Why do underpaid workers take their jobs so seriously?

The only fast food job I ever worked was cinnabon in high school, we actually made more money on drinks then we did cinnabons.

Our cup cost was like 5 cents and our syrup/co2 cost for soda was like 10 cents per cup so the profit margin on drinks was well over 1000%.

Maybe you shouldn't eat out if you cant afford the cost. Are u scumbag steve irl?

Why are there so many poor people that have to lie/steal for a $1.50 lemonade?

Prediction: 6 months from now TS will make a thread about how Chipotle workers are lazy and don't have any pride in their work.

I don't understand taking any job seriously, that's just me though:wink:

Lol I wasn't expecting this much backlash and negative feedback.

A job with a future I can agree with you. But a table cleaner gets paid for cleaning tables. Not policy enforcement. And at Chipotle no less. If it were me, I would have minded my business. I don't get paid enough as a table cleaner to get in confrontations.

TS can't afford lemonade. Delete your account and start a new one, you just killed this one and there is no coming back from it.

Ts you sound like someone who puts ketchup on their steak.

And also, we know TS is either lying or an idiot because why would you say, "I won't tell, if you won't"

What the fuck would you have to tell? Was he improperly wiping tables down? Didn't like how he busted your pathetic cheap skate ass? Lol.

I was saying I won't tell the manager I'm stealing lemonade if he won't tell the manager either. It's an expression.

Lol I wasn't expecting this much backlash and negative feedback.

A job with a future I can agree with you. But a table cleaner gets paid for cleaning tables. Not policy enforcement. And at Chipotle no less. If it were me, I would have minded my business. I don't get paid enough as a table cleaner to get in confrontations.

Like others have stated maybe you have no integrity.

Managers at these places make between 45-70k a year which isn't too shabby. In your post you state that you do the water scam everytime you eat at a fastfood place and you are salty you get called out on it.

Maybe you shouldn't live in the bay area if you have to scrap nickels together for a meal.

Hey ts I got your back I used to do that all the time too.

Then I turned 16 lmao!!!

I remember when i was in middle school. Just take some coins from a wishing fountain before you go to chipotle next time?

the subtle contempt for the 'underpaid' employee while you steal lemonade......touche

TS gets pulled up for thieving and wants us to think he's the wronged party?

amateur move as well, shoulda gone w/ sprite. at least it's clear/translucent, would fool most employees.

The only fast food job I ever worked was cinnabon in high school, we actually made more money on drinks then we did cinnabons.

Our cup cost was like 5 cents and our syrup/co2 cost for soda was like 10 cents per cup so the profit margin on drinks was well over 1000%.

Maybe you shouldn't eat out if you cant afford the cost. Are u scumbag steve irl?

That ludicrous profit margin is exactly why I refuse to pay. It has nothing to do with being poor.

On the way out, ts took some candy from a baby.

You reek of poverty

Specifically when it comes to enforcing company policy?

So the other day, I'm at Chipotle, and i do what I always do: I order a chicken bowl, and a cup for water.
Once I get my water cup, I go straight to the beverage station and fill the cup up with lemonade. The guy cleaning tables comes out an tells me I need to pay for the lemonade, and that water cups are for water only. I tell him with a smile "I won't tell, if you won't". He puts his foot down and insists I pay for the beverage. So I eventually pay, but I'm thinking: why in the hell do you even care? You're underpaid, and this ain't your business. Just clean the tables, pick up your check and go home.

The same shit happens to me at Subway too.

Discuss.

Maybe you should just drink water, or maybe you should last for your drink.

Back