Why do people support Israel Adesanya?

I don't like how he's acts like a sophomoric high school girl . He still thinks Rob was being mean to him or something. His explanation? "You know the vibes"

I understand it as a competitor, they always look for chips on their shoulders. But Rob man? Leave rob alone lol.
Bobby knucks is a wonderful person

Nah

I think a dude that pops for PEDs multiple times and gets arrssted for multiple DUIs is 'cringey'

Last edited:
People who like seeing dogs being touched inappropriately I guess

He's not humble. I really don't care though because he's an active champion and that's great.

He is actually one of the most humble fighters ive seen. In his kickboxing career he would go to his defeated foe's corner to shake their hand and offer words of encouragement. Costa was a different matter, izzy said he reminded him of his bullies in school talking all that shit about his appearance so he had it coming but if you watch the end izzy shakes his hand and appears to console him.

You can be a fan of someone as a fighter but not the person. I don’t care for MMA people in general, I listen to and read very few interviews because they usually don’t have anything interesting to say. I can’t even remember what Adesanya sounds and talks like, but from what I have seen and read he is quite cringe and his antics against Costa were a sad thing to watch.

He is usually fun to watch in the cage but based on his personality I will be rooting heavily against him against Jan.

I understand each fighter can’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but imagine thinking there’s not a single reason for anyone else to like one of the very best in the sport.

His level of activity and willingness to take on the biggest challenges deserves a little appreciation at the very least. Those are the exact things the fans are always complaining that fighters don’t do.

Only Karens and soyboys support him. (mostly)

Older fans (that are 40-50+) will support Jan and others like him.

I may be too conservative but seeing Izzy fondle that dog was not something i'd like to see in MMA.

That depends whay are you following MMA in general. Average just bleed guy wants to see violence, and Adesanya delivers. Someone who wants to see athletes competing, will see this, but also this horrible humiliation he did to Costa, for which I lost respect to him. Then again, if you want to see skill and mastery, Adesanya with his striking is showing just that.

I personally like to see him fighting. his striking is a thing of beauty, but I dislike him for what he did to Costa after the fight. You just dont do that to a man you beaten up. That's straight up f**ked up shit. i am surpised he didnt get fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

I dont support Adesanya just because of that.

You could ask that about a lot of fighters

I'll be honest. I hardly ever listen to interviews with fighters or read their tweets or other social media. The only inkling I get about a fighter's personality is from Sherdog threads. But even then, I just skim through it, and don't pay much attention to their personal life, or their charisma, or lack thereof.

I'd say my interest in a fighter is 98% based on what they do in the cage. The 2% is reserved for them doing something other than fighting that's extraordinarily bad, or even good, that manages to catch my attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back