Why does Woodly still have fans?

Hey only attempts powershots, are you kidding me hes one of the few fighters who fights to knock out.

and I dont think he will win tomorrow

I am not contradicting myself. I've been watching Woodley since Strikeforce. There was a time where he would LnP to an absurd degree. It was terrible to watch. I know he has become more exciting, as I explained, but I still hold it against him somehow. It still irks me a little bit.

I never denied racism. Racism is very real. That doesn't change the fact that he uses the race card when it's not valid.

The rest of the counter arguments are also bull. Condits injury was a freak accident, he actually literally acts "holier than thou", and the Hendricks fight was almost a year ago. He didn't even have a title eliminater. He CHOSE to sit out while other fighters have fought.

I can't remember if I have been called a shertard before, but thanks.
Woodley injured Condit's knee with a take down. He then ended the fight with a hard leg kick. Please explain how that's a freak accident.

I am not contradicting myself. I've been watching Woodley since Strikeforce. There was a time where he would LnP to an absurd degree. It was terrible to watch. I know he has become more exciting, as I explained, but I still hold it against him somehow. It still irks me a little bit.

I never denied racism. Racism is very real. That doesn't change the fact that he uses the race card when it's not valid.

The rest of the counter arguments are also bull. Condits injury was a freak accident, he actually literally acts "holier than thou", and the Hendricks fight was almost a year ago. He didn't even have a title eliminater. He CHOSE to sit out while other fighters have fought.

I can't remember if I have been called a shertard before, but thanks.

That's pretty shallow then. The same situation and reverse can be applied to so many other fighters.

I disagree. He was going off about how Rogan only to call how muscular black athletes gas fast. It's a common stereotype in the wrestling world and especially here.

Woodley kicked in the leg and took him down causing the injury. He won fair and square and Condit is my favorite WW fighter.

Explain how he's holier than thou? Because he gave back Gastelums fine money?

Again blame Dana and the matchmakers. I never saw Gus getting criticized for willing to wait TWO YEARS to another title shot. There are worse cases in MMA than Woodley but get a fraction of hate.

Because this
Woodley-KO.gif

Because he makes white people uncomfortable when he brings up race

That's pretty shallow then. The same situation and reverse can be applied to so many other fighters.

I disagree. He was going off about how Rogan only to call how muscular black athletes gas fast. It's a common stereotype in the wrestling world and especially here.

Woodley kicked in the leg and took him down causing the injury. He won fair and square and Condit is my favorite WW fighter.

Explain how he's holier than thou? Because he gave back Gastelums fine money?

Again blame Dana and the matchmakers. I never saw Gus getting criticized for willing to wait TWO YEARS to another title shot. There are worse cases in MMA than Woodley but get a fraction of hate.
Trust me, there are other fighters I hold this against too. I know it's not entirely fair, but I really dislike that period in the sport.

It's simply not true that people expect someone who is black to gas quicker. It all depends on their build and past fights. If someone is jacked and explosive, most people expect them to gas, but really it depends on their previous fights. Also, if someone is fat and out of shape, most people expect them to gas. What about Anderson, Magny, Michael Page, Econoreem, Jones, DC, even Rampage. Do people expect them to gas more than their opponents?

Yeah he kicked him, and when have we seen a kick do that? We've seen thousand and thousand of kicks and it's probably happened once or twice. It was a freak thing, and it was an injury.

No, I think he did a very noble thing in giving Gastelum his money back. I think that was actually very decent of him, but he still has an attitude. He jsees himself as a victim, yet he is better than everyone. He feels entitled to a lot of things, but he system is against him. "Some of us look the same after USADA". I have a hard time believing he was/is not on PEDS, but that is speculation. Also, it's not a very humble thing to say. Not that I would care, but again, he tries to carry himself as someone who is humble.

I don't remember Gus waiting two years for a fight. Even if he did, it's a completely different situation. He arguably beat the champion. Woodley got his title shot of a split decision against Gastelum in a horrible fight, 1½ years ago. It's on him for waiting, and how he got the shot over Maia or Wonderboy I don't know.

Boring fighter

Wonderboy deserved title shot. Not as excited for this fight

Not a fan but the stuff he's been saying lately is to try and sell the fight, as much as I like Robbie, Tyron is trying a little harder.

I don't think I've seen another UFC fighter block as many people on twitter as him. To be fair, constantly being told that you're not worthy of the title shot can get aggravating. He's not one of my favorite fighters, but I don't have anything bad to say about him. I actually like him a lot as an analyst.

I think the reason I don't care for Woodley is:

He was the worst lay n pray fighter for a long time. He was part of that LnP crew of wrestlers that influxed into the sport a few years ago. I know he has crazy power, and he's pretty exciting now.

He whines a lot, he uses the race card a lot, even when it's not legitimate.

His family is annoying and obnoxious.

He has this "Holier than thou" attitude.

Religion.

He beat Condit by injury.

He is on a two fight win streak and his last fight was a horrible split decision.

He chose to stay out out for 1½ years after that horrible win and he was awarded a title shot that Wonderboy should have gotten.

That about covers it I think.

Lay N Pray was ushered in by Randy Couture and the UFC giving him decisions for leaning on people against the cage. Woodley is a wrestler but far from a lay n pray artist see GSP and Randy for that.

I have no recollection of his family what so ever so I don't know how they can annoy you to such a degree. He's not well known so the holier than thouh bit is a big nothing for me too. Max Holloway whom I love is much more "Holier than thou". Wonderboy may deserve is now but there is a line and Woodley is in front.

Tyron is a good dude. He's talking more than usual to try to sell the fight, which makes sense, given his inactivity. He's just not a great showman.

Why do people judge fighters personalitys on interviews/pressers concerning fights? They're obviously going to chat shit or try to or say dumb shit because they ain't good at the talk. It's different outside the fighting. Everyone thinks woodleys a dick like Conor with his haters. When infact they're both genuine sound guys. Especially woodley, proper family man. Too much kids though two is enough for me lol.

He has black fans. Blacks back eachother no matter what one of them does... unless they do something gay. Then they abandon them.

Solidarity is important for any minority group, and homophobia persists in fundamentalist communities.

WHITE GUILT and/or REVERSE RACISM

Jokes aside, he's infinitely more interesting and entertaining than all of WMMA combined, Beefy Honda included.

Back