Why can't Schevhenko ever hurt anyone with her hands?

Not true, Tommy Hearns is an example of this.

In general you can train for power, people just don't do it.
That's an outlier, and I think Hearns just adapted his footwork to plant his feet more. Your power literally comes from your base (feet), hips (massively), Shoulders (the most) and lastly your arms (the least). You can build shoulders, back and leg muscles but IMO it doesn't make a ton of difference if you are stacking muscle on to a frame not meant for that functionally.

Just my opinion.

That's an outlier, and I think Hearns just adapted his footwork to plant his feet more. Your power literally comes from your base (feet), hips (massively), Shoulders (the most) and lastly your arms (the least). You can build shoulders, back and leg muscles but IMO it doesn't make a ton of difference if you are stacking muscle on to a frame not meant for that functionally.

Just my opinion.
Everything isn't about building muscle, it's not muscle that equals power in the first place, there's actually more cases of this lol like Trinidad. This isn't even an uncommon thing, boxers also have done it when moving up in weight. I've done it myself lol.

Look into it more.

it's not muscle that equals power in the first place
hundreds of years of science tells us that either your mass or your velocity need to increase to up the amount of power you're attempting to throw with.

Everything isn't about building muscle, it's not muscle that equals power in the first place, there's actually more cases of this lol like Trinidad. This isn't even an uncommon thing, boxers also have done it when moving up in weight. I've done it myself lol.

Look into it more.
I did MMA for 7 years and worked with pro boxers for 2 years. I'm no amateur on the subject. Like I said, it's just my opinion. Guys would come in and hit like trains from day one, other pro vets were reliant on volume strikes to win. Maybe they got marginally better? But I couldn't tell the difference.

Once you learn to throw a punch, that's your power and it doesn't change much IMO. Not enough to acknowledge.

Because shes a 130-140lb female? Doesnt matter how much you train striking, without steroids you wont have big punching power as a woman no matter what. They dont have the same musculature as men. The only outliers are people who are juiced to the tits.

Even Nunes doesnt have a lot of punch KO power, she has to break people down with long combos. Kicks are different though, women can generate enough force to KO with kicks because it involves bigger muscle groups.

She doesn’t fight for a finish, she fights to out point her opponent with the least amount of risk.

I think she is always keeping defence as her primary concern. If a KO happens it’s as much by accident as by design.

Plus, even if she did plant and swing for the fences, she just doesn’t have natural punching power.

the same reason Lyoto wasn't KOing anyone with his hands before. she moves too much and most of her defense comes from her not being in range for the other fighter, which most likely means she's not in range either.

if she settles down and plants herself in the pocket she'll definitely KO girls, but then she'll also be able to be takedown and hit easier too.

Looks fast, powerful, and great technique. What's she missing, is it accuracy, range, timing what?

she is stiff and dont have enough power to overcome the stiffness.. (judging solely by her ability to KO people)

That's because Val tended to cheat. Those were non-pro fights and she wasn't allowed to sweep/throw but did it consistently including to Joanna. It took years but eventually a group of officials finally got fed up with her and kicked her out of the weight class. They should have banned her entirely. Joanna has a more detailed account of it in her book which hopefully she will publish in English if she wins the belt. Needless to say if people think Joanna, Maycee or anybody else in WMMA in the UFC is cringe when they lose ... it does not compare to Val. It was worse than when that one time Khabib lost in a competition and seemed to have a meltdown.

That doesn't even make sense. Not only is throwing legal in non pro Muay Thai, but why would someone only get kicked out of a weight class for using illegal techniques in fights?
Wouldn't they be banned or suspended from the organisation or something?

I don't think I've ever seen her plant her feet and swing. She's always on her toes and moving.

I used to think power is something you were born with BUT plenty of boxers have trained and taken months off to train building power. Some WMMA fighters should do it.

Power definitely is something you were born with but anyone can improve their power to a limited extent. Putting on weight will obviously increase power but you would then have to move up weight classes.

To improve power whilst staying in your weight class,training plyometric training, strength training with loads of bag and padwork is the way to go.

That doesn't even make sense. Not only is throwing legal in non pro Muay Thai, but why would someone only get kicked out of a weight class for using illegal techniques in fights?
Wouldn't they be banned or suspended from the organisation or something?
He’s talking out of his ass, just leave it at that.
He’s basing all of this in Joanna’s book that he hasn’t read. :rolleyes:

Shev just isn't a power puncher, never has been. Not her style or strength.

have I said she was?

what are we even talking about here?

of course tiny women is gonna have a lack of KO power

anybody who is a tiny woman and have KO power is going to be an outlier

look at the male 125ers, how often do the guys have legit KO power in the hands??

Back