Why do underpaid workers take their jobs so seriously?

TS screwed up paying. What a cuck move.

Instead you should had feigned surprised embarrassment, as in "oh, I didn't realize I was getting the lemonade until the cup was half-filled, and I didn't want to waste!"

If he still insisted you pay for the lemonade, you then proceed to simply dump the lemonade down the drainage trench and refill with your honestly bought water.

Or just drink water to start with and avoid the diabetes, fattie.

Or just spray a bit of lemonade and say "oh shit" and fill the rest with water.

shoulda smiled AND winked at him TS, you would finished enjoying that lemonade

What's the group thought on filling a free water glass with sparkling water? I'll take that over the flat water when available.

It takes from them, if they lose product then their shift could be punished for lost wages. It also is best if you do work at your best no matter how much you make it shows character. Our gen is downhill in terms of quality thinking and execution. :icon_chee

What do you do for work, TS? (except being a part time thief of course)

Ha owned by underpaid Chipotle teenager, cries on forum

I was saying I won't tell the manager I'm stealing lemonade if he won't tell the manager either. It's an expression.

So you get a free drink and he gets the risk of not getting a promotion or something.

Shit logic all around by TS.

lol damn son.. Very surprised by this thread backfire. I would be chill about it and let you get that free lemonade.

Although if their water cups are the same size as the small lemonade size, thats a pretty poverty move OP.

i pay for drinks but i fill it up like 4 times, corporate fat cats can suck it

I've always wondering this too, but I figured that lower-income earners are extremely protective of their main income source.

I had two separate occasions with two different friends who were working near-minimum wage grocery store stocking jobs, and on both occasions, we had bought (expensive) tickets to certain events way in advance, and come event time, they canceled out the night before to go work their shift (where they probably made as much as they lost on the ticket).

Specifically when it comes to enforcing company policy?

So the other day, I'm at Chipotle, and i do what I always do: I order a chicken bowl, and a cup for water.
Once I get my water cup, I go straight to the beverage station and fill the cup up with lemonade. The guy cleaning tables comes out an tells me I need to pay for the lemonade, and that water cups are for water only. I tell him with a smile "I won't tell, if you won't". He puts his foot down and insists I pay for the beverage. So I eventually pay, but I'm thinking: why in the hell do you even care? You're underpaid, and this ain't your business. Just clean the tables, pick up your check and go home.

The same shit happens to me at Subway too.

Discuss.

Really?

i tried sneaking in to a theme park and the try hard employee refused to let me in, i go buy a ticket and this other employee just waves me in didnt check anything

i would have left a mess on my table and not cleared it just to stick it to him

Lol TS tried to steal and gets hurt that someone called him out on it? I'll buy a small lemonade for you next time you eat out. Where can I send the $1.80 to? I'm sure you can find someone to spare you $.30 if you want to splurge and get the large.

TS probably took a napkin dispenser and a roll of paper towels from the restroom home with him

I know a guy who takes napkins home from restaurants and uses them as shit tickets. He says it is a great way to save money on toilet paper, tissue, and tissue for personal purposes. He jokes the last time he paid for shit tickets, George Washington was still in office.

I wouldn't have taken the lemonade without paying for it, but the outrage in this thread is hilarious.

TS is a scumbag for stealing what, $.10 worth of lemonade? How many times have you taken pens, papers, sticky pads, etc home from work? Shit, you probably steal more in time from your employers playing on sherdog than TS did.

I see your point TS. Why would some guy making minimum wage want to play security? It doesn't make sense to me either. I remember working in retail as a teenager, and coworkers getting their shit pushed in by shoplifters because they wanted to play hero. Not worth it.

Maybe some ballin ass Applebee's waiter stole his bitch, and he hates thieves now.

Working at circuit city back in the day I once watched a guy grab a DVD player and walk out the store. I did nothing to stop it. I wasn't get paid to get laid out trying to tackle a guy at the door.

I'm an underpaid worker in the service industry and I take my job very seriously. Afterall, it's what provides me money and gives me a sense of responsibility.

Back