Why can't Schevhenko ever hurt anyone with her hands?

ImmigrantMentality

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks fast, powerful, and great technique. What's she missing, is it accuracy, range, timing what?

My advice is, don’t over-analyze WMMA. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Someone plz watch Val's kickboxing, MT, and MMA career, tell TS he is right and why.

I need to know why she can't hurt people with punches.

Someone plz watch Val's kickboxing, MT, and MMA career, tell TS he is right and why.

I need to know why she can't hurt people with punches.
I only watched her MT fights with Joanna and they were very sloppy, she didn't even strike with Joanna, she just bullied her in the clinch with strength and ineffective knees. It looked more like an mma fight than MT

I only watched her MT fights with Joanna and they were very sloppy, she didn't even strike with Joanna, she just bullied her in the clinch with strength and ineffective knees. It looked more like an mma fight than MT
That's because Val tended to cheat. Those were non-pro fights and she wasn't allowed to sweep/throw but did it consistently including to Joanna. It took years but eventually a group of officials finally got fed up with her and kicked her out of the weight class. They should have banned her entirely. Joanna has a more detailed account of it in her book which hopefully she will publish in English if she wins the belt. Needless to say if people think Joanna, Maycee or anybody else in WMMA in the UFC is cringe when they lose ... it does not compare to Val. It was worse than when that one time Khabib lost in a competition and seemed to have a meltdown.

I figured. You're asking us to do the work to prove your theory, which I assumed is based off 4 MMA matches, and a youtube highlight.
If her fights were more exciting I would watch more than just those few. I have no real theory, just asking to see if someone may actually have a real answer why she can't do any damage with her hands after all the training she has

Wmma so lack of power even if technique is good

That's because Val tended to cheat. Those were non-pro fights and she wasn't allowed to sweep/throw but did it consistently including to Joanna. It took years but eventually a group of officials finally got fed up with her and kicked her out of the weight class. They should have banned her entirely. Joanna has a more detailed account of it in her book which hopefully she will publish in English if she wins the belt. Needless to say if people think Joanna, Maycee or anybody else in WMMA in the UFC is cringe when they lose ... it does not compare to Val. It was worse than when that one time Khabib lost in a competition and seemed to have a meltdown.
What do I need to search to find the melt down?

Well she for sure can ko chicks with her kicks so why try to ko someone with her hands when she can set up the kick?
Seems like smart game planning and using her strengths.

I don't think I've ever seen her plant her feet and swing. She's always on her toes and moving.

I used to think power is something you were born with BUT plenty of boxers have trained and taken months off to train building power. Some WMMA fighters should do it.

Last edited:
Looks fast, powerful, and great technique. What's she missing, is it accuracy, range, timing what?

Watched her fight with JJ live. Val was twice as fast and seemed to be an entire weight class heavier strength wise. Reminded me of the strength Andrade had vs JJ with the ability to rip her off the cage wall.

The reason why Val hardly hurts people or not bad enough is because she is looking for perfect entries/exits and refuses to engage if she doesn't have it. Obviously that will reduce the chance of exchanges and opponents don't even get tired out but it doesn't matter. It's why it's so frustrating to watch her.

If you want to see what Val looks like moving forward go watch her first fight at 125 vs Priscila. She is open to counters and gets hit easily. Watching that is what made many of us think Joanna had a chance. But Val never really moved forward so Joanna had no chance to expose her.

If you watched one Val fight you watched them all over the past 20 years of her career. She hasn't changed shit. Improved and added a ground game but her standup hasn't changed. Why would it when you can't find anybody as an opponent to mimic her. She will never change right up until she retires even if she loses vs someone eventually. It's funny cause JJ has gone through at least 3 if not 4 transformations in 15 or so years kind of like Overeem.

You’re watching WMMA for the wrong reasons .

What do I need to search to find the melt down?
I dunno. I saw it during the buildup with his fight vs Conor. Maybe he was 18 or so I'm not sure exactly. He was young. Dunno what to expect if he loses but I suspect he won't melt down like that in public. Even Val handled it somewhat better vs Nunes.

I don't think I've ever seen her plant her feet and swing. She's always on her toes and moving.

I used to think power is something you were boring with BUT plenty of boxers have trained and taken months off to train building power. Some WMMA fighters should do it.

Well, you're Boring, so you must have Power!
;)

Back