Why do underpaid workers take their jobs so seriously?

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Specifically when it comes to enforcing company policy?

So the other day, I'm at Chipotle, and i do what I always do: I order a chicken bowl, and a cup for water.
Once I get my water cup, I go straight to the beverage station and fill the cup up with lemonade. The guy cleaning tables comes out an tells me I need to pay for the lemonade, and that water cups are for water only. I tell him with a smile "I won't tell, if you won't". He puts his foot down and insists I pay for the beverage. So I eventually pay, but I'm thinking: why in the hell do you even care? You're underpaid, and this ain't your business. Just clean the tables, pick up your check and go home.

The same shit happens to me at Subway too.

Discuss.

Why not just pay for the drink like everyone else?

Just thinking out loud here.

TS is so poor, he tries to steal lemonade. Jeez

Because he will probably get fired if his boss notices him not enforce no the rules.

Lol at people who are so poor they pull this move.

Shame OP.. SHAME!!!

A person's job doesn't dictate their sense of honesty, and your sense of entitlement doesn't dictate their actions.

Why do so many thieving degenerates live on the West Coast? We may never know.

so u mad cuz some worker called u out for stealin lemonade

It's their living just like any other person's job.

Also, using the water cup for soft drinks is despicably cheap.

You're a scumbag. Use the water cup for water or buy a drink.

I remember how excited I got when I started making that lemonade money

Also, what kind of logic is this? Like, you're not supposed to care until you become a CEO? How the hell do you get past being a bus boy when you won't even enforce people paying for items? Doesn't sound like someone I'd want running a business.

The hope of being promoted to salsa artist.

Not only that, you have no idea how much that guy gets paid. At all.

Because maybe one day he wants to be a manager - maybe work his way up to head office.

The better question is why are you so poor, TS? Or, if you have a moderate paying job, why you stealing?

Specifically when it comes to enforcing company policy?

So the other day, I'm at Chipotle, and i do what I always do: I order a chicken bowl, and a cup for water.
Once I get my water cup, I go straight to the beverage station and fill the cup up with lemonade. The guy cleaning tables comes out an tells me I need to pay for the lemonade, and that water cups are for water only. I tell him with a smile "I won't tell, if you won't". He puts his foot down and insists I pay for the beverage. So I eventually pay, but I'm thinking: why in the hell do you even care? You're underpaid, and this ain't your business. Just clean the tables, pick up your check and go home.

The same shit happens to me at Subway too.

Discuss.

It's called integrity. Apparently something you know nothing about?

So basically...

You're salty because you're a cheap ass and you think a low wage employee shouldn't stop you do from doing whatever you want in the place he works because he doesn't make enough money.

And also, we know TS is either lying or an idiot because why would you say, "I won't tell, if you won't"

What the fuck would you have to tell? Was he improperly wiping tables down? Didn't like how he busted your pathetic cheap skate ass? Lol.

Back