Why do people support Israel Adesanya?

There are quite a lot of Adesanya supporters in here and elsewhere which got me wondering what do they see in him? I can’t think of anything positive about him and the way I see it, he is easily the top 5 most cringiest and unbearable fighter in the UFC.

So, help me understand Adesanya supporters, what do you see in him?
He's cringy but he's an amazing fighter. I'm not a supporter but respect his talent. I hope Jan knocks his block off but I don't think it will happen.

There are quite a lot of Adesanya supporters in here and elsewhere which got me wondering what do they see in him? I can’t think of anything positive about him and the way I see it, he is easily the top 5 most cringiest and unbearable fighter in the UFC.

He is a very skilled fighter who, for the most part, deliver exciting fights.
He has not been busted for doping.

Why not be a fan?

Because he seems like a decent guy that somehow triggers randos just by breathing.

Crisp striking on high level is always fun to watch regardless of personality.

He steps up a weight division against a champion, that raises the stakes to highest level.

Other than that nothing that i like, but we are all different.

I wish i can see Jan mix in grappling a lot, as striking contest may be a bit boring.

It's literally children and manchildren that comprise his fanbase. I.e. anime fans

iu

Routing for Jan and most of Izzy opponents, but not betting against Izzy, he is talented fighter. The Romero fight I did not care much but Yoel deserved to lose for that lack of effort.

I think as a character, he's a nuisance in my MMA fandom. But I don't have a problem with him being an attention seeking weirdo when he's that good of a fighter.

And his background his amazing, and I identify with it as someone who comes from immigration. But still, he's mostly unbearable everytime I see him talk. Plus what he did to Costa after the fight is a piece of shit move. The fact it doesn't get mentioned by MMA media shows he has the hype machine behind him, and while it's not a problem, it kinda makes his whole character useless.

Edit : And the dude fucking fights. He pretty much fought everybody there is to fight. Instead of waiting fot the division to sort itself out, he moved up. You gotta respect that (even though Jon moving up might have a tiny lil bit to do with that).

He’s a pretty great fighter, ambitious and entertaining. If you are actually a fan of the sport I don’t see why you would have a deep hatred for him like a lot of people do.

Only karens and soyboys cant stand him. I like him cause hes a great fighter, humble, keeps it real and doesnt give a fuck about your feelings on him.

1. Very active
2.Exciting
3. Intelligent
4. Unique personality

I think most of you hating on him are being close minded and not listening to what he’s saying. He’s cocky, but he’s a good dude

Anyone who says cringe or cares about what is "cringe" is either 13 or has the brain of a 13 year old.
All of this. And his persona is fun IMO. When he's chill, I find to be one of the realest fighters. He tells it like he sees it, fuck how you feel.

I don't like his personality per se but that dude is a true warrior with 100 fights. That alone gets my respect.

Well, he’s good at UFC and stuff, you know

I watched his debut and he looked spectacular, and I've been a fan since. Yeah he's cringey at times, others he's somewhat witty. I usually don't dislike a fighter unless they've shown to be absolute pricks outside of the cage, like Conor, Jones, and Yan. It also takes a lot for me to turn on a fighter once I become a fan of theirs.

He's a good fighter. He could be great.

He’s terrible on the mic but he’s a great fighter. Some people don’t pay attention to anything outside of the fight

Im a fan of good fighters...

Izzy is a good fighter....

. therefore im a fan of his....

Everything else is secondary ...i dont care about personas ...just skills...if i want characters ill watch pro wrestling

He's a great fighter with an exciting style. While he can be cringey outside of the cage, he doesn't come across to me as an asshole, just awkward. Why not support him?

Back