Why does Nintendo suck now?

For me, personally (new father), I have to look at the PS Vita. A self contained gaming and Internet machine? Awesome. The only time I get to play games is when I am out of the house or when I get alone time at night.

The WiiU is an interesting combo of a system and tablet. Shit I'm plodding front a tablet right now.

On the go, I play on my Droid. My daughter loves playing on her DS however.

On the go, I play on my Droid. My daughter loves playing on her DS however.

Nice. I have my iPhone, but the touch controls just don't do it for me. It seems like most touch control games are based around a gimmick.

I have been thinking about a 3ds or DS.

If my daughter got a portable system it would be hard to keep my hands off of it...

Nice. I have my iPhone, but the touch controls just don't do it for me. It seems like most touch control games are based around a gimmick.

I have been thinking about a 3ds or DS.

If my daughter got a portable system it would be hard to keep my hands off of it...

I like it because it allows me to play on my PS3 withouth her wanting to play LittlebigPlanet lol.

One quick point. For years after Microsoft and Sony released the 360 and PS3 they lost money on every single console they sold and it was years before they turned a profit. Nintendo sold 100 million wii's and made money on every single one. Some industry experts still think that either Sony or Microsoft will abandon their plans for a next gen console. Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

They are still there for a moment, besides as long as they own the handheld system they'll be fine.

I like it because it allows me to play on my PS3 withouth her wanting to play LittlebigPlanet lol.

Lol yeah a huge part of familyhood is dividing TV time. The TV is a central part of the home, more than ever.

Anyone know if they sell wireless controllers for the N64??

I was thinking of purchasing one because of the the fond memories I had playing Goldeneye and Super smash bros

It's the same system. Why would you buy it?

It's literally the exact same system + the stupid expensive Gameboy Advance looking things.

I love how they asked for a top 10 reasons and I was the only one to give it and no one quoted my post. :(

Saw your other post.

No, it really isn't the exact same system. It's a new system with the old system inside of it. I get the benefits of WiiU and Wii games. I enjoy the interactivity that comes with touchpad controller. The graphics are nice but I don't really give a crap about that.

What pushed me to buy a WiiU (besides not being broke and this not making a dent in my wallet) was that I feel the PS3 is kind of dead. There are no new innovative games coming out. Another AC? Another CoD? No thank you.

I could have waited for the PS4 (notice I dont mention Xbox, because I loathe MS hardware) but I don't know what to expect with it. Although, I'm sure I will purchase one anyway when the time comes.

Right now the WiiU looks promising. There will be more third party support, exclusives, adult games. ZombiU has been great so far. Just gotta see what comes from E3 this year.

This isn't even true.

The PSX blew away the N64 in graphical capacity. Compare FF8 to anything on the N64. It wasn't even close.

The N64 had blocky, ugly ugraphics.

This is not true. N64 was more powerful and can do better in game graphics, but because of the much larger storage it was easier to store FMV and CGI vids on psx games. The impressive parts of ff8 are the cutscenes and pretenders background.

It's all about the third party drop off.

Traditional players don't buy their system because they know third party support will drop off, and third party support drops off because traditional players won't buy their system.

I still think it's funny they thought 70 year old women were going to be tearing it up on video games from here out.

This is not true. N64 was more powerful and can do better in game graphics, but because of the much larger storage it was easier to store FMV and CGI vids on psx games. The impressive parts of ff8 are the cutscenes and pretenders background.

I will agree. The advantage of PS1 was it had more storage system due to being a cd. The cinemas and soundtracks were better. But the 64 graphics has aged better than any PS1 game I have ever played today.

The biggest selling gaming device of the "last" generation was the Nintendo DS.

By a large margin.

I will agree. The advantage of PS1 was it had more storage system due to being a cd. The cinemas and soundtracks were better. But the 64 graphics has aged better than any PS1 game I have ever played today.

Both were great systems, but I always thought N64 had better replay value with its games. Ocarina of Time. Goldeneye. Mario.

I went through like 3 playstations because the lasers would go out, as well, so I eventually gave up on it.

I have a Wii, bought it 3 years ago for my wife and son. We use it all the time for Netflix and my son uses it to play Wii sports and the Wii fit games.

I can't believe the Wii U doesn't have a DVD or Blu Ray player. For people who stick to one system, that can be a deal breaker for some. It still bugs me that I can't play DVDs on the Wii unless I homebrew it and even then, the quality leaves something to be desired.

Give your top 10 reasons why Nintendo went from being the hands down best gaming company ever (from NEW to N64 they were the best ever) and now they've fallen into almost complete irrelevance?

Wiiu, lol. Nobody is going to buy that piece of shit just like everyone who bought the wii sold it or lost interest in it.

What happened!!!???

They went from being innovative and fun to being innovative-but-boring/awful.

I used to love getting Nintendo stuff for Christmas when I was a kid. Now Nintendo just blows.

You know what?................................... YOU SUCK!

All the kids asked for 3ds' this year. And Skylanders is huge on Wii every store was sold out of the good ones. It just is marketed towards younger kids.

Windwaker and Skyward Sword sucked balls.

Um, there was nothing wrong with the gameplay of Windwaker. Don't hate it just because the graphics weren't the usual Zelda graphics.

The world, characters, using the boat, all the hidden areas, the boss battles; all were well-done and enjoyable.

Back