Why Gegard Mousasi is the best striker in the MW and LHW divisions

moose looked like shit. i dont know how anyone could deny that

if it was because of injury then obv we can expect much better next time out. until then it still doesnt change the fact he looked like shit vs a noname

Lets see you fight with one knee.

Even the best in the world have bad fights

Silva - Sonnen 1
Silva - Weidman

You're taking one fight where he fought on one leg, against a complete mystery on short notice, where he dominated from start to finish, and saying he looked like shit. You're a fool.

I really dont get what people wanted him to do better? He moved forward the entire fight picking his opponent apart, not once was he in trouble, he stuffed TD's, he took zero damage, he hit him at will. Did you want him to rush in swinging wildly going for some crazy ko?

moose looked like shit. i dont know how anyone could deny that

if it was because of injury then obv we can expect much better next time out. until then it still doesnt change the fact he looked like shit vs a noname
Damn man, please respect his overall fighting pedigree instead of just one fight or two. The fact is Mousasi got skills to beat almost anybody. Just watch and learn!

Moose vs Machida:
I think Moose technical striking ability would have him walk down and take Machida out. Machida is good but he likes to run backwards a lot a good Boxer can cut him off and corner him for the kill.

Moose vs Bisping:
What the Hell easy kill for Moose.

Moose vs TREX"
A Brawler would get shot up and pick apart by a strong technical striker like Moose it wouldn't even be competitive.

posting a highlight video of your favourite fighter makes them the best ______, that's ALL the proof you need.

No, he isn't even close to being the best in either division.

Mousasi is a great striker indeed. He need a proper fight in the UFC to prove himself. Didn't hear any news from him about a fight, anybody?

Mousasi's a good fighter but he's really overrated. He lost to King Mo and had a draw with Keith Jardine for gods sake. He's 6 foot 1 and has a 76 inch inch reach which isn't large enough to be a title contender at LHW these days. Why do you think he's running down to MW for? No fighter with only one UFC fight should be getting the hype this guy's getting this is almost as bad as Glover.

Moose isn't overrated and King Mo is WAY underrated

Except for the fact Gegard already fought Melvin and whooped his ass.

How does this have ANYTHING to do with who the better striker is? There is a reason why Mousasi shot for the take down seconds within the fight. Lets not kid ourselves.

Though Mousasi probably would have knocked him out either way, because Melvin's chin is shot, LIKE I SAID.

i like mousasi and I think hes very talented but lets see how he does against the top 5 in the ufc.
He hasnt fought anyone important yet at ufc.

Im curious to see how he does against good wrestlers.

My favorite thing about him is the "I'm bored and I don't give a fuck" look on his face. I think he was just born with that look, it obviously doesn't indicate his true feelings. It's still amusing though.

I'd love to see him fight Machida.

That's a sick fight. There's a good chance it will happen.

he is def one of the best strikers ..... i want to see him fight sooon!!!!

i dunno if he is the best but he is def right up there. would love to see him make a run at MW.

Damn man, please respect his overall fighting pedigree instead of just one fight or two. The fact is Mousasi got skills to beat almost anybody. Just watch and learn!

he didnt impress me at all and we're in a thread about him being the best striker at both mw and LHW. his knee could potentially be an explanation for his performance but you cant deny he looked like shit vs a noname

the fight game is evolving rapidly look at the LHW division 2 years ago and now rank these guys. guys like machida, shogun, rampage have taken a sharp decline. guys like gus, bones, and glover have come along.... my point is that its not just a case of youre only as good as your last fight its a case of being considered a top guy 2 years ago isnt always enough. whens the last time moose faced high level comp? whens the last time he looked good? whens the last time he looked good vs high level comp?

since he lost to mo hes had 7 fights how many impressed you to the point where hes demonstrated hes elite? is the mike kyle win his most impressive? he got screwed by the judges vs jardine but you cant tell me that was the performance of an elite fighter

Chuck Lidell in his prime couldn't even finish Jardine. So shut it.

Chuck had been brutally KO'd in his previous fight and would go on to lose 3 or his next 4.
That's is hardly his prime.

And that was before Jardine went on to lose 8 of 10 fights.

So shut it.

He's good but overhyped on this forum

i think moose has that hardcore fan image. like people like to talk about how great he is because they think it makes them look knowledgeable. its the same reason a lot of people say they find machida fights exciting

The problem is that Gegard runs hot and cold. He is clearly super talented, but he just has too many performances where he looks unprepared or like he's mailing it in.

Back