Why does Nintendo suck now?

They don't suck. It's a different take on video gaming. If you don't like it, well holy shit keep playing your N64 and whatnot.

their biggest mistake was missing the disc transition and sticking with cartridge in N64

Sony was originally signed up to develop a disc based system for nintendo. Then Nintendo balked at the idea, sony developd PS1, and Nintendo never really recovered

This. N64 had plenty of great games but during that console generation Sony began to take over Nintendo's role. More and more third party companies began to develop primarily for Sony and then Microsoft as well, as their consoles had more graphical power. Rather than compete Nintendo chose to form a niche with top-shelf first-party software and unique proprietary controls and console features. The fact they've been able to stay relevant without most of the best third-party titles says a lot.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is still awesome.
I'm also pretty sure you're in the wrong place for this.

It doesn't suck, you just suck balls for not liking it. Fuck you the end game over LOVE Nintendo.

Between a PC and a Nintendo I get all the gaming I want. I don't need those other TV PCs. FPS games are better with Mouse and keyboard as are some of those big RPGs like Dragon Age or Skyrim. Few games I miss out on like Red Dead Redemption but I can always pick up one of those consoles to play it on the cheap later. Nintendo gives me different ways to play video games, I love that. No way I will shit on the one company that loves to think outside the box and isn't scared to try new shit.

their biggest mistake was missing the disc transition and sticking with cartridge in N64

Sony was originally signed up to develop a disc based system for nintendo. Then Nintendo balked at the idea, sony developd PS1, and Nintendo never really recovered

This has a lot to do with the problems, as far as losing 3rd party players as they were on board for the disks. More space, but the Carts at the time still had higher capabilities as far as graphics and 3D goes. But they lost something, but at the same time set the standard for how 3D games can be made, controlled and developed. Between Mario 64 and Zelda OoT it was awesome they went that rout.

Supposedly the tech in the Wii U is capable of HD graphics to rival the PS3 and 360.

If they ever did an HD remake of Donkey Kong 64, Star Fox 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask ot the Banjo series I would run out this very minute and buy a Wii U. I'll shell out for childhood nostalgia, I get all the 'hardcore' games I can handle between my PC and 360.

This has a lot to do with the problems, as far as losing 3rd party players as they were on board for the disks. More space, but the Carts at the time still had higher capabilities as far as graphics and 3D goes. But they lost something, but at the same time set the standard for how 3D games can be made, controlled and developed. Between Mario 64 and Zelda OoT it was awesome they went that rout.

I loved those two games, but I ended up giving my N64 and all my games to my cousins.

Nintendo is glorious, the wii-u is a good system the wii is shit and same with the "3ds". however they do have monster hunters now =(

Its the Wii, it sucks balls as well the 3ds I don't like it and it cant compete with the PSP Vita

The Wii was garbage, but I was convinced and am happy with the WiiU.

Being a lame ass Dad now my wii gets more play than ever. Virtual console classics + quality (kid friendly) exclusives = win/win.

Nintendo is as good as ever.

This isn't even true.

The PSX blew away the N64 in graphical capacity. Compare FF8 to anything on the N64. It wasn't even close.

The N64 had blocky, ugly ugraphics.

Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64.

The Nintendo exclusives deliver.

While Nintendo might be for kiddies now, didnt WII kick xbox 360 and PS3s ass?

Id say they recovered just fine from n64, which is my fav console.

Nintendo probably made more profit than any video game company the last 3-4 years with the Wii and merchandises. Sony also paid them a grip for using the rumble pack idea with Nintendos consent.

I do not think Nintendo sucks at all. Most of the memories I had playing games was with Nintendo. I do however don't think the appeal of games are on Nintendo right now for me. I prefer Sony atm. But doesn't mean I would never go back to Nintendo.

I do not think Nintendo sucks at all. Most of the memories I had playing games was with Nintendo. I do however don't think the appeal of games are on Nintendo right now for me. I prefer Sony atm. But doesn't mean I would never go back to Nintendo.

Nintendo is perfect when you want a safe buy. Don't have the sheer volume of games that the other systems have, but they have the pillars of quality that you can always go to. I play my 360 for the sports games but nothing compares to the feeling when I sit down with the wife and play some Kirby or New Super Mario Bros.

Nintendo is perfect when you want a safe buy. Don't have the sheer volume of games that the other systems have, but they have the pillars of quality that you can always go to. I play my 360 for the sports games but nothing compares to the feeling when I sit down with the wife and play some Kirby or New Super Mario Bros.

Agree. You know you will have fun playing Nintendo with someone. I've always have. Even with the wii. I don't know how many times I had fun going to my friends house party playing wii sober or not sober lol.

Agree. You know you will have fun playing Nintendo with someone. I've always have. Even with the wii. I don't know how many times I had fun going to my friends house party playing wii sober or not sober lol.

Not to say other systems won't deliver, I've had some great drunken times playing Haloe:Ce as recent as 2010.

All I can say is that Nintendo does not suck. it's probably not as good for the hardcore gamer type. The type looking for a deep philosophical or emotional experience out of a game.....But sheer playability? Nintendo is awesome for making people remember why video games are a great form of entertainment.

Not to say other systems won't deliver, I've had some great drunken times playing Haloe:Ce as recent as 2010.

All I can say is that Nintendo does not suck. it's probably not as good for the hardcore gamer type. The type looking for a deep philosophical or emotional experience out of a game.....But sheer playability? Nintendo is awesome for making people remember why video games are a great form of entertainment.

I never played Halo drunk..but I did high once. That was fun.

Nintendo will always have a place in my gaming heart for me. I would love to go back and playing it again like i've done so many years. Just right now Sony was the right system for me. Plus most of the games didn't even come out on wii that I enjoyed.

And I'm not so sure about buying the wiiU when the new system form Sony and MS are coming out. I need to see what they offer first before buying a new system.

I never played Halo drunk..but I did high once. That was fun.

Nintendo will always have a place in my gaming heart for me. I would love to go back and playing it again like i've done so many years. Just right now Sony was the right system for me. Plus most of the games didn't even come out on wii that I enjoyed.

And I'm not so sure about buying the wiiU when the new system form Sony and MS are coming out. I need to see what they offer first before buying a new system.

For me, personally (new father), I have to look at the PS Vita. A self contained gaming and Internet machine? Awesome. The only time I get to play games is when I am out of the house or when I get alone time at night.

The WiiU is an interesting combo of a system and tablet. Shit I'm posting front a tablet right now.

Back