Why do underpaid workers take their jobs so seriously?

TS so poor he goes to KFC to lick other people's fingers.

That ludicrous profit margin is exactly why I refuse to pay. It has nothing to do with being poor.

Noooo it has everything to do with you being poor....and a whiner..

tumblr_mh5kyf9fM21qb1vv2o1_500.gif

That ludicrous profit margin is exactly why I refuse to pay. It has nothing to do with being poor.

Bullshit. You wouldn't eat there to begin with if you really cared so much. Decent trawl thread though.

Thread backfire?

lmao if I was working there I would citizens arrest you and call the police

Busted for stealing lemonade? Lol

just because someone works for minimum wage doesn't mean they're a scumbag.

You said you ended up paying for the lemonade, if you were serious about not paying for things with 1000% mark up you would have just had the water.... you're a lying thief. shit, i would have kicked you out.

You do realize that the profit margins on fountain drinks are what allows for much slimmer margins on the actual food. That's why the clear alternative is to just drink the water-- it's not like you're going to get soda in any type of setting at cost. When you go to the supermarket, you still make $1+.

I agree that it's kind of crazy, but so is the expectation that low-wage workers will turn a blind eye to theft by virtue of their job's meaninglessness.

just because someone works for minimum wage doesn't mean they're a scumbag.

I dont think they are scumbabs. I think the employers are scum bags for paying non liveable wages. And I think the workers making those low wages are unreasonably loyal to their employers who pay them shit. Meanwhile, the employer will lay off the worker without batting an eye. MY attitude is, if you are paying me shit, fuck you and fuck your business. Yeah Ill do my job, but Im not going above and beyond.

TS screwed up paying. What a cuck move.

Instead you should had feigned surprised embarrassment, as in "oh, I didn't realize I was getting the lemonade until the cup was half-filled, and I didn't want to waste!"

If he still insisted you pay for the lemonade, you then proceed to simply dump the lemonade down the drainage trench and refill with your honestly bought water.

Or just drink water to start with and avoid the diabetes, fattie.

Unrelated, but Mythbusters showed that that doesn't work.

They went back and retested that because of fan protest. The second time they were able to recreate it.

I'd trust Carlos Hathcock's word over that of Mythbusters anyway.

On a brighter note TS is a closet optimist.

When life threw him a water cup...he got lemonade.

#Hespect

That employee had integrity and you didn't.

It's called being decent lol

They went back and retested that because of fan protest. The second time they were able to recreate it.

I'd trust Carlos Hathcock's word over that of Mythbusters anyway.

Oh right on, interesting. I'll have to look that up.

Specifically when it comes to enforcing company policy?

So the other day, I'm at Chipotle, and i do what I always do: I order a chicken bowl, and a cup for water.
Once I get my water cup, I go straight to the beverage station and fill the cup up with lemonade. The guy cleaning tables comes out an tells me I need to pay for the lemonade, and that water cups are for water only. I tell him with a smile "I won't tell, if you won't". He puts his foot down and insists I pay for the beverage. So I eventually pay, but I'm thinking: why in the hell do you even care? You're underpaid, and this ain't your business. Just clean the tables, pick up your check and go home.

The same shit happens to me at Subway too.

Discuss.

Strong contender for Dumbest OP of 2015.:rolleyes:

Back