Why do people think conor is a great boxer?

He has really good boxing from a distance. For MMA he is very skilled there. Just look at the Alvarez and Aldo fights. Those counters are extremely high level. That is boxing.

they guy in your av is a boxer in mma. He will stand in the pocket roll with your punches and counter...theres a slight difference, i said very well hes a great mma striker lol

Agreed. Masvidal's pure boxing is way better. But I think most people who call Conor a "great boxer" actually mean he's a great MMA striker with an emphasis on punches.

TS has a very low fight IQ and low IQ in general. He only looks at the hands and has no idea about footwork and how crucial it is to punch-sport.

Agreed. Masvidal's pure boxing is way better. But I think most people who call Conor a "great boxer" actually mean he's a great MMA striker with an emphasis on punches.

thats probably the end to this thread. thanks sherbro lol

No one on earth can take that left hand

Bullshit.

You mean, no tiny midgets can take Conor's left ... like Mendes (5'6"), Aldo (5'7"), Siver (5/7"), Alvarez (5'8"), etc?

Khabib (5'10") didn't blink from Conor's punches and even Holloway as a (5'11') child took them.

As the gif above shows, Conor's punches are actually amateurish, especially when pressured and fatigued.

Everyone knows Conor has a stiff left-cross, esp. in the first round, but puh-lease stop the fawning worship of this 1.5-round, "quits-when-tired" snake oils salesman of a fighter.

He is not a great fighter, just a good one in some respects, while pretty weak in others.

He's a great puncher. and he didn't have 0 strikes landed against floyd. He got some in. Who they say is the best defensive boxer ever. Not really a fair example if thats youre first boxing match.

Mcgregor has some boxing skill. I don't think anyone has ever said he'd do well in the sport of boxing.

TS is talking about boxing in mma (not prizefighting in a boxing ring)...

and I think a lot of people think he'd do very well in the sport of boxing. in his very first boxing match he fought arguably the best boxer of all-time and he arguably did as well as any boxer did against Floyd.

TS has a very low fight IQ and low IQ in general. He only looks at the hands and has no idea about footwork and how crucial it is to punch-sport.

lol show me one gif then. You simply have no idea what you are talking about. you didnt even read the OP. stupid fuck. I clearly gave credit to his timing distance and footwork i just noted its NOT BOXING TECHNIQUE..

And that sums it up

Theres better ways to talk then bragging about the imaginary high IQ you think you have.

and I think a lot of people think he'd do very well in the sport of boxing. in his very first boxing match he fought arguably the best boxer of all-time and he arguably did as well as any boxer did against Floyd.

no im talking about actual boxing...

and do you really believe that shit? Floyd carried him for a few rounds then walked him down with his hands down and stopped him. FLOYD HAS NEVER EVER WALKED ANYONE ELSE DOWN IN BOXING. how can you spew that garbage lol. He did worse than 99% of the people floyd boxed, probably including in training. there was 100's of millions on the line, floyd carried him

He has really good boxing from a distance. For MMA he is very skilled there. Just look at the Alvarez and Aldo fights. Those counters are extremely high level. That is boxing.

thats karate. bouncing in and out on both feet looking for a counter, he just hit the kill shot on both guys with punches.

I took it as he's talking about the sport of boxing.

Mcgregor didn't do bad. He obviously had some habits from mma in that match but I don't think it makes him a joke.

Watch the Nate fight if you wanna see some head movement and counter strikes.
Is he a good Boxer? I assume that because Nate trains with Pro Boxers and he landed on Paulie and Floyd.
Could Floyd finish him in the first? Maybe...do you live in some multiverse where this happend? In the real World it didn't and unless we see a second fight between floyd and Conor : WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE CARRY HIM??
He let him get tired...bank 100million without much damage, good for him.

I took it as he's talking about the sport of boxing.

Mcgregor didn't do bad. He obviously had some habits from mma in that match but I don't think it makes him a joke.

you are 100% correct i meant actual boxing skills not mma striking. I dont think hes a joke at all either. Hes super deadly with his strikes..he just gets called " a boxer"

lyoto knocked out bader with punches, that wasnt boxing either.

Who cares? Why are we debating if he's a good MMA boxer or striker? Lol
Sherdog be like:

<24>

"Conor sucks at everything. He only became the first champ-champ because Aldo and Eddie ran into his fists. Masvidal was not a fluke by KO'ing Ben but Conor's whole career has been a fluke after fluke. Andy Wang would smesh."

no im talking about actual boxing...

and do you really believe that shit? Floyd carried him for a few rounds then walked him down with his hands down and stopped him. FLOYD HAS NEVER EVER WALKED ANYONE ELSE DOWN IN BOXING. how can you spew that garbage lol. He did worse than 99% of the people floyd boxed, probably including in training. there was 100's of millions on the line, floyd carried him

if you're talking about "actual boxing" you should change the content in your original post to reflect that. as of now, it reads otherwise.

many people "believe that shit". sherdog scorecard among many others

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/C...laybyPlay-Results-RoundbyRound-Scoring-126307

thats karate. bouncing in and out on both feet looking for a counter, he just hit the kill shot on both guys with punches.

Just because he sets up techniques with kicks doesnt mean it's not boxing. Just because he stands very sideways doesnt mean it's not boxing either. What he did by pivoting out of range and attacking a vulnerable target with a well times left hand IS boxing.

Watch the Nate fight if you wanna see some head movement and counter strikes.
Is he a good Boxer? I assume that because Nate trains with Pro Boxers and he landed on Paulie and Floyd.
Could Floyd finish him in the first? Maybe...do you live in some multiverse where this happend? In the real World it didn't and unless we see a second fight between floyd and Conor : WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE CARRY HIM??
He let him get tired...bank 100million without much damage, good for him.

please just be real for a sec...how many of floyd fights have you watched? he NEVER EVER EVER fights like that. He never takes full rounds off and plays, he never stalks he never does any of that stuff..

he would sell the fight because hes all about money. He knows people are paying to get a show put on. He said it over and over im going to give you guys a show something you want to see, and then fought literally totally different than anything hes ever done.

why would he do so many things totally different for conor but not canelo, pac man, sugar shane, cotto ect ect.

Back