• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's someone you're certain is going to be champion in the UFC?

The thing that surprised me about this thread is that some people think Aspinall still needs to become the champ and others think he's the real champ.

I think he's the real champ, btw.
He's the champ. Aspinall is defending his title first, Jones is refusing to fight him, and will retire after he gets his Stipe fight so Aspinall's belt is the only one that matters.

Mizuki, just need to get back to being active and start taking these bums out.

Would wreck Zhang if they fought right now.

Kayla is all but assured to be champion.

Merab if he gets a title shot seems unstoppable.
Arman has youth on his entire division top seems a matter of time.

Those are my top choices.

Shavkat also a good bet but he could have some real adversity with JDM, Brady and Garry all behind him.

Erceg and/or Taira will be champion I'd see likely.

Blanchfield will also be champion at some point.

Mizuki, just need to get back to being active and start taking these bums out.

Would wreck Zhang if they fought right now.
Dude, I finally got around to watching that 40-minute Yu Yau Pui highlight you recommended... I'm now a huge fucking fan! What an unrelenting machine. Can't wait to see this methed-up Octopus fight again.

Last edited:
Dude, I finally got around to watching that 40-minute Yu Yau Pui highlight you recommended... I'm now a huge fucking fan! What an unrelenting machine. Can't wait to see this methed-up Octopus fight again.

Fuck yeh, bro!

The Octopus is the best. Always way less skilled than her opponents but doesn't let any of that stop her from absolutely mauling them for 3 rounds or less.

6-0 with 3 KOs and 3 dominant unanimous decisions.

They're gonna have to give her a title shot soon. Phetjeeja will be a hard as fuck fight for Octopus, but would be fucking amazing if she drowned her like she has everyone else.

1718682519288.png1718682621027.jpeg

Fuck yeh, bro!

The Octopus is the best. Always way less skilled than her opponents but doesn't let any of that stop her from absolutely mauling them for 3 rounds or less.

6-0 with 3 KOs and 3 dominant unanimous decisions.

They're gonna have to give her a title shot soon. Phetjeeja will be a hard as fuck fight for Octopus, but would be fucking amazing if she drowned her like she has everyone else.

View attachment 1048481View attachment 1048483
I literally can't even imagine how a fight with Phetjeeja would go. I don't think either of them would be able to implement their gameplan easily. I hope it happens, tho!

I already consider him a champion which is the only reason he isn't on mine.
you need fact checking sir plus your opinion doesnt really matter
because its only an opinion sorry for being a party pooper
Untitled.png

The thing that surprised me about this thread is that some people think Aspinall still needs to become the champ and others think he's the real champ.

I think he's the real champ, btw.
your opinion doesnt really matter because its an opinion
reality check sir
Untitled.png

You sure about that? After Islam defends 5-6 times, Usman Nurmagomedov will be next. That is father's plan.
His best win is a 2023 Bendo and he's in a different organization.
Shavkat is the only guy I've been positive of since Poatan.

Shavkat, Kayla, and Umar come to mind. I'd say Ankalaev, but they really don't like him. I think Evloev has a strong chance. Albazi also,

Hazbulla
He ragdolled multiple champions. If they only had a proper weightclass for him.

giphy.gif

For me, it's Kayla. I'd bet money on her taking the belt.

Next, Shavkat. The guy is doing everything right to turn himself into the best. None of that Khamzat bullshit; this dude isn't rushing anywhere and is improving his skillset at every rung of the ladder.

Otherwise... this fucking sport is too crazy and dramatic for me to call anything. All I know is, Colby won't be getting a belt. And if Belal gets a belt, Dana's going to have someone steal it out of his locker room, like they tried with GSP.

I'll take some bold predictions that we won't know for years. Certain is a strong word but everyone obvious has been said.

Rei Tsuruya at 21 years old, he was a national champion in Japan in Greco Roman, his father was a pro MMA fighter and he grew up in his gym. Seems athletic, strong wrestling base, trains with Makoto Shinryu, amateur debut at 15 years old. He's 9-0, fighting on 303 prelims, we will see but in terms of talent and being born for it...kids got it all.

Asaf Chopurov is another guy, 22 years old, 4-0 pro and like 32-1 amateur. Just knocked out Petr Yans training partner 13-3 Denis Levrentyev who has wins over multiple guys in the UFC like Taylor Lapilus and Victor Henry. Chopurov was one of several fighters offered to take the Naimov fight on short notice, he accepted but they took Lima the Oktagon BW Champ instead but he's on the UFCs radar and he's so damn skilled.

I think Samandar Murodov if he gets signed might end up a WW Champion too, he's been training with Leon Edwards and I'd love to see what Edwards has to say about him.

I'll take some bold predictions that we won't know for years. Certain is a strong word but everyone obvious has been said.

Rei Tsuruya at 21 years old, he was a national champion in Japan in Greco Roman, his father was a pro MMA fighter and he grew up in his gym. Seems athletic, strong wrestling base, trains with Makoto Shinryu, amateur debut at 15 years old. He's 9-0, fighting on 303 prelims, we will see but in terms of talent and being born for it...kids got it all.
Nice! Going to keep my eye on him, didn't know about him.

Ankalaev is a horrible matchup for Poatan, so him.

And out there prediction: Mauricio Ruffy

Back