Why do people hate on women's division?

You realize you're making a fool out of yourself since it is common knowledge among... er, knowledgeable people... that Gadelha walks around at over 140 lbs and your argument is 'no it's not common knowledge!'

What's common knowledge is that you're talking out of your ass and can't prove the nonsense you're posting.

Fight the good fight. You are right about this one. 135 also suffers from the Silva effect. When everyone in the top five has been made to look silly by a dominant champ, the reputation of the entire division suffers.

You are smarter than this. People don't like W115 and not W135 just because they prefer striking. Please don't perpetuate his stupid, baseless nonsense that he can only defend with "bbbbbut it's common knowledge!".

What's common knowledge is that you're talking out of your ass and can't prove the nonsense you're posting.

It's not my fault you're too lazy to research something you could find the info on in seconds. You're too stupid to humor, but feel free to keep looking like a fool.

Because a women should be a domestic goddess.

2chqc2b.gif

Why do people have on women's basketball?
Women's baseball?
Women's soccer?
Women's football?

Everything except women's tennis (and who watches that really)

Rousey's awesome. But the rest of her division is not.

Joanna J is awesome. So is much of the rest of her division. Some grapplers, some strikers. W115 as a whole has better fighters.

Big Muffler is a Big Buffoon. He tried making a blanket statement, unfortunately he wet that blanket.

You are smarter than this. People don't like W115 and not W135 just because they prefer striking. Please don't perpetuate his stupid, baseless nonsense that he can only defend with "bbbbbut it's common knowledge!".

I do not agree that there is a significant talent advantage at 115 compared to 135. Joanna and Gadelha seem like great fighters, but none of the girls from TUF have been all that impressive, with the exception of Randa, and Van Zant is ranked in the top ten.

They're intimidated by these fearsome female warriors obviously.

Why do people have on women's basketball?
Women's baseball?
Women's soccer?
Women's football?

Everything except women's tennis (and who watches that really)

women's soccer is pretty big right now bra

female world cup final was the most viewed event of any soccer game in the usa, male or female

blowing up

ap_womens_world_cup_usa_tl_150706_16x9_992.jpg

I do not agree that there is a significant talent advantage at 115 compared to 135. Joanna and Gadelha seem like great fighters, but none of the girls from TUF have been all that impressive, with the exception of Randa, and Van Zant is ranked in the top ten.

But you do agree that I only prefer W115 because I only like strikers? Since there are no grapplers at W115... pay attention to the arguments (and the moron posters) you are defending.

But you do agree that I only prefer W115 because I only like strikers? Since there are no grapplers at W115... pay attention to the arguments (and the moron posters) you are defending.

There is more 'pretty technical striking' at 115 and the fighters are faster and more agile due to being smaller which people equate fallaciously with skill, plus they are on average younger and considered more attractive.

Those are the sources of bias towards the SW division, along with Ronda hate/Anderson Silva effect. I left out some of them in the initial post because the myth is so tired and has been addressed so many times I can't be bothered to take anyone who still buys into them seriously. They just don't want to stop being biased apparently.

But you do agree that I only prefer W115 because I only like strikers? Since there are no grapplers at W115... pay attention to the arguments you are defending.

He also proffered other theories, such as 115ers are hotter. Why should I care which division you prefer and why? It's enough that you like them. But a striking bias does seem to come into play in the comments of many fans who compare 135 to 115, so as a generalization I have few qualms about defending it.

But when comparing the two divisions I do not see 115 as stronger. Sure, it is less settled and contenders can come out of nowhere and that's exciting, but Esparza is a less talented fighter imo than anyone in the top five at 135, and she was recently champ.

He also proffered other theories, such as 115ers are hotter. Why should I care which division you prefer and why? It's enough that you like them. But a striking bias does seem to come into play in the comments of many fans who compare 135 to 115, so as a generalization I have few qualms about defending it.

But when comparing the two divisions I do not see 115 as stronger. Sure, it is less settled and contenders can come out of nowhere and that's exciting, but Esparza is a less talented fighter imo than anyone in the top five at 135, and she was recently champ.

Primarily he said "W115 being better is a myth because people prefer strikers to grapplers". W115's first (UFC) champion was a wrestler with minimal striking. His comment was dumb as fuck and didn't need normally respected posters like you co-signing it. That was my issue with what he said and with you posting "fight the good fight, you're right." He isn't.

His only defense since has been "lazy sheep, lazy sheep". I don't need to explain to you how stupid he's come across.

Big Muffler = Big Dummy.

Primarily he said "W115 being better is a myth because people prefer strikers to grapplers". W115's first (UFC) champion was a wrestler with minimal striking. His comment was dumb as fuck and didn't need normally respected posters like you co-signing it. That was my issue with what he said and with you posting "fight the good fight, you're right." He wasn't.

His only defense since has been "lazy sheep, lazy sheep". I don't need to explain to you how stupid he's come across.

Big Muffler = Big Dummy.

If you don't even have such common knowledge as that about Gadelha's weight cut you're not even qualified to debate this subject.

It's pretty simple.

1. A lot of fat basement dwelling macho sexist fans who can't accept the fact that you have bad ass women out there capable of fighting at an elite level.

2. The level of talent is very low, I agree. But it's no different to the level of talent in the early years of the UFC. It's a fucking evolving sport, you have young girls who are looking up to Ronda and telling themselves I can do that too, and before you know it, we will have a crazy 22 year old undefeated prospect who has been training MMA since she is 8 years old and everyone will be ride her hype train.

I respect the girls I just don't like the lack of depth. Ronda won't face any adversity like every male champion has no matter how dominant. not her fault just wmma is young and does not attract the best female athletes.

Back