• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's someone you're certain is going to be champion in the UFC?

The thing that surprised me about this thread is that some people think Aspinall still needs to become the champ and others think he's the real champ.

I think he's the real champ, btw.

Khamzat is littered with problems and adversities. If he gets his opportunity and he's healthy and at his best, he'll be champion.

Shavkat is the safer bet. He'll be champions it's only a matter of time.

In life there are few certainties, and in MMA even fewer, but if I had to bet my life on any one fighter becoming champion, Kayla Harrison certainly feels like the safest bet.

There are a few fighters that I expect to win the belt pretty soon, and a whole bunch of fighters that I expect to win it at some point.

Within the next year or so:

Kayla Harrison
Shavkat Rakhmonov

Within the next few years:

Erin Blanchfield
Carlos Ulberg
Magomed Ankalaev
Ian Machado Garry
Sean Brady
Arman Tsarukyan
Movsar Evloev
Merab Dvalishvili
Umar Nurmagomedov
Steve Erceg
Tatsuro Taira

Should happen eventually:

Shamil Gaziev (if he fixes his cardio)
Bo Nickal (if he has chin and heart)
Khamzat Chimaev (if he fights)
Michael Morales
Sean Brady
Jaqueline Amorim

Probably Kayla Harrison is the only one I am close to certain about though.
Some of the names on the list check out, but I think Garry, Ulberg and Gaziev will never hold the belt.

In life there are few certainties, and in MMA even fewer, but if I had to bet my life on any one fighter becoming champion, Kayla Harrison certainly feels like the safest bet.

There are a few fighters that I expect to win the belt pretty soon, and a whole bunch of fighters that I expect to win it at some point.

Within the next year or so:

Kayla Harrison
Shavkat Rakhmonov

Within the next few years:

Erin Blanchfield
Carlos Ulberg
Magomed Ankalaev
Ian Machado Garry
Sean Brady
Arman Tsarukyan
Movsar Evloev
Merab Dvalishvili
Umar Nurmagomedov
Steve Erceg
Tatsuro Taira

Should happen eventually:

Shamil Gaziev (if he fixes his cardio)
Bo Nickal (if he has chin and heart)
Khamzat Chimaev (if he fights)
Michael Morales
Sean Brady
Jaqueline Amorim

Probably Kayla Harrison is the only one I am close to certain about though.
Gaziev???? He literally looked like the worst fighter in history his last fight and jairzinho isn't even that good imo

The only sure bets are Kayla and Shavkat. Maybe Merab but I learned not to bet against O'Malley. Kid is legit.

Aspinall is already the champion so he doesn't count.

Khamzat doesn't get past DDP or Izzy, if he ever fights again.

Shavkat will definitely be a champion at some point in his career. Even if he were to lose to Edwards/Belal winner, he eats and sleeps MMA that winning a championship is his goal.

Back