Why do underpaid workers take their jobs so seriously?

I wouldn't have taken the lemonade without paying for it, but the outrage in this thread is hilarious.

TS is a scumbag for stealing what, $.10 worth of lemonade? How many times have you taken pens, papers, sticky pads, etc home from work? Shit, you probably steal more in time from your employers playing on sherdog than TS did.

I see your point TS. Why would some guy making minimum wage want to play security? It doesn't make sense to me either. I remember working in retail as a teenager, and coworkers getting their shit pushed in by shoplifters because they wanted to play hero. Not worth it.

Maybe some ballin ass Applebee's waiter stole his bitch, and he hates thieves now.

Yeah this site is hilarious. I don't believe half the shit posters post anyway. No one keeps it real here. Everyone everyone makes 6 figures, no one steals, no one breaks the rules. Yeah I steal lemonaide. I can afford it... butI choose not to. I also movie hop when I can, I take office supplies from my job, I download mp3s.

Lol @ talking about integrity at a fast food joint. I take 10 cents worth lemonade, and I'm less than scum. And the janitor is some kind of War Hero, because he confronted me ROFL

Yeah this site is hilarious. I don't believe half the shit posters post anyway. No one keeps it real here. Everyone everyone makes 6 figures, no one steals, no one breaks the rules. Yeah I steal lemonaide. I can afford it... butI choose not to. I also movie hop when I can, I take office supplies from my job, I download mp3s.

Lol @ talking about integrity at a fast food joint. I take 10 cents worth lemonade, and I'm less than scum. And the janitor is some kind of War Hero, because he confronted me ROFL

Personally, I don't think what you did is a big deal. It's the coming to the forum to whine about the person who caught you that's pretty pathetic.

And how many here stream UFC events? $60 > $.10

It would've been your ass if this guy was on duty though.

hqdefault.jpg

wow. stealing lemonade. pathetic.

Personally, I don't think what you did is a big deal. It's the coming to the forum to whine about the person who caught you that's pretty pathetic.

Im not really whining about it Mr. Horse. I was just kind of supprised the janitor would make a big deal out of it. Its lemonade. Lets all just relax. Were you the hall monitor in middle school Mr. Horse?

And how many here stream UFC events? $60 > $.10

It would've been your ass if this guy was on duty though.

hqdefault.jpg

I feel sorry for Semmi (Arsenio Hall) in that movie. Having to look after a very naive prince and be punished if he gets into trouble. Akeem walks into the street to stop a cab, parades his money and expensive stuff in the ghetto and challenge a robber with a shotgun with just a broom. Now what if Sam Jackson's character blew a hole in his chest before he could do anything with that broom.

Specifically when it comes to enforcing company policy?

So the other day, I'm at Chipotle, and i do what I always do: I order a chicken bowl, and a cup for water.
Once I get my water cup, I go straight to the beverage station and fill the cup up with lemonade. The guy cleaning tables comes out an tells me I need to pay for the lemonade, and that water cups are for water only. I tell him with a smile "I won't tell, if you won't". He puts his foot down and insists I pay for the beverage. So I eventually pay, but I'm thinking: why in the hell do you even care? You're underpaid, and this ain't your business. Just clean the tables, pick up your check and go home.

The same shit happens to me at Subway too.

Discuss.

What is amazing is that your self respect is sold for the low low price of $2 or whatever a drink costs.

I used to pull the ole water cup trick in high school. Only got confronted about it once and it was a girl who was employed there but wasn't currently working, just eating there. She said if she was on the clock she would've made me pay for it lol.

Specifically when it comes to enforcing company policy?

So the other day, I'm at Chipotle, and i do what I always do: I order a chicken bowl, and a cup for water.
Once I get my water cup, I go straight to the beverage station and fill the cup up with lemonade. The guy cleaning tables comes out an tells me I need to pay for the lemonade, and that water cups are for water only. I tell him with a smile "I won't tell, if you won't". He puts his foot down and insists I pay for the beverage. So I eventually pay, but I'm thinking: why in the hell do you even care? You're underpaid, and this ain't your business. Just clean the tables, pick up your check and go home.

The same shit happens to me at Subway too.

Discuss.

Maybe that guy couldn't make it as a Cop?

I'm not even close to a 6 figure salary.....but I am very far from making up stories to justify stealing .10 of lemonade.

What kind of grown man with a job gets a water cup and fills it with lemonade?

Cheap ass broke ass.

Back