Why did GSP tap so fast against Matt Hughes?

Because GSP knew Hughes would break his arm without a second thought once locked in. Hughes curated his aura of meanness and don't give a f$ck very carefully.
This! Most sane fighters hesitate to break limbs and try to force a tap instead. That is why we don't see more gruesome subs. Few people can do that to another human without hesitation. Matt can.

GSP, Fedor, Anderson and Usman all tapped. Jones and Khabib might have won fights they shouldn't have... DJ just got sent to the moon. Cormier has been knocked out and cried. Ngannou and Stipe lost in lackluster performance. Nunes lost to Cat... Is there a top 10 legend a 2021 gimmick Account can't shit on??? Not like this is a fight and anything can happen on any given night...
Khabib undefeated and undisputed

Attachments

• KhabibBuffet.png
    KhabibBuffet.png
    607.1 KB · Views: 5
No shame in tapping but u gotta admire those who refuse to tap( yes its stupid)

He's not mentally tough in the sense of a Tony Ferguson or Diaz. He is extremely disciplined, very intelligent, very hard throw off tho in return.

Your arm doesnt snap unless hughes puts it under his belly

By that logic, nobody should ever tap to an armbar before the arm gets "put under the belly", but that's extremely obviously not how it works. You have never grappled, you shouldn't make that kind of statement.

By that logic, nobody should ever tap to an armbar before the arm gets "put under the belly", but that's extremely obviously not what happens. You have never grappled, you shouldn't make that kind of statement.
It hurts thats why they tap and something can probably break but no one taps after 1 second like gsp

I’d say he was a smart fighter but I don’t know if I’d characterize him as mentally tough.
Well.

It took alot to recover from the head kick by Condit and to get back the next 2 rounds after badly broken nose in the first round against BJ

@rodkek, I think I cannot reply to you as your reply to me had no text, but I did get a legit LOL out of it. You got me, haha.

maxresdefault.jpg

Some people have not had an armbar put on them lol

The pain is instantaneous. Usually those resisting are able to move to relieve the pressure,but GSP felt the pain and knew he wasnt going to be able to get out of it.

Last edited:
Because GSP knew Hughes would break his arm without a second thought once locked in. Hughes curated his aura of meanness and don't give a f$ck very carefully.

Hughes trained very hard to curate that aura. Judging by his results, he was clearly on the right track.

Back