Why did GSP tap so fast against Matt Hughes?

Why would you ask people who arent GSP this?

The sherdogger fears staying in the armbar longer than 2 seconds

Attachments

• toner.jpg
    toner.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 6
truth is, Tony Ferguson's arm is probably never going to be the same

GSP wasn't ready for that fight. He still saw Hughes as his idol and the tap was an immediate reaction, almost as if he expected to get caught. Similar to when Zingano lost to Rousey, he tapped without even trying to escape.

It looked like he tapped when Hughes grabbed his arm and didn't even have it locked in place, there was also 1 second left and he didn't even hold out a few seconds. Was GSP a heartlet? He always seemed like a mentally tough guy to me

He didn't want his arm to snap. That was 100% straight

Your arm doesnt snap unless hughes puts it under his belly

Usually the arm does not break, but it is surprisingly simple do serious damage, quickly. The armbar attacks the elbow joint, when damage is done it usually happens by hyperextending the joint, then tearing it. This can happen quickly and can take months to rehabilitate.

It looked like he tapped when Hughes grabbed his arm and didn't even have it locked in place, there was also 1 second left and he didn't even hold out a few seconds. Was GSP a heartlet? He always seemed like a mentally tough guy to me

GSP has talked about this. Going into the fight he put Matt Hughes on a pedestal and thought of his as the GOAT.

He said something to the effect of his two biggest lessons were: Never underestimate your opponent (Matt Serra) and Never over estimate your opponent (first Matt Hughes fight).

Why do so many people want GSP to suffer brain damage from Serra and a broken arm from Hughes?

He’s always stated he doesn’t want to take unnecessary damage in his career.

He’s not Mike Perry or even Robbie Lawler. He doesn’t want to impress idiots.

Wish I could set my preferences up to automatically put 2021 accounts on ignore by default
GSP, Fedor, Anderson and Usman all tapped. Jones and Khabib might have won fights they shouldn't have... DJ just got sent to the moon. Cormier has been knocked out and cried. Ngannou and Stipe lost in lackluster performance. Nunes lost to Cat... Is there a top 10 legend a 2021 gimmick Account can't shit on??? Not like this is a fight and anything can happen on any given night...

Back