Why are sherdog posters so disrespectful?

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We are all fans of MMA and in this specific forum the UFC. Martial Arts is supposed to be about respect, self reflection and discipline. None of these traits are portrayed in this forum. There also seems to be very little respect for any fighter who loses a match. Well guess what? When there is a fight one person has to lose. And if its a draw people complain even more.

People constantly talk down on great fighters and athletes. People seem to believe that if a fighter cannot be #1 in their weight class then they are a failure. There can only be one champion in each weight class. Just because Uriah Faber or Ben Henderson or Frankie Edgar are #2 does not make them a failure.

I wish this forum would show more respect to the human beings who train their entire lives to compete in MMA and entertain us. Also any fighter ranked in the top 20 in the world is not a "can". They are one of the best fighters on earth. The attitude of the MMA fan base is probably one reason the sport itself does not get more respect.

They are haters so they hate. They have so much c@ck. Much c@ck guys. Most have never competed. Most forget they're talking about humans who put their bodies and minds on the line.

I see you are new to this whole forum and message board art. MMA fans after fights are either drunk, lost a lot of money, high, etc. Don't take them seriously and you will come out fine. :icon_chee

It makes them feel good about themselves.

All sports fans are like this.

Or, all sports fans on the internet are like this.

Well, I don't follow every sport, but the ones I do follow always have plenty of disrespectful fans.

This is neither a Sherdog thing, nor an MMA-thing, but an internet thing.

I'm all for more respect, but to a certain degree, I think your view might be a little schewed. There are plenty of respectful posters, most of us are just predominantly listening the most (and responding the most) to the guys shouting the loudest.

P.S.

Your idea of what martial arts are supposed to be isn't the common denominator. Martial arts are supposed to be about fighting; the stuff you listed is more dependent on who you ask.

The vast majority of posters don't actually train.

Exactly. The vast majority of other sports have fans who are well educated in many aspects of the game. MMA has too many fans full of bloodlust who want a mentality of hatred and animosity to run through the sport. Furthermore, many of them haven't taken so much as an introductory karate class. It's why MMA comes off as so bush league and savage. It's not the fights. It's the mentality of the fans and even some of the upper echelon who run MMA=Dana White.

Back