Why can't Schevhenko ever hurt anyone with her hands?

it's almost like it's rare for girls to have power huh?

I know most folks slept through the Carmouche fight, and I don't blame anyone who did since it sucked ass, but this happened.

her hands are too small and soft, just like jones
the guy only has one knockdown via punch in his UFC run

She's very bouncy on her feet, makes it very hard to sit down on your punches and generate power. She kinda reminds me of Pacquiao but he was an anomaly in that he could still drop people without setting his feet and from awkward angles

Pacman absolutely plants his feet on shots, he just makes the initial shots as a cover for his movement..the first shots Pacquiao throws are almost never suppose to land, he blitzs first so he can get you to react or cover up then he pivots or steps off to one side and plants then lets go with a powerful combo...you dont develop calf muscles like pacman has unless you want to throw power shots lol..

Shev would rather be the one in control of the fight and moving freely so shes not a static target for takedowns...i guarentee if she started planting her feet and throwing her hardest she would lose to the first wrestler/grappler type fighter she faces..as planting your feet allows for more power but it also opens you up for double legs and singles...shes most effective at being technically more sound then her opponents and out witting them with her range.. Shes never out of position which means she can always be ready to answer back or defend takedowns...plus shes strong for the weight class..

Given the right opponent , agressive striker type..im sure well see her throw down harder and get a tko or ko finish..most top level WMMA though currently seem to come or strive from grappling back grounds

That's because Val tended to cheat. Those were non-pro fights and she wasn't allowed to sweep/throw but did it consistently including to Joanna. It took years but eventually a group of officials finally got fed up with her and kicked her out of the weight class. They should have banned her entirely. Joanna has a more detailed account of it in her book which hopefully she will publish in English if she wins the belt. Needless to say if people think Joanna, Maycee or anybody else in WMMA in the UFC is cringe when they lose ... it does not compare to Val. It was worse than when that one time Khabib lost in a competition and seemed to have a meltdown.
Nice post, Joanna

That's because Val tended to cheat. Those were non-pro fights and she wasn't allowed to sweep/throw but did it consistently including to Joanna. It took years but eventually a group of officials finally got fed up with her and kicked her out of the weight class. They should have banned her entirely. Joanna has a more detailed account of it in her book which hopefully she will publish in English if she wins the belt. Needless to say if people think Joanna, Maycee or anybody else in WMMA in the UFC is cringe when they lose ... it does not compare to Val. It was worse than when that one time Khabib lost in a competition and seemed to have a meltdown.

Were you born stupid or do you just like being wrong?
Official IFMA rules, you know, the ones under which Joanna and Valentina competed
http://www.ifmamuaythai.org/technical-reference/muaythai-rules/18-fouls/

Sweeps are perfectly legal. Throws are legal as well as long as there's no bending or lifting motion. It's standard Muay Thai rules. You'd know this if you actually watched IFMA competitions.

Not sure how you can support someone with as sh*tty of a character as Joanna. Valentina is pretty cringe for sure, but nowhere near as bad as Joanna was with the runup to the Rose fight. You'd think she'd learn to be humble after getting KO'd by the person whose mental disorders she made fun of, but nope, she's gonna need another KO from Zang to make the lesson stick.
Because I read all of the media and comments coming into that and knew a setup when I saw one. The media echoed what Joanna said to Rose. What did she really say? That Rose wasn't mentally prepared to be a champion like she was. Was she? How confident was Rose to take 13 months to face Andrade. Not very and we saw why. Anyone who follows Rose knew her strengths and weaknesses. She lost to anyone putting pressure on her and beat the shit out of people letting her play in her own space/pace.

Joanna was right and said anything special. What Rose did was bring up her family. Why then? Why did they wait. Watch her and Pat's JRE episode for that answer. I'll save you an hour or two watching that. They planned the runup with Joanna specifically to not only beat her in the cage but finish her career outside of it as well. They didn't go into a lot of details but brought up one which was ghosting Joanna after calling her out. This allowed the perception to emerge that Joanna was bullying her when it was again pre-planned.

You think Rose is so perfect? She was horrible on TUF and apologized privately for her behaviour. Joanna apologized publicly to specific opponents even in the cage both Claudia and Valerie.

Claudia had many of her bad interactions on TUF with Joanna cut cause it made her look bad. Pretty standard practice with reality TV.

To me this isn't reality TV. I get it. You need a good guy/girl and bad guy/girl and that sells best. You see many girls lining up to be bad bitches? No. Why? Look how it worked out for Maycee. Every badass in the UFC is one loss from being shat on and called everything under the sun.

Is normal.

Were you born stupid or do you just like being wrong?
Official IFMA rules, you know, the ones under which Joanna and Valentina competed
http://www.ifmamuaythai.org/technical-reference/muaythai-rules/18-fouls/

Sweeps are perfectly legal. Throws are legal as well as long as there's no bending or lifting motion. It's standard Muay Thai rules. You'd know this if you actually watched IFMA competitions.
You're being a dick which is not a surprise considering the company you keep.

Based on what you posted it suggests some of the translation was haphazard which is not shocking considering it was posted here.

I'll leave this be until Joanna releases her book in English so there's no confusion.

EDIT: You guys really bring out the worst in me.

Last edited:
She isn't just strong, she is technically superior against everyone in WMMA. She bullied Holm in the clinch as well. Her dominance is a lot more about her being more skilled and more well rounded in martial arts than her opponents, than being stronger.
These things aren't mutually exclusive. Both can be, and are, true.

Because I read all of the media and comments coming into that and knew a setup when I saw one. The media echoed what Joanna said to Rose. What did she really say? That Rose wasn't mentally prepared to be a champion like she was. Was she? How confident was Rose to take 13 months to face Andrade. Not very and we saw why. Anyone who follows Rose knew her strengths and weaknesses. She lost to anyone putting pressure on her and beat the shit out of people letting her play in her own space/pace.

Joanna was right and said anything special. What Rose did was bring up her family. Why then? Why did they wait. Watch her and Pat's JRE episode for that answer. I'll save you an hour or two watching that. They planned the runup with Joanna specifically to not only beat her in the cage but finish her career outside of it as well. They didn't go into a lot of details but brought up one which was ghosting Joanna after calling her out. This allowed the perception to emerge that Joanna was bullying her when it was again pre-planned.

You think Rose is so perfect? She was horrible on TUF and apologized privately for her behaviour. Joanna apologized publicly to specific opponents even in the cage both Claudia and Valerie.

Claudia had many of her bad interactions on TUF with Joanna cut cause it made her look bad. Pretty standard practice with reality TV.

To me this isn't reality TV. I get it. You need a good guy/girl and bad guy/girl and that sells best. You see many girls lining up to be bad bitches? No. Why? Look how it worked out for Maycee. Every badass in the UFC is one loss from being shat on and called everything under the sun.

Is normal.

You seem very personally invested in Joanna for some reason...I can tell because of how much you left out of your narrative in regards to what happened during the lead-up to that fight. I'm not going to go over every detail, but suffice to say that Joanna was acting like a literal b*tch in every regard to Rose. It speaks volumes about Joanna's character that after that does of humble pie, she is still saying innapropriate things about her new opponent. It also says volumes that she was insecure enough about herself to get implants.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for Zhang to give Joanna another much needed serving of humble pie. Maybe Joanna will finally learn to be humble after Zhang TKOs her? We'll see.

You seem very personally invested in Joanna for some reason...I can tell because of how much you left out of your narrative in regards to what happened during the lead-up to that fight. I'm not going to go over every detail, but suffice to say that Joanna was acting like a literal b*tch in every regard to Rose. It speaks volumes about Joanna's character that after that does of humble pie, she is still saying innapropriate things about her new opponent. It also says volumes that she was insecure enough about herself to get implants.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for Zhang to give Joanna another much needed serving of humble pie. Maybe Joanna will finally learn to be humble after Zhang TKOs her? We'll see.
Shove your head in sand for all I care.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen her plant her feet and swing. She's always on her toes and moving.

I used to think power is something you were born with BUT plenty of boxers have trained and taken months off to train building power. Some WMMA fighters should do it.
You can teach someone to throw a correct punch in a couple of days...doesn't mean they can do it in live sparring straight away, but within 3 months of training the average person can usually throw correctly (not necessarily tactically). The power you have then is generally the power you have for life. In my experience, anyway. Maybe S&C can help, but in all my training I never noticed a difference in power from training partners from beginning to end.

And you are completely right - that's why there's a term 'sitting on your punches'. For sure stay on your toes moving around and bouncing in and out of range, but once inside you need to plant your feet. You have fighters like Val and Joanna who are more concerned with evasiveness than damage. Plenty of guys, too. But they have a low KO percentage because of it and tend to point fight. To be respectful, they don't get KO'd as much...but it's a point fighting technique and goes against the concept of MMA imo. You should be trying to get a finish.

It's just like when fighters throw jumping switch kicks. It's head shaking because without contact with the ground your power is greatly diminished when you could have just dropped the flashiness and used proper technique.

I know most folks slept through the Carmouche fight, and I don't blame anyone who did since it sucked ass, but this happened.

Looked like carmouche was off balance from throwing a messy spinny back fist.

The power you have then is generally the power you have for life.
Not true, Tommy Hearns is an example of this.

In general you can train for power, people just don't do it.

I'm guessing because she does not hit hard with her hands. And, she feels bad for fighting women with losing records. But, keep in mind she is not lucky like Zhang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back