Why do people hate on women's division?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I notice a lot of people hate on the women's division because of the talent but they ignore the evolution of the men's division. All men's MMA was weak in the beginning because there was no point in learning all the skills. Even if you loved it you would need the money to make a living off it. That's why Gracie owned everyone who had no experience. Ten years later you see men who learned a bit of every art and then you have well established divisions.

It's the same thing for women. Women were seen as weak so they never had an avenue to fight and make a living. Now they finally do and are in the early stages of growing as mixed martial artists but a lot of people fail to realize the fact that they aren't competitive fights because of the early life of the division. Just like Gracie, a one dimensional fighter was able to dominate. At this point for women their are the naturally gifted (Cyborg and Ronda) versus the not so naturally gifted that work hard. It proves the point because the top 6 women can lose or be very close with a random fighter but men are relatively consistent with their skills.

Same reason I don't like watching minivans race.

I dont think people really "hate" on wmma, they just kinda poke fun at it.

Sure there are a handful of talented women fighters, but the level of competition is very low, and the talent is scarce and scattered.

My last point being... dude its wmma lol

Chicks can't fight. Period. I just don't watch it.

The don't like the idea of a woman being able to beat them up.

i don't agree that men's mma had to evolve the same. the original UFC's, vale tudo tournaments, bareknuckle fighting....shit was as exciting back then as ever.

Regardless of circumstance I will never feel comfortable watching women get busted up, KTFO, etc., even if they are part guy.

The reason you see hate now is because Ronda is basically the biggest star MMA has had. Back in the SF days, people didn't bitch about WMMA, now it's the suddenly the worst thing ever.

I agree, to an extent. The division definitely needs time to iron out the wrinkles. However, that doesn't really explain why 115 seems to be stacked with talent while its 135 counterpart is....lacking.

Its just the small click of people now that does not like WMMA. Sherdog is just old school mma fans.

Patriarchy, Obama and the Taliban.

The reason you see hate now is because Ronda is basically the biggest star MMA has had. Back in the SF days, people didn't bitch about WMMA, now it's the suddenly the worst thing ever.

it's incredibly disappointing that the biggest star in the sport at the moment is ronda fucking rousey.

I agree, to an extent. The division definitely needs time to iron out the wrinkles. However, that doesn't really explain why 115 seems to be stacked with talent while its 135 counterpart is....lacking.

That's a myth that Sherdog has internalized because they find the 115ers hotter and prefer striking over grappling.

They don't want to see subpar competitors on their cards all the time.

I love some of the stars. Namajunas. Rousey. Joanna. PVZ. etc but I'd be lying if i said there weren't dragged out boring low-tier fights that happen regularly on events that trigger a beer-run

That's a myth that Sherdog has internalized because they find the 115ers hotter and prefer striking over grappling.

Esparza became champ at 115 with JV level striking and just a great wrestling game with no subs lol

There is a difference between "hating" and criticizing, or just not being a fan of wmma.

It's not for everyone. WMMA, we've WELL established at this point, is about where men's MMA was 10 years ago. It will take time for the quality to improve.

W115 is good but W135 is garbage. Miesha Tate and her hideous boxing are number 2 in the division.

They don't want to see subpar competitors on their cards all the time.

I love some of the stars. Namajunas. Rousey. Joanna. PVZ. etc but I'd be lying if i said there weren't dragged out boring low-tier fights that happen regularly on events that trigger a beer-run

Like some of the HW man? Todd duffee Striking with Frank mir is just.....

Like some of the HW man? Todd duffee Striking with Frank mir is just.....

There's a lot of low tier male mma fights that make me go on beerruns too.

Mir duffee wasn't one though. That was fun. Even though sloppy. I don't mind a WMMA fight thats fun even if it's some girls I don't necessarily know.

Back