Why do people think conor is a great boxer?

so you are out here calling someone else dumb while being wrong the whole team? read the fuckign post before you attempt to swallow conors dick and balls little boy

Wait so you actually acknowledged that he has good footwork and then you said that footwork has nothing to do with Boxing?

Do you realise that you just made everything that much worse for yourself? Damn. I thought you were just a regular dumb guy but now you make me question if you can really function on your own. I highly doubt you don't have a caretaker.

Couldn't find a gif of this but ignore the terrible music in the background. Nothing here was set up with kicks at all

Parry the right to land the left
scfrcw7r1no11.gif

Body to head, obviously the leg kick is
iS4KJq5.gif

Not really sure what you're looking for here

so you found 1 fight..a fight that he strated with kicks, nates lead leg was already beat up. he even threw kicks in the damn gif. In fact he didnt even trust his own boxning vs nate 2. He kicked so much both guys legs were fucked up and he vowed to never even do it again.

this proves my point hes a well rounded striker who uses distance and the threat of kicks to set up his PUNCHES not boxing. you were able to fine ONE gif of the double champs pure boxing?

is this the biggest myth in the UFC right now? Conor doesnt really display anything in his mma fights that show he has fantastic boxing. IMHO he has a karate style predicated on timing and counters. We dont see him in the pocket, we dont see him throw nice combinations, we dont see him slip punches or really use good head movement. Show me some gifs of him boxing in mma...dont show me him standing 5 feet away vs eddie, or him bouncing in and out vs aldo. I WANT TO SEE BOXING, In the pocket not kicking range. im sick of people saying hes some great boxer in mma. its simply NOT TURE. I dont want to hear about floyd playing with and carrying him for a few rounds either, that was pathetic and those rabbit punches were embarrassing.

I know that conor fans will dominate this thread and thats cool lol. i just want to say..conor is absolutely one of he deadliest strikers in mma history...its just not done with boxing, its simply not true. not every punch that lands was from a boxing technique

Because if you can win a single round against the greastest boxer in the history of boxing ... you are probably pretty damn good.

Unless let me guess ... you are one of those that thinks risk adverse Maywheather actually let Conor catch him with that uppercut.

Wait so you actually acknowledged that he has good footwork and then you said that footwork has nothing to do with Boxing?

Do you realise that you just made everything that much worse for yourself? Damn. I thought you were just a regular dumb guy but now you make me question if you can really function on your own. I highly doubt you don't have a caretaker.

where did i say footwork has nothng to do with boxing? are you okay? i never said that. i said hes a fantastic mma striker, not so much a boxer

Because if you can win a single round against the greastest boxer in the history of boxing ... you are probably pretty damn good.

Unless let me guess ... you are one of those that thinks risk adverse Maywheather actually let Conor catch him with that uppercut.

nah that was legit but one punche doesn't win a round lol. floyd honestly didnt care about the first few rounds because he knew he was going to finish him whenever he wanted...im not saying he didnt land some punches in a boxing match. of course he did.

so you found 1 fight..a fight that he strated with kicks, nates lead leg was already beat up. he even threw kicks in the damn gif. In fact he didnt even trust his own boxning vs nate 2. He kicked so much both guys legs were fucked up and he vowed to never even do it again.

this proves my point hes a well rounded striker who uses distance and the threat of kicks to set up his PUNCHES not boxing. you were able to fine ONE gif of the double champs pure boxing?

Some typical hater non sense lol. Omg you were only able to find one gif!!!?!?!
upload_2019-7-11_15-12-16.png

Even though it's exactly what you wanted. So are you admitting that you made this thread because you hadn't bashed Conor in a while? Or are you now changing your standards as soon as somebody provides that "ONE GIF" that you wanted so badly

nah that was legit but one punche doesn't win a round lol. floyd honestly didnt care about the first few rounds because he knew he was going to finish him whenever he wanted...im not saying he didnt land some punches in a boxing match. of course he did.

If Conor was truly bad, he wouldn't have won a single round.

He has good boxing from a distance.

He has bad boxing from close range because normally he would use elbows and knees there and Mayweather exploited that in later rounds

please just be real for a sec...how many of floyd fights have you watched? he NEVER EVER EVER fights like that. He never takes full rounds off and plays, he never stalks he never does any of that stuff..

he would sell the fight because hes all about money. He knows people are paying to get a show put on. He said it over and over im going to give you guys a show something you want to see, and then fought literally totally different than anything hes ever done.

why would he do so many things totally different for conor but not canelo, pac man, sugar shane, cotto ect ect.
Floyd always feels his opponents out and gets their timing down

He also fought like you'd expect he would as a 40 year old past prime version of himself, fighting a 29 year old southpaw with power and an unorthodox style.

Everything Floyd did was strategic. He stayed in his shell initially, feeling him out, getting his timing and range down, allowing him to punch himself out and avoided a fire fight while he was at his freshest, had power and was somewhat of a wildcard. All while he sniped the body. Floyd's been one of my fav boxers for a long long time, I've seen almost every single one of his fights. He is literally he last person on earth to allow himself to take punches.

But he's a 40 year old man, Conor has some decent technical boxing ability, he counters well and he has good reflexes, along with some power. His success initially was a combination of both his ability and Floyds age

Later on as Conor began to slow you see Floyd open up, after Floyd dissected his game as well. At some point , Conors holes in defenses at that level became apparent, combined with him slowly running out of energy from both his conditioning and the accumulated body shots and no longer being the same threat as early on. This is where you see Floyd march forward.

To me I saw everything Floyd did in there to be strategic. And exactly how he should fight at his age against an opponent who could potentially have been a bit of a wild card. He played it extremely safe, intelligent, calculated, switched up his strategy on the fly, took him into deep waters and drowned him. Was the worst Floyd we've ever seen, but it was a classic Floyd performance in many ways

All in all, I think people who gave him no credit probably don't know what they watched

If Conor was truly bad, he wouldn't have won a single round.

He has good boxing from a distance.

He has bad boxing from close range because normally he would use elbows and knees there and Mayweather exploited that in later rounds

yeah i see where the issue is..i never said he was bad ever..i just think his boxing sill is vastly over rated on sherdog.. for example people REALLY think he would outbox and stop mas. come on now

WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE CARRY HIM??
Because he is a good businessman. He was making a show for thousands of people who bought tickets and ppv. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know Connie was out of his league with Floyd and his gameplan was clearly to just wait until he gets tired.

But who the fuck ever just lets themselves get punched. I'm sure Floyd knew what he was doing but I doubt anyone just eat punches because of lazyness. and I doubt he expected that big uppercut at the start of the fight.
Nothing about lazy, boxing fans couldn't stand money because he never took too many risk's in the ring, he used Conor to show he could. He out boxed everyone, he slugged with Conor which for 49 fights before he NEVER did, there is a reason for that weather anyone wants to admit or not
I know Connie was out of his league with Floyd and his gameplan was clearly to just wait until he gets tired.

But who the fuck ever just lets themselves get punched. I'm sure Floyd knew what he was doing but I doubt anyone just eat punches because of lazyness. and I doubt he expected that big uppercut at the start of the fight.

Some typical hater non sense lol. Omg you were only able to find one gif!!!?!?!
View attachment 614855

Even though it's exactly what you wanted. So are you admitting that you made this thread because you hadn't bashed Conor in a while? Or are you now changing your standards as soon as somebody provides that "ONE GIF" that you wanted so badly

lmao i did say one gif. well played.. what i should have said was..HE STARTED THAT FIGHT OFF WITH KICKS and his kicks created the opening for the punches, would you disagree?

bashed conor in a while? you cant point to a single point or post or topic i made that bashes conor. I dont do that lol. i just dont think his boxing is all that great. (compared to its reputation of course)

I thought that as many huggers as there are they would be able to provide some gifs..you are the only person who brought anything and it was from the fight conor relied heavily on his kicking.

Nothing about lazy, boxing fans couldn't stand money because he never took too many risk's in the ring, he used Conor to show he could. He out boxed everyone, he slugged with Conor which for 49 fights before he NEVER did, there is a reason for that weather anyone wants to admit or not

all i know is my head is spinning from the semantics war going on

lol it seems that way but lets use masvidal as an example. Mas is a boxer in mma. he uses the skills i mentioned. he fights from the pocket and rolls with punches and uses combinations. hes fans think hes a better boxer than someone like that. its not true

I don't doubt Floyd was supremely confident but I doubt he thought he'd get hit as much as he did. Don't buy that.

then that's a loaded question. I'm out.

its really not lol...compare guys like mas, and peter yhan with guys like conor.

fighting from the pocket vs fightign at distance
using boxing to set up openings vs using kicks and distance to set up openings

i get its subtle difference but one that is important

Most of you guys know nothing about boxing and have no business speaking on it

No offense

Boxing is more than just throwing nice looking punches

Couldn't find a gif of this but ignore the terrible music in the background. Nothing here was set up with kicks at all

scfrcw7r1no11.gif

iS4KJq5.gif

look at

scfrcw7r1no11.gif

iS4KJq5.gif

in the first gif neither one is even close enough to land a punch at first, thats not even boxing range..the nate 2 fight was loaded with kicks to start it..his leg buckled from the damage even in the gif.

i wnt to see rolling with punches, using head movment, countering in the pocket..boxing shit... i never once doubted conor is one of the very best mma strikers ever..anyone who denies that is fooling themselves

I don't think Conor has great boxing. Huggers play that up. But his MMA boxing or punching or whatever you want to call it is good. Just as prime Bj's was but it was not good in terms of pure boxing. But for MMA it was good.

But your last statement really exposes you as the counter to the huggers and being a hater. No Floyd could not have finished COnor in round 1, not without a lot of risk. As Floyd, one of the best defensive boxers of all time does against bigger opponents who have the power to hurt him, you work first to tire the opponent out by letting them punch themselves out, and then in the latter rounds go for the finish. There are numerous videos you can watch of Ali and RJJ and other greats doing the same and making REAL boxers look just as foolish as Conor does in that gif swinging at air.

Conor did very well V Mayweather and that is demonstrated in how long it took before Mayweather finally felt he was in a position to go for that finish. You won't find any of the top boxing pundits suggesting otherwise but I know, I know, the Conor haters know better that the top boxing pundits, if Conor did well in a boxing match.
One of the rare genuinely knowledgeable posts I've seen here about that fight

Back