Why do people hate on women's division?

Apparently many insecure teenage boys and smaller weak dudes feel themselves subconscious threatened by women that knows how to fight! Being a tall muscular guy myself that knows how to handle women, in all aspects I dare say, I very much enjoy watching WMMA; great action and skilled feminine fighters is always fun to watch...

It's because they are Republicans.

They hate any situation where women can get equal pay or equal respect.

Primarily he said "W115 being better is a myth because people prefer strikers to grapplers". W115's first (UFC) champion was a wrestler with minimal striking. His comment was dumb as fuck and didn't need normally respected posters like you co-signing it. That was my issue with what he said and with you posting "fight the good fight, you're right." He isn't.

His only defense since has been "lazy sheep, lazy sheep". I don't need to explain to you how stupid he's come across.

Big Muffler = Big Dummy.

I agree with him in disagreeing with the conventional wisdom of 115 being a more talented division. I also agree that it could be caused by a bias in favor of strikers over grapplers, because I feel like I have encountered a bias toward the better strikers at strawweight several times now. Some guy is ranting about Joanna's beautiful striking vs Ronda's amateur grappling just now in another thread actually.

There may be plenty of other reasons people think 115 is better. Perhaps the division is newer and not dominated by one fighter and thus seems like it has more potential.

But for all your talk about BigMuffler not having an argument, he has made an argument, though you disagree with it. Your argument in two comments to me thus far is:
1. that I ought to know better and
2. that he is a dummy.

If you are trying to persuade me, then give me something to work with.

I agree with him in disagreeing with the conventional wisdom of 115 being a more talented division. I also agree that it could be caused by a bias in favor of strikers over grapplers, because I feel like I have encountered a bias toward the better strikers at strawweight several times now. Some guy is ranting about Joanna's beautiful striking vs Ronda's amateur grappling just now in another thread actually.

There may be plenty of other reasons people think 115 is better. Perhaps the division is newer and not dominated by one fighter and thus seems like it has more potential.

But for all your talk about BigMuffler not having an argument, he has made an argument, though you disagree with it. Your argument in two comments to me thus far is:
2. that he is a dummy.

I explained my full stance in a later post in this thread.

There is more 'pretty technical striking' at 115 and the fighters are faster and more agile due to being smaller which people equate fallaciously with skill, plus they are on average younger and considered more attractive.

Those are the sources of bias towards the SW division, along with Ronda hate/Anderson Silva effect. I left out some of them in the initial post because the myth is so tired and has been addressed so many times I can't be bothered to take anyone who still buys into them seriously. They just don't want to stop being biased apparently.

Aside from Ronda, none of them have skills. They can take a beating though. But that just comes down to spouse abuse over the years.

Moronic white knights like this one are part of the problem.

Then there are the "more alpha than thou" posters who will tell you its because most sherdoggers do it because they are sexually frustrated that they never get laid lol

same reason why i don't watch WNBA...and WNBA is more established than WMMA.

All men's MMA was weak in the beginning because there was no point in learning all the skills.

This truly makes no sense.

People don't like women's MMA for a few main reasons:

1. Women are vastly inferior athletes to men. Yes, the best women in the world are better than the average man and Ronda Rousey can kick my ass but if you put the high school boys all american basketball team up against the WNBA all star team the young boys would destroy the women.

2. The talent pool of women is way smaller than men in MMA. I wouldn't be surprised if 20 times more men practice and compete in MMA than women.

Ronda and JJ are two of my top 3 favorite fighters in MMA period, but after that there is a huge dropoff in talent and most women fighters just look very awkward and unskilled; kind of like watching men do MMA in 1995.

Because MMA fans are some of the most insecure guys in the world (judging by comments made on MMA forums).

The women kick ass and are fun to watch. Some just can't appreciate that and instead buy/DVR the fight for spank material later.

2. that he is a dummy.

1) When asked how Claudia Gadelha is "as big as Miesha Tate" his repeated response was "it's common knowledge, lazy sheep."

2) When confronted over his condescending blanket statement that people only prefer W115 to W135 because "Shertards prefer strikers to grapplers", I bring up that there are plenty of grapplers at W115, including it's first champion. I've yet to hear that argument debunked but I have been called a "lazy sheep" several times.

He's full of shit. And you've been sucked into defending someone who relies on blanket comments and remarks of "it's common knowledge!!!!" I genuinely thought you were better than that.

1) When asked how Claudia Gadelha is "as big as Miesha Tate" his repeated response was "it's common knowledge, lazy sheep."

2) When confronted over his condescending blanket statement that people only prefer W115 to W135 because "Shertards prefer strikers to grapplers", I bring up that there are plenty of grapplers at W115, including it's first champion. I've yet to hear that argument debunked but I have been called a "lazy sheep" several times.

He's full of shit. And you've been sucked into defending someone who relies on blanket comments and remarks of "it's common knowledge!!!!" I genuinely thought you were better than that.

Why don't you just Google it and see if it's readily available information? Or better yet, why doesn't anyone reading this argument just Google it if they're not lazy sheep? :redface:

I genuinely thought you were better than that.

You sound like my mother-in-law trying to lay out a guilt trip.

Should I apologize for disappointing you with my opinion that 115 is not a significantly more talented division than 135?

You sound like my mother-in-law trying to lay out a guilt trip.

Should I apologize for disappointing you with my opinion that 115 is not a significantly more talented division than 135?

Good retort. I'll know better next time than to give you the benefit of the doubt.

In the meantime I will refer to you in the third person like I am to BigRetard.

Because MMA fans are some of the most insecure guys in the world (judging by comments made on MMA forums).

The women kick ass and are fun to watch. Some just can't appreciate that and instead buy/DVR the fight for spank material later.

a lot of MMA fans don't like to watch men's bantamweight/flyweight/manletweight. Does that mean those fans are insecured?

What about basketball fans who don't want to watch WNBA?

Why don't you just Google it and see if it's readily available information? Or better yet, why doesn't anyone reading this argument just Google it if they're not lazy sheep? :redface:

I think he is afraid to find out that you are right. There have been several threads on Sherdog about her weight cuts as well.

Good retort. I'll know better next time than to give you the benefit of the doubt.

In the meantime I will refer to you in the third person like I am to BigRetard.

break-up.gif

I think he is afraid to find out that you are right. There have been several threads on Sherdog about her weight cuts as well.

He's not right. Gadelha has an adam's apple, a voice as deep as mine, and an incredible 8-pack. You won't find a post of mine supporting her.

But what BigIdiot is arguing is nonsense. I like Rousey and I like WMMA. And I don't prefer W115 simply because I'm a "Shertard who only appreciates striking." I prefer it because there are fewer bums in the top ten.

Notice that Mr.Hammer has not addressed me directly for quite a while now and purposely ignored this.

There is more 'pretty technical striking' at 115 and the fighters are faster and more agile due to being smaller which people equate fallaciously with skill, plus they are on average younger and considered more attractive.

Those are the sources of bias towards the SW division, along with Ronda hate/Anderson Silva effect. I left out some of them in the initial post because the myth is so tired and has been addressed so many times I can't be bothered to take anyone who still buys into them seriously. They just don't want to stop being biased apparently.

As for 'bums' in the top 10 who is a bum besides the overranked Bethe, and how do we even know who in the top 10 at SW will prove to be a 'bum' considering how untested most of them are?

a lot of MMA fans don't like to watch men's bantamweight/flyweight/manletweight. Does that mean those fans are insecured?

What about basketball fans who don't want to watch WNBA?

The question wasn't "why don't a lot of MMA fans like to watch the women's division" it asked why they hate on it. The haters are insecure; yes, I'll stand by that for haters of the lighter weight classes as well and haters of WNBA.

Haters in general are insecure.

Back