Why do people support Israel Adesanya?

Only Karens and soyboys support him. (mostly)

Older fans (that are 40-50+) will support Jan and others like him.

Not true as a blanket statement. I am older (close to the big 5 0) and quite conservative in many areas but when it comes to fights, I just want to see the best fighters regardless of politics and personality.

If someone is exciting and highly skilled I will always want them to win so that I can continue to see their skills on display while they are at their peak.

Israel is currently top of the food chain as an MMA fighter imo and I want to see his skillset continue to evolve.

His actual fans are probably edgy teens that fantasize about beating up the Chad that's smashing their crush every Friday night, or casuals who just see a cocky guy that gets hyped and jump on the mainstream hypewagon.

The rest just like to watch him fight because he's damn good, and forget about his personality

He's a good fighter and he's entertaining most of the times, that's about it in my opinion.
I also fail to see what his fans see in him apart form his fighting skills. The guy isn't particularly great with a mic, he doesn't sound very intelligent or wise, he doesn't have a lot of charisma, he comes out as "childish" with his manga shit, he looks a little bit like a "try hard" sometimes (his dance contest with Romero for example), he grows tits out of nowhere. I don't know man... I mean, Ronda Rousey had fans too despite being a shit person so go figure... I think many MMA fans just want to follow the hype, to be part of "something", and Adesanya receives a lot of hype these days. If a new guy comes to the UFC in 2 years and beats the crap out of Izzy, these same fans will jump on the new bandwagon, and all of a sudden we'll start to read, from them, that "Israel was never that good". The same shit repeats over and over again on Sherdog.

Why are you a fan of Whorehay?

Only karens and soyboys cant stand him. I like him cause hes a great fighter, humble, keeps it real and doesnt give a fuck about your feelings on him.
Really. Karens & Soyboys. LOL. That's a fanboi's standard little phrase.
- So implicit in your fawning adoration is that you approve of him fondling a dog's cock? yes? You think that's normal behavior? It is not, it is deviant behavior. He has issues.

Yes, he's a good fighter. But he is deeply weird and deviant, out of the cage.

I am looking forward to all the fights tonight.

Don’t really like the guy but I guess there has to be some price to pay for that level of greatness. God gave him a deplorable personality to balance the books.

There are quite a lot of Adesanya supporters in here and elsewhere which got me wondering what do they see in him? I can’t think of anything positive about him and the way I see it, he is easily the top 5 most cringiest and unbearable fighter in the UFC.

So, help me understand Adesanya supporters, what do you see in him?
He's a great fighter, that's why. As for him being cringe, he does have some good mic moments too so idgaf

He can be cringy, but I like his fighting style, and he's still undefeated. I always root for the undefeateds, because it's so rare in MMA.

He's argueably the best striker we've ever seen in the sport.... What the fuck is wrong with these Adesanya haters...? Is it racial? I don't get how people can hate him. We're literally witnessing an all time great cementing himself in the history books and all these guys can talk about is how Adesanya watches anime.

Great entertaining fighter, one of the best strikers in MMA history. He shows how strikers can make it to the top (have great striking and grappling defense/distance management). Almost like the opposite of Khabib's style. Love watching him fight.

But imo he is a garbage human being. idc about his passions and love towards nerdy stuff like anime/manga/comics because I like that shit to. idc if he is potentially gay or bi as others sometimes mentioned, and his race/culture don't mean a thing to me.
To me Izzy is without a doubt an asshole. He shits on Robert Whittaker for literally no reason at all and says some of the stupidest things on a consistent basis. He doesn't really have any class given what he did to Costa (though i found that funny as Costa likely deserved it). He just tries way too hard to be cool, but he comes off as cringe as fuck.

I also hate how Izzy (along with Usman and Francis) keep trying to have this Nigerian champions across the divisions reign type shit, mostly because these dudes don't want to fight each other. On top of that, Usman and Izzy aren't even that Nigerian, sure they were born there but that's about it. They grew up in USA/NZ. These guys are laughable at their attempts to be nationalistic type fighters.

I'd love it if Jon Jones/Stipe could take out both Francis and Izzy, and someone could take out Usman (maybe Colby or the return of the GOAT Khamzat). That way we don't have these butt buddy fighters across 3 divisions.

So I enjoy Izzy the fighter but can't stand Izzy the person.

Mma fans are fucking weird, why do you care about a fighters personality etc. The only thing I care about is how the fighter perform in the cage, everything else is completely irrelevant for the sport??
I like Israel because he has some amazing performances in the cage and that’s the only thing that should matter.

I'm indifferent to his personality, but he is clearly a special talent who stays active and puts his money where his mouth is. Hes also one of the top reasons to watch the UFC nowadays.

I jumped on the hype train quite early (before he fought Vettori) and I think he wasn't as weird at that time. Now I only watch him fight, he's too annoying most of the time outside the cage.

Same reason people used to support DC

Weak people like to hide behind strong people. They just want to associate themselves with winners and feel some of that glory for themselves because they are losers irl.

Therefore they have to ignore (or even learn to love) all the cringey degenerate garbage associated with izzy because their weak self esteem for some reason can't handle seeing their fighter lose.

Exciting style, charisma, confident. I dig him a lot.

Also, mods deleted my thread but anyone who was around yesterday should understand the deal is still on. I will leave Sherdog if Adesanya loses.

thought this was a good (new) interview with him

He's a good fighter and typically fun to watch but his interviews are cringe af. Him bragging about how he "fucked yoel romero up" after that snoozefest was the final straw for me lol.

He's a great fighter and I don't mind weird.

Adesanya will never try something against the UFC or the fan, he never lied even if he was fooled multiple time.

I hope he can take time to think about his fight against Jan, I just hope he keep his donuts. He is really a good guy.

Back