Why does Woodly still have fans?

Considering he sat out and refused to fight till he got his title shot, like an infant, I sound accurate.

Yet he got his title shot. Sounds like a smart move done by a smart man. If he when's the title, I'll see you crying the next day.

Woodley 1
Forum dwellers 0

He is likeable and he made it to a TS in one of the most stacked divisions.

Plus he KTFOed Koschek.

Black or white, white or black. How does this even matter? This whole racism thing is ludicrous and should have been buried for good in the last century.

He's OK. Good fighter and usually a nice guy but he's been saying some stupid shit lately at the same time. He keeps calling people racist for some bizarre reason.

I've only ever listened to a few of his interviews, but he always comes off as genuinely nice and humble. People say he whines, but I've never seen him complain more than any other fighter. His complaints were warranted after the Condit fight. He dominated that fight up until the injury and people act like it was some fluke accident. Admittedly Condit is a late starter, but Woodley caused the injury that ended the fight.

When I compare Tyron's demeanor to Robbie's wooden psycho act, it's easy to root for Tyron.

It's another story inside the cage, however.

He's OK. Good fighter and usually a nice guy but he's been saying some stupid shit lately at the same time. He keeps calling people racist for some bizarre reason.

He sees he hasn't gained very much traction with the fans, so he's lashing out and saying whatever pops into his head.

Yet he got his title shot. Sounds like a smart move done by a smart man. If he when's the title, I'll see you crying the next day.

Woodley 1
Forum dwellers 0

I won't be crying because I actually like Woodley, minus recent comments and him acting like a baby to get the titleshot.

I think the reason I don't care for Woodley is:

He was the worst lay n pray fighter for a long time. He was part of that LnP crew of wrestlers that influxed into the sport a few years ago. I know he has crazy power, and he's pretty exciting now.

He whines a lot, he uses the race card a lot, even when it's not legitimate.

His family is annoying and obnoxious.

He has this "Holier than thou" attitude.

Religion.

He beat Condit by injury.

He is on a two fight win streak and his last fight was a horrible split decision.

He chose to stay out out for 1½ years after that horrible win and he was awarded a title shot that Wonderboy should have gotten.

That about covers it I think.

People are letting their true feelings out on this thread LOL

He was the worst lay n pray fighter for a long time. He was part of that LnP crew of wrestlers that influxed into the sport a few years ago. I know he has crazy power, and he's pretty exciting now.

Religion.

He is on a two fight win streak and his last fight was a horrible split decision.

He chose to stay out out for 1½ years after that horrible win and he was awarded a title shot that Wonderboy should have gotten.

You contradict yourself on your first point. Most of his wins in the UFC are by KO/tko

This place always denies racism unless it's against whites

His fault how?

You made that up... Typical shertard

He Caused Condits injury

He was Scheduled to fight Hendricks as a title eliminator and Hendricks forfeited.

Blame Dana white and the matchmakers

Religion.

This. And I'm black.(for research purposes)

Edit: Could we get that old poll going... 1) white and rooting Woodley, 2) black and Woodley, 3) white and lawyer, 4) black and lawler, 5) other and Woodley, 6) other and lawler. Just interested to see if anyone is rooting for Woodley other than "I'm black and he's black".

People are letting their true feelings out on this thread LOL
Haha it is quite interesting.

On a side note; I hope I don't sound like Woodley when I speak to my friends about structural racism that exists today and is far worse than calling someone a bad word. Dude was so off with the black guy/poor cardio thing.

You contradict yourself on your first point. Most of his wins in the UFC are by KO/tko

This place always denies racism unless it's against whites

His fault how?

You made that up... Typical shertard

He Caused Condits injury

He was Scheduled to fight Hendricks as a title eliminator and Hendricks forfeited.

Blame Dana white and the matchmakers
I am not contradicting myself. I've been watching Woodley since Strikeforce. There was a time where he would LnP to an absurd degree. It was terrible to watch. I know he has become more exciting, as I explained, but I still hold it against him somehow. It still irks me a little bit.

I never denied racism. Racism is very real. That doesn't change the fact that he uses the race card when it's not valid.

The rest of the counter arguments are also bull. Condits injury was a freak accident, he actually literally acts "holier than thou", and the Hendricks fight was almost a year ago. He didn't even have a title eliminater. He CHOSE to sit out while other fighters have fought.

I can't remember if I have been called a shertard before, but thanks.

Back