Why are sherdog posters so disrespectful?

Started with TUF. There used to be a lot of good posters here, and many fighters posted here as well. When TUF started the jerks showed up, and chased the good posters and fighters away.

People mostly come to this site to went their frustrations.

Because it's anonymous. But it's not just Sherdog, read some Youtube comments for instance.

I watched some q&a thing in another thread with cain and goldy. Every single person asking the questions were down right retarded looking asking dumbshit rubbish. I reckon the majority of sherdog are also of this type.

Down sydrome looking adolescents or redneck dropkicks that have never been in a fight or trained.

Sherdog is disrespectful because the aforementioned people on here have no life experiences other than watching teh UFC and arguing with their mother what time dinner will be ready.

We are all fans of MMA and in this specific forum the UFC. Martial Arts is supposed to be about respect, self reflection and discipline. None of these traits are portrayed in this forum. There also seems to be very little respect for any fighter who loses a match. Well guess what? When there is a fight one person has to lose. And if its a draw people complain even more.

People constantly talk down on great fighters and athletes. People seem to believe that if a fighter cannot be #1 in their weight class then they are a failure. There can only be one champion in each weight class. Just because Uriah Faber or Ben Henderson or Frankie Edgar are #2 does not make them a failure.

I wish this forum would show more respect to the human beings who train their entire lives to compete in MMA and entertain us. Also any fighter ranked in the top 20 in the world is not a "can". They are one of the best fighters on earth. The attitude of the MMA fan base is probably one reason the sport itself does not get more respect.

That's one thing that made me fall in love with K1 in the early days with Andy Hug and Hoost. They were all the best of the best in their respective martial art and you almost never saw the fighters trash talking or the fans either.

education level in general.

I found people in sports sections of other forums far more polite.

All sports fans are like this.

Or, all sports fans on the internet are like this.

Well, I don't follow every sport, but the ones I do follow always have plenty of disrespectful fans.

Great point. How many times have football fans disrespected a great football player for a bad play in a clutch game?

Fans are just mouths and consumers. They shell out money and provide the means from which sponsors and athletes make their money, so let those fans have their say. Athletes should understand that basic economic principle and accept the silliness from fans mouths as a part of the life a professional athlete gets to live.

People bottle up all their hate and anger from their regular lives and let it flow online... not unique to MMA fans sadly.

We are all fans of MMA and in this specific forum the UFC. Martial Arts is supposed to be about respect, self reflection and discipline. None of these traits are portrayed in this forum. There also seems to be very little respect for any fighter who loses a match. Well guess what? When there is a fight one person has to lose. And if its a draw people complain even more.

People constantly talk down on great fighters and athletes. People seem to believe that if a fighter cannot be #1 in their weight class then they are a failure. There can only be one champion in each weight class. Just because Uriah Faber or Ben Henderson or Frankie Edgar are #2 does not make them a failure.

I wish this forum would show more respect to the human beings who train their entire lives to compete in MMA and entertain us. Also any fighter ranked in the top 20 in the world is not a "can". They are one of the best fighters on earth. The attitude of the MMA fan base is probably one reason the sport itself does not get more respect.

Easy because most of the people posting here have never participated or practiced Martial Arts. They don't have any concept of what you're speaking about, they don't train, their egos are boundless, and they need to be in the corner.

So what does TS have to say about fighters whom through their antics have shown to be disrespectful, either to their opponents or to their audience?

eg #1
Rashad.gif

eg #2
lesnar-f-you-new.gif

eg #3
2mnf57b.jpg

eg #4
chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

Then TS curiously fails to notice why there's massive hate on guys like Lesnar & Rashad LMAO!

So what does TS have to say about fighters whom through their antics have shown to be disrespectful, either to their opponents or to their audience?

eg #1
Rashad.gif

eg #2
lesnar-f-you-new.gif

eg #3
2mnf57b.jpg

eg #4
chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

Then TS curiously fails to notice why there's massive hate on guys like Lesnar & Rashad LMAO!

So those are your examples of Martial Artists? I don't think any of those guys consider themselves a Martial Artist except Weidman, and you fucking punch until the ref stops the fight, give me a break!

All sports fans are like this.

Or, all sports fans on the internet are like this.

Well, I don't follow every sport, but the ones I do follow always have plenty of disrespectful fans.

I'd say most sports fans in general...haven't you been to a football or baseball game and the crowd is screaming and talking shit to players? Audience members behind left girls constantly yell stuff at the left field guy, fans of one team wanna fight fans of the other team...and in some cases, it ends up deadly like the SF giants fan getting beat up at Dodgers stadium parking lot.

I always laugh, thinking how people can hate a team or it's fans...when the team members don't actually hate the people they're playing against.

I guess what saying is...is normal

You mean East Asian martial arts. Combat in the West did not embody those qualities.

Not all East Asian martial arts are like that at all.

Any "-jutsu" art is basically about techniques used for killing. No Muay Thai trainer I've ever had has talked about anything other than what techniques I can use to beat my opponent. Shit, even judo, one of the original "-do" arts, mainly only focuses on breaking your opponent using the floor.

They are haters so they hate. They have so much c@ck. Much c@ck guys. Most have never competed. Most forget they're talking about humans who put their bodies and minds on the line.

Maybe you think that but most people here dislikes a fighter, I guess you miss Posting of members defending low pay they get :rolleyes:

Because most of the posters on here are teenagers.

So those are your examples of Martial Artists? I don't think any of those guys consider themselves a Martial Artist except Weidman, and you fucking punch until the ref stops the fight, give me a break!

You gotta be kidding if you think Anderson Silva doesn't consider himself a martial artist. He's been doing it since a kid and has excelled in 3 martial arts and boxing

Back