Why are sherdog posters so disrespectful?

Who on earth are you calling disrespectizyful?

giphy.gif

We are all fans of MMA and in this specific forum the UFC. Martial Arts is supposed to be about respect, self reflection and discipline. None of these traits are portrayed in this forum. There also seems to be very little respect for any fighter who loses a match. Well guess what? When there is a fight one person has to lose. And if its a draw people complain even more.

People constantly talk down on great fighters and athletes. People seem to believe that if a fighter cannot be #1 in their weight class then they are a failure. There can only be one champion in each weight class. Just because Uriah Faber or Ben Henderson or Frankie Edgar are #2 does not make them a failure.

I wish this forum would show more respect to the human beings who train their entire lives to compete in MMA and entertain us. Also any fighter ranked in the top 20 in the world is not a "can". They are one of the best fighters on earth. The attitude of the MMA fan base is probably one reason the sport itself does not get more respect.

That's a bit of a stretch. Maybe 1/3 of their lives... 2/3 of the week... 1/4 of the day. Clowns entertain us too, and generally receive payment for it, just like fighters. Should we have more respect for clowns?
Plus, it's the internet, who cares?

There's gonna be people like that in very sport and then there's gonna be some intelligent nice people too. Not every sport is perfect and MMA is one of them. Just learn to ignore them and give them no attention because obviously they don't know what the hell they are talking about. It hurts my head when I read some of these posts when they disprespect fighters but it's also fun to read their opinions so I won't get bored lol

Martial Arts is supposed to be about respect, self reflection and discipline.

You mean East Asian martial arts. Combat in the West did not embody those qualities.

Because the mere notion of anonymity makes one instantaneously believe they are an affluent male with a ten inch penis who makes millions of dollars and lives in a mansion surrounded by Playboy bunnies while thinking they are the second coming of the Christ who's opinions are wrapped in a gold badge of undisputed fact.

Because it's the Internet. People can say whatever they want with no repercussions.

Because the mere notion of anonymity makes one instantaneously believe they are an affluent male with a ten inch penis who makes millions of dollars and lives in a mansion surrounded by Playboy bunnies while thinking they are the second coming of the Christ who's opinions are wrapped in a gold badge of undisputed fact.

Brilliant, and true in many ways.

Because its the only place they can be assholes without getting slapped.

Think of how boring sherdog would be without all the disrespect....shadface....gifs........the list goes o

Being a fan does not require any discipline or respect. It isn't surprising, really. They aren't fans of the martial arts aspect in terms of dedicating yourself to improving yourself and mastering a wide range of skills, but are drawn the analysis of fights and the spectacle of it all. They also seem to latch on to personalities and enjoy the drama involved which I feel really poisons MMA in a lot of ways.

Also, people are just shitty, TS. Your average human being is a bit a d-bag, especially on the internet with the advantage of anonymity.

Exactly. The vast majority of other sports have fans who are well educated in many aspects of the game. MMA has too many fans full of bloodlust who want a mentality of hatred and animosity to run through the sport. Furthermore, many of them haven't taken so much as an introductory karate class. It's why MMA comes off as so bush league and savage. It's not the fights. It's the mentality of the fans and even some of the upper echelon who run MMA=Dana White.
Damn dude. You are the man!
/thread

We are all fans of MMA and in this specific forum the UFC. Martial Arts is supposed to be about respect, self reflection and discipline. None of these traits are portrayed in this forum. There also seems to be very little respect for any fighter who loses a match. Well guess what? When there is a fight one person has to lose. And if its a draw people complain even more.

People constantly talk down on great fighters and athletes. People seem to believe that if a fighter cannot be #1 in their weight class then they are a failure. There can only be one champion in each weight class. Just because Uriah Faber or Ben Henderson or Frankie Edgar are #2 does not make them a failure.

I wish this forum would show more respect to the human beings who train their entire lives to compete in MMA and entertain us. Also any fighter ranked in the top 20 in the world is not a "can". They are one of the best fighters on earth. The attitude of the MMA fan base is probably one reason the sport itself does not get more respect.

TS the MMA fan base is made up of guys like Chris Leben, Junie Brown, and Julien Lane except instead of being talented and physically gifted they cannot fight. I really hope this gives you some perspective.

BTW TS go Phuck yourself...

Every forum is like this. Many are worse.

This isn't really a Sherdog thing. Blame the internet .... for being awesome.

Back