Why do people hate on women's division?

I don't have a problem with WMMA. It's not as entertaining as the men's divisions, but it's still a fight.

I think most of the hate comes from how much they try to force Ronda down everyone's throats.

This right here. I don't mind wmma or Ronda in general. But all the fawning over her, her abilities, how she can beat male fighters, how stacked her division is... It makes me feel like I'm the only one not in on this massive joke, or a "emperor has no clothes" type of scenario.

If both the people who like and the people who dislike womens MMA in the UFC could calm down a bit, I think Sherdog would be a nicer place :)

Personally, I think it would be nice if they held lots of invicta cards or something, so more women got fight experience... develop some talent. In 135 division right now I'm only interested to watch if Ronda is fighting pretty much.
115 is a bit better and JJ is cool.

There are bound to be some negative comments about the fights in the UFC because of the lack of depth. We get some really low level stuff regularly.
If they held more cards with only women and had less women fights in the UFC, it could help reduce negativity while also developing talent.

One day they could hold a women only card headlined by Ronda Rousey. When they have the talent, people would automatically see good female fights before the main event.

I think people should accept that WMMA is not for anyone as well. People don't get yelled at for not watching other women sports, like soccer.
Because of this, there is not a lot of people hating on female soccer players. Then the ones who do like female soccer games doesn't have to defend it.

You can not like it. I'm mainly refering to those who always post about how they hate the women, how they suck like they're the worst thing ever & how they should be removed from the UFC. Always making it sound like they're forced to watch...

Fair argument. Doesn't really disclaim those of us who appreciate the talent of W115 vs the lack of talent in W135. BigMuffler might be on to something, maybe it's just because we like striking more than grappling. Lol.

Because we would rather watch superior male athletes perform at the highest levels. If you had free tickets to see a local high school boys basketball team play and free tickets to see LeBron James play. Which would you choose.

I always listen to big muffler

very knowledgeable person

Some Sherdoggers have a subconscious desire to be dominated by large, muscley men and can't get into a fight if they don't quiver with beta fear at the participants. That's why you get some hate on women and smaller weights, they just can't please that demo.

Wwwwwwrrrrrrroooooonnnnnnngggggg!!!!!!

Lol.

You realize you're making a fool out of yourself since it is common knowledge among... er, knowledgeable people... that Gadelha walks around at over 140 lbs and your argument is 'no it's not common knowledge!'

That's a myth that Sherdog has internalized because they find the 115ers hotter and prefer striking over grappling.

Fight the good fight. You are right about this one. 135 also suffers from the Silva effect. When everyone in the top five has been made to look silly by a dominant champ, the reputation of the entire division suffers.

You realize you're making a fool out of yourself since it is common knowledge among... er, knowledgeable people... that Gadelha walks around at over 140 lbs and your argument is 'no it's not common knowledge!'

Exactly. She's a huge SW.

I'm a fan of striking & grappling equally. If I had to pick one though i'd pick grappling.

That's a myth that Sherdog has internalized because they find the 115ers hotter and prefer striking over grappling.

While I agree with the first half, in my opinion, 115 is better all around. Claudia G. is super exciting to watch. Jessica Penne isn't exactly a striking wiz. Did you see Waterson's debut? That chick is bad ass. I get that 135 is under a bit of a spell right now, but I'm way more excited for SW than I would be for WBW, even if the was no Ronda.

Lack of talent and skill, mediocre excuses for fighters for the most part. Watching most fights is painfully obvious these are barely amateurs.

Massive hype job pure BS marketing from the ufc.

While I agree with the first half, in my opinion, 115 is better all around. Claudia G. is super exciting to watch. Jessica Penne isn't exactly a striking wiz. Did you see Waterson's debut? That chick is bad ass. I'm way more excited for that division than I would be for WBW, even if the was no Ronda.

Well they are faster and more agile due to being lighter and preferring it for that reason or others is fine, but people claiming they're objectively more 'skilled' are usually being disingenuous since they're counting the greater speed/agility which are physical attributes as skill or just 'OMG striking striking striking'.

there is just lot of Ronda haters out there and hate everything she stands for and she is the face of wmma, would people like wmma better if Gina is the UFC champ ?

Well they are faster and more agile due to being lighter and preferring it for that reason or others is fine, but people claiming they're objectively more 'skilled' are usually being disingenuous since they're counting the greater speed/agility which are physical attributes as skill or just 'OMG striking striking striking'.

True. I'd be lying if I said aesthetics weren't a part of it.

there is just lot of Ronda haters out there and hate everything she stands for and she is the face of wmma, would people like wmma better if Gina is the UFC champ ?

they probably would lol just because Gina is very non-aggressive and not very confident in her interviews outside the cage, so they wouldn't feel as threatened

Back