Why do people think conor is a great boxer?

Just because he sets up techniques with kicks doesnt mean it's not boxing. Just because he stands very sideways doesnt mean it's not boxing either. What he did by pivoting out of range and attacking a vulnerable target with a well times left hand IS boxing.

LOL YES MAN THATS EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS. you cant set up punches with kicks in boxing. You dont get it, clearly!

No offense dude but if you watch his last fight against Alvarez and don't see he's one of the best boxers in mma

You just don't know what you're watching

His timing, countering ability, reflexes, footwork, movement, ability to control the distance, frames combined with his strong technical ability, precision and power, decent head movement.. Among the best you will see in mma at his best

Definitely adopts that wider karate Stance though so he's obviously a combination of styles

Even in the Floyd fight he demonstrated some impressive boxing ability while Floyd was feeling him out, allowing him to punch himself out and drag him into deeper waters

When you have boxing greats like sugar Ray Leonard, Larry Holmes, Tyson, George Foreman and countless others show genuine respect to your boxing ability.. You got some hands for sure. Even guys who talked shit to him from the modern era. Crawford, Andre Ward, Adrien Broner, Amir Khan. The list goes on and on, everyone gave him a lot of credit.

This isn't even fandom but people in the know clearly disagree with this ignorant post

gifs? talk is cheap lol.. hes not a boxer in mma, he throws a lot of kicks and fights from range. using his masterful skills of timing and distance to counter..its simply not boxing tho

2 fights against Nate and one against Mayweather...pretty much straight boxing in all 3.

He is a great striker...a good boxer.

Much like prime Chuck.

Bullshit.

You mean, no tiny midgets can take Conor's left ... like Mendes (5'6"), Aldo (5'7"), Siver (5/7"), Alvarez (5'8"), etc?

Khabib (5'10") didn't blink from Conor's punches and even Holloway as a (5'11') child took them.

As the gif above shows, Conor's punches are actually amateurish, especially when pressured and fatigued.

Everyone knows Conor has a stiff left-cross, esp. in the first round, but puh-lease stop the fawning worship of this 1.5-round, "quits-when-tired" snake oils salesman of a fighter.

He is not a great fighter, just a good one in some respects, while pretty weak in others.

If you have seen footage of people being able to take that left hand then it was just CGI because no one on Gods green earth can take that left hand.

if you're talking about "actual boxing" you should change the content in your original post to reflect that. as of now, it reads otherwise.

many people "believe that shit". sherdog scorecard among many others

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/C...laybyPlay-Results-RoundbyRound-Scoring-126307

i dont mean a soured circle though, not boxing competition. i mean the techniques of boxing. the principles rules and stragey. BOXING skills in mma. not mma boxing.

is this the biggest myth in the UFC right now? Conor doesnt really display anything in his mma fights that show he has fantastic boxing. IMHO he has a karate style predicated on timing and counters. We dont see him in the pocket, we dont see him throw nice combinations, we dont see him slip punches or really use good head movement. Show me some gifs of him boxing in mma...dont show me him standing 5 feet away vs eddie, or him bouncing in and out vs aldo. I WANT TO SEE BOXING, In the pocket not kicking range. im sick of people saying hes some great boxer in mma. its simply NOT TURE. I dont want to hear about floyd playing with and carrying him for a few rounds either, that was pathetic and those rabbit punches were embarrassing.

I know that conor fans will dominate this thread and thats cool lol. i just want to say..conor is absolutely one of he deadliest strikers in mma history...its just not done with boxing, its simply not true. not every punch that lands was from a boxing technique
Isn't this a forum about fighters? Why are we talking about Whiskey owners that never see the inside of a cage?

2 fights against Nate and one against Mayweather...pretty much straight boxing in all 3.

He is a great striker...a good boxer.

Much like prime Chuck.

so 2 loses he got stopped in and close decsion win? i guess that does sum it up lol

please just be real for a sec...how many of floyd fights have you watched? he NEVER EVER EVER fights like that. He never takes full rounds off and plays, he never stalks he never does any of that stuff..

he would sell the fight because hes all about money. He knows people are paying to get a show put on. He said it over and over im going to give you guys a show something you want to see, and then fought literally totally different than anything hes ever done.

why would he do so many things totally different for conor but not canelo, pac man, sugar shane, cotto ect ect.

Because
1. All those other guys are levels above Conor
2. Conor is a 0-1 unexperienced fighter who punched himself out and never went 12 rounds in a Professional boxing fight
3. Conor was the bigger man

Dont get me wrong...Conor has NOTHING for Floyd in pure boxing...but you asked if he can box and i assume with the informations we have (sparring with paulie and going 10 rounds with Floyd) yes, he can box

Theres better ways to talk then bragging about the imaginary high IQ you think you have.

Never said that about myself, dummy. I'm just pointing out how dumb TS is. And that's my point, footwork isn't hard to figure out at all yet it completely went over his and your empty heads.

i had that gif in my OP and took it out because i didnt want to give the huggers the chance to hit me with "but thats the best ever"...sure it is..but that shit is still embarrassing lol. THey think floyd couldnt have finished conor in 1 round..he could have
I don't think Conor has great boxing. Huggers play that up. But his MMA boxing or punching or whatever you want to call it is good. Just as prime Bj's was but it was not good in terms of pure boxing. But for MMA it was good.

But your last statement really exposes you as the counter to the huggers and being a hater. No Floyd could not have finished COnor in round 1, not without a lot of risk. As Floyd, one of the best defensive boxers of all time does against bigger opponents who have the power to hurt him, you work first to tire the opponent out by letting them punch themselves out, and then in the latter rounds go for the finish. There are numerous videos you can watch of Ali and RJJ and other greats doing the same and making REAL boxers look just as foolish as Conor does in that gif swinging at air.

Conor did very well V Mayweather and that is demonstrated in how long it took before Mayweather finally felt he was in a position to go for that finish. You won't find any of the top boxing pundits suggesting otherwise but I know, I know, the Conor haters know better that the top boxing pundits, if Conor did well in a boxing match.

Never said that about myself, dummy. I'm just pointing out how dumb TS is. And that's my point, footwork isn't hard to figure out at all yet it completely went over his and your empty heads.
Does anyone on earth actually like you? cause you seem like a cunt.

gifs? talk is cheap lol.. hes not a boxer in mma, he throws a lot of kicks and fights from range. using his masterful skills of timing and distance and footwork to counter..its simply not boxing tho

so you are out here calling someone else dumb while being wrong the whole team? read the fuckign post before you attempt to swallow conors dick and balls little boy

He does not box as much in his mma fights.

But he can compete with pro champion boxers like Paulie, Floyd, Van Heerden, ECT...

But you are right, he is a man fighter not a boxer but I think its pretty cool he can still compete with actual boxers.
Screen_Shot_2019_04_23_at_17.06.35.0.jpeg conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-rematch-john-kavanagh-885442.jpg Conor-McGregor-in-the-ring.jpg Conor-McGregor-2.png cxccxgbuuaasqt3-jpg-large.jpeg

He's a great puncher. and he didn't have 0 strikes landed against floyd. He got some in. Who they say is the best defensive boxer ever. Not really a fair example if thats youre first boxing match.

Mcgregor has some boxing skill. I don't think anyone has ever said he'd do well in the sport of boxing.
Show one other fight money fought like that, you won't find one. Conor got his licks in because Floyd let him by walking him down which Floyd Never did before he just knew Conor really had nothing for him, I can't stand money but that's just the way it was. Had Floyd fought the way he had to get to the top in boxing Conor would have been swinging at air all night.

Couldn't find a gif of this but ignore the terrible music in the background. Nothing here was set up with kicks at all

Parry the right to land the left
scfrcw7r1no11.gif

Body to head, obviously the leg kick is
iS4KJq5.gif

Not really sure what you're looking for here

I don't think Conor has great boxing. Huggers play that up. But his MMA boxing or punching or whatever you want to call it is good. Just as prime Bj's was but it was not good in terms of pure boxing. But for MMA it was good.

But your last statement really exposes you as the counter to the huggers and being a hater. No Floyd could not have finished COnor in round 1, not without a lot of risk. As Floyd, one of the best defensive boxers of all time does against bigger opponents who have the power to hurt him, you work first to tire the opponent out by letting them punch themselves out, and then in the latter rounds go for the finish. There are numerous videos you can watch of Ali and RJJ and other greats doing the same and making REAL boxers look just as foolish as Conor does in that gif swinging at air.

Conor did very well V Mayweather and that is demonstrated in how long it took before Mayweather finally felt he was in a position to go for that finish. You won't find any of the top boxing pundits suggesting otherwise but I know, I know, the Conor haters know better that the top boxing pundits, if Conor did well in a boxing match.

if you say so. im actually NOT a hater of conor just a realist. Floyd wasnt worried about conors power man. Again, hes never fought any other "power puncher" that way. he fought conor 100% diffeent than anyone in boxing. He toyed with him, it sucks mma fans dont see it. He walked him down WITH HIS HANDS DOWN. even in round 1 he wasnt even thowing punches...we had 49 other fights from floyd that show us, thats not how hes fought. He said twice he was going to put on a show, both times vs non boxers and he did exactly that. He could have done conor the sme way he did the asian kid...i know mma fans dont want to hear that but its just a different sport all togther. i dont really hate on anyone though honestly, my answer was provided by different responses and i get it..most people assume punching in mma is boxing, thats just not true.

Conor is one of the best strikers ever, its just a hybird style NOT boxign thats all i was getting at.

Show one other fight money fought like that, you won't find one. Conor got his licks in because Floyd let him by walking him down which Floyd Never did before he just knew Conor really had nothing for him, I can't stand money but that's just the way it was. Had Floyd fought the way he had to get to the top in boxing Conor would have been swinging at air all night.

I know Connie was out of his league with Floyd and his gameplan was clearly to just wait until he gets tired.

But who the fuck ever just lets themselves get punched. I'm sure Floyd knew what he was doing but I doubt anyone just eat punches because of lazyness. and I doubt he expected that big uppercut at the start of the fight.

He outstruck Diaz, Alvarez, Aldo, Poirer and Holloway.

Who would you say has great boxing in MMA?

He also got outstruck by Nate (who is someone who would get obliterated in actual boxing matches), the Aldo fight was 13 seconds long, yes he got the KO but it wasn’t some striking clinic.

And to answer your question, in terms of technique, Frankie is much better than Conor as a boxer. Simply look at his head movement and footwork for reference.

Doesn’t mean Conor sucks, I think he’s better than most MMA fighters when it comes to fighting using your hands but, he is just good.

Back