whos ruined their name worst, Wand/Anderson/Jones?

Winning fixes everything in the eyes of fans, Jones will probably go on to accomplish more great things and no one is gonna care about his current situation in a few years, sadly Wanderlei and Anderson best years are behind them so their recent controversies will be what most people remember them for.

Silva, because average people don't know jones or wand.

Anderson ... he can't get an erection without a steroid cocktail his buddy got him in Thailand. That is embarrassing on multiple levels. Worst excuse ever for using multiple steroids.

Wand was never any good in the UFC. He comes across as a dummy who puts on good, aggressive, fights, often at his own expense.

Jones still has time to make a comeback but one more fuck up and he goes to the top of this list.

Anderson put a giant ? over his entire career.

Wand only positive is he was not relevent anymore as a too teir fighter when he got popped.

Jones will be a huge draw when he comes back, especially if he continues to embrace his inner jackass.

Anderson. All of those wins should have an asterisk or question mark besides them. We just don't know for an absolute fact that he didn't mask.

Wand. Running away from the tester did him no favors.

Jones. The hit and run wasn't his shining moment. He can still redeem himself, but he has a LOT of work to do as far as public relations go.

The aforementioned pair.. It seems to be that their troubles all stem from "supplement" use.

In the MMA community, where people care less about hazardous actions and more about steroids/cheating, Wand and Anderson damaged their reputations worse.

In the general community, where people care more about hazardous actions and less about steroids/cheating, Jones damaged his reputation worse.

With Jones, I dont really care about the things he's done. Of course he's a scumbag, but I just want to see the guy fight. He's still an absolute monster in the ring. With Wand and Anderson, I was heartbroken by their cheating allegations. I dont really care about seeing them fight anymore. So i guess i think less of Wand and Anderson, however, the general public would view it opposite.

It's easily wand imo. Jones was never liked to begin with.

As a person, Jones.

As a fighter, Anderson.

And Wanderlei ruined both but to a lesser degree.

I think Wand has.
He seems like he is punch drunk now.
The steroids don't bother me like it bothers others.
I grew up with the sport and guys being juiced so it just seems normal.
Jones is a young super star that can literally beat anyone up he sees.
He's obviously surrounded by yes men.
He was young and dumb. Oh, and he was a cage fighter.
Anderson was one of the best of all time. It sure as fuck wasn't because of a little bit of testosterone.
I pick Wand.

i approach this as having ruined your name, "as a whole". i don't simply see this through a public, or fighter perspective. having said that, it has to be jon jones. he is a criminal and almost killed someone by being a selfish member of society.

next is wanderlei. he remains my favorite fighter of all-time, but running away from a drug-test, and bitching with the ufc, has made him look really bad.

and lastly, anderson. he tested positive, but how long has he really been on the juice? personally, i'm not really sure. i think that it hasn't been for that long.

Tough question.

No one like Jon Jones though.

not a fan of JJ, but how the fuck do you bring him into this discussion. they made their names as MMA fighters. JJ hasnt done anything to ruin that. well, except some allegations.
it is Silva for me. from his previous talk about cheaters, to him getting busted on separate occasion for multiple banned substances, to his joke of an excuse/defense.

Jones can clean up and salvage his career before 30.
I hate to say it , Silva fucked up the most because he'll never shine like he recently did.

To make it worse, if there's a valid time to juice in my opinion , it's when you shatter your leg. Just not in professional sports

Aaaahhhhh, so NOT being caught using PED maskers has contributed to Jones reputation being ruined?

Gotcha...
The news going out contributed. You're trying really hard but you're failing.

Wand: This was mostly a media made disaster. He allegedly ran from a test, although likely to be true it was already a common belief he was a roider, especially in Pride. Also He already had his day and the masses don't understand his greatness.

Silva: You people are idiots. Silva clearly did not use throughout his career. He had a very severe injury most people wouldn't come back from. He is the greatest martial artist to ever step into the Octagon. It's obvious he use something extra to heal.

Jones: Winner. He was at the peak of his career, in his Prime, and did something incredibly repugnant. He is a scumbag who needs a lot of help.

I agree.

Back