Why do people think conor is a great boxer?

I I might have misinterpreted what you meant. I see way too many people with the idea of if you can't brawl you're not a good boxer. Which is ridiculous. I get what you're saying but I also think you're not giving Connor enough credit in terms of being able to manage distance , slip punches & counter, and his timing. As the great orator Mike Goldberg said " his precision is very precise"

i give him all the credit in the world i said hes a master at timing distance countering and foodtwork ..i just think its more karate based than boxing thats all

He started becoming more boxing heavy after the first Diaz fight. He stopped throwing any form of kicks outside of the teep to the stomach, leg kick, side kick, or left head kick. No spinning kicks. The Holloway fight is the one fight where he threw more kicks than punches it seemed

But that's probably why there hasn't been as many in the past even though there has been a few
https://makeagif.com/i/z0cdpH This used to be a google gif but it broke so i had to find the original source. He does show some head movement here and ducks down in the Chad Mendes fight
200.gif

And then ducks down under Jose's left hand in the first exchange

And then here against Dustin Poirier he uses some nice head / upper body movement to avoid all of the punches

thats 100% karate, hands low bouncing in and out looking for a counter. again im not saying he doesnt have punching skills..he has that shit in spades. i meant boxing technique, he doesnt use it much.

edit and his heaviest kicking fight was diaz 2

I'll also give it to you that yes he definitely has more of a karate based style. This is not necessarily mean that he's not a decent boxer at least. He just has a more unorthodox and non-traditional style than typical boxers.

exactly, how do you think he would do vs mas if mas was forcing him into a close range fight and makes him use his boxing?

conor is so damn polazing that people took "not that great" and made it as if i was thinking he sucks lol. hes better than decent as you put it. hes jut not great IMO..but he doesnt need to be because hes absolutely great at striking in mma.

I I might have misinterpreted what you meant. I see way too many people with the idea of if you can't brawl you're not a good boxer. Which is ridiculous. I get what you're saying but I also think you're not giving Connor enough credit in terms of being able to manage distance , slip punches & counter, and his timing. As the great orator Mike Goldberg said " his precision is very precise"

its easy to do so when conor is involved. so few of us are in the middle, hes either loved or hated so i could see why one would assume i mean that.

youre a casual nerd. you wouldnt know a good mma boxer if he hit you in the face. Mctapper has the best hands in the UFC in first 7.5 mins of a fight. you were making fun of my thread and youre asking ppl to prove he has good hands? compared to my thread which you trashed... this thread is pure shit. Even conors opponents (eddie, dustin, max etc) and khabib who knocked him down will tell you he has great boxing. let alone all MMA coaches, and none opponent fighters. damn, truly a shit thread.

damn your slow man. time for the ignore list for you, i dont have time for people like you..ill leave you with this... PUNCHING IS PART OF MANY STYLES, not just boxing.

@RNC555

damn your slow man. time for the ignore list for you, i dont have time for people like you..ill leave you with this... PUNCHING IS PART OF MANY STYLES, not just boxing.

@RNC555
im slow? LOL youre asking ppl to prove mcgregor has good boxing and im slow? if im slow then youre basically retarded.

I think your reaching to make the distinction. It's all striking, but MMA striking just has so many more elements than boxing or even kickboxing and muay thai. His style might be closer to karate, I like you point out the head movement issue. I think it's one if he worked on his counters would be way more effective because they'd turn into counter-combos if he's not getting tagged while throwing them.

But yeah, the guy stood in there with mayweather for an entertaining fight. Even if you think it was a job and mayweather carried him through the rounds, he could do well against many pros based on what we saw.

For comparison, you could say Deontay is a shit boxer with the same rational as in your post but he's the heavyweight champ. If you are arguing he doesn't have the pure boxing skills of Tyson Fury, sure I think we all saw that, but he has the power to counter it and even if you think Deontay lost that fight (I don't) it showed that every body (not everybody but every person's body) is different and different techniques are more or less effective depending on your physiology. It also showed perfecting "bad" technique can cause a lot of problems for guys who train to defend "good" technique and don't see the "bad" shots coming.

Conor now has more boxing credibility than anyone who has stepped into a UFC ring, outside of James Toney.

a lot of us thought he had good boxing after we noticed him beating Chad Mendes (once Mendes gassed on account of having a two day camp and stopped controlling Conor on the mat). And because Conor made a big deal out of beating him, we kinda thought maybe Conor really is that good.

no im talking about actual boxing...

and do you really believe that shit? Floyd carried him for a few rounds then walked him down with his hands down and stopped him. FLOYD HAS NEVER EVER WALKED ANYONE ELSE DOWN IN BOXING. how can you spew that garbage lol. He did worse than 99% of the people floyd boxed, probably including in training. there was 100's of millions on the line, floyd carried him

I was with you until you made yourself look like a complete idiot. Floyd has walked MANY people down, you clearly just have not seen many of his boxing matches. Stick to what you know rather than make yourself look like a fool.

I was with you until you made yourself look like a complete idiot. Floyd has walked MANY people down, you clearly just have not seen many of his boxing matches. Stick to what you know rather than make yourself look like a fool.

Who has floyd walked down. thats funny as fuck. pretty boy didnt do it, money may didnt do it either. ive seen every one of his fights..this isnt about him though this is about conor. YOU havent watched floyd clearly. i have no problem admitting i was wrong ive done it countless times.

i had that gif in my OP and took it out because i didnt want to give the huggers the chance to hit me with "but thats the best ever"...sure it is..but that shit is still embarrassing lol. THey think floyd couldnt have finished conor in 1 round..he could have
Floyd threw rounds. SUREEE. Conor took rounds off the boxing goat. believe that .

Back