Stay away from people with great takedowns, and he has a chance.

king_mo_0.jpg

Somebody will post a picture of Mo's swollen eye as a reason why Mousasi was robbed, ignoring the fact that Mousasi was only effective off of his back for one round (the 2nd).

Posting highlights to confirm something isnt really a convincing way too say it . but i think everyone knows Mousasi is no joke on the striking .
Yep, and a very fine practitioner of BJJ to.

kanged.gif

i thought moose looked like absolute shit last fight. that guy wasnt a ufc caliber fighter and he took the fight on short notice. on top of that, once the guy finally showed some confidence and aggression towards the end of the fight the moose looked even worse

i thought moose looked like absolute shit last fight. that guy wasnt a ufc caliber fighter and he took the fight on short notice. on top of that, once the guy finally showed some confidence and aggression towards the end of the fight the moose looked even worse

Troll harder.

Mousasi came into the Latifi fight with a fucked knee, fighting an unknown opponent(with zero tape to study) on short notice. Mousasi is a unknown fighter to a lot of fans with a HUGE price tag and a injury. All he has to do is make one small mistake eat a big shot and lose and all of the sudden he's a huge injured price tag that just lost to a nobody.

No shit he played it safe and turned his opponents face into hamburger without taking any risks. Fucking people on here need to learn to use their brains before they post.

Taking the fight to save the card with the same injurie he's recovering from now.

Might also be a motivational thing for him, fighting lesser ranked opponents with everything to loose and almost nothing to gain.

king_mo_0.jpg

That fight was 4.5 years and 7 fights ago. You dont think he has been working hard on his wrestling since then?

most overated guy in the UFC.... For fuck sakes, cant wait till he drops down to 185...

Taking the fight to save the card with the same injurie he's recovering from now.

Might also be a motivational thing for him, fighting lesser ranked opponents with everything to loose and almost nothing to gain.

moose looked like shit. i dont know how anyone could deny that

if it was because of injury then obv we can expect much better next time out. until then it still doesnt change the fact he looked like shit vs a noname

Back