whos ruined their name worst, Wand/Anderson/Jones?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Wand: Bashing the UFC and making some strong remarks about them, Running from his drug test, claiming the UFC has fixed fights

Silva: Testing positive for steroids, brb dik pills from Thailand, people question whether or not he was on substances in his UFC career

Jones: Tests positive for coke, hits pregnant women 4 months later, run from scene with money, history of DUI's

Who has tarnished their career the most? I feel like Wand was never truly one of the GOATS rather he was just an exciting top level fighter...I think most people probably knew he was on PED's most of his career so it's not as bad, Jones is pretty young...he could rebound and just have this as a dark period in his career. Silva on the other hand lost a few sponsors most likely, embarrassed himself with that horrible defense, and is pretty much made fun of for how he finished his career (If it is the end)

Which one of these is the biggest fall from grace and if there are any others not mentioned. Only one I could see is Josh Grispi almost had that title fight with Aldo but lost a bunch, got cut, and ended up in prison for domestic abuse.

IMO Jones, but he probably has the best chance of coming back despite doing the most criminal thing of the 3.

also lol @ TS sig.

Id say Anderson because he was a potential GOAT. We already knew jones was kind of a dick and that Wand was always juiced to the tits.

silva. the guy was the face of mma for a while between the roids and the diaz fight (if thats what you want to call it), the guy has nuked his career. wand's career was pretty shot before this whole modern debacle and jones will be back with a vengeance i believe.

Obviously Jones. And let's be real, the hit and run won't be the last bad thing he does. It's just a matter of time.

Jones' issues have affected his career by taking him away from the sport and taking his title, but they don't really affect my attitude about what he does in the cage. Him being a menace to society with his vehicle doesn't make me think less of him as a fighter.

Anderson's issues obviously involve PEDs and opens the question as to why a good fighter became a great fighter mid career. I have no idea whether he has been using PEDs for his entire career or much of his career or only for the one fight. But it certainly affects his legacy.

Wanderlei will always occupy a special place in the MMA pantheon. The guy was a true berzerker. Sure, he smashed some overmatched Japanese welterweights, but he also stepped up to fight Cro Cop and Mark Hunt. That he was likely on steroids throughout his career and is crazy as a loon doesn't detract as much from what he did for me. Maybe my expectations were lower for Wandy than for a guy like Anderson.

Jones. On more than one occasion now he's endangered the lives of innocent people because of his selfish behavior.

I think Wand has had the most people turn on him. Jones and Silva had plenty of people who hated them beforehand but Wand was nearly universally loved. Not so much anymore. He also just won't stop with all of the ridiculous videos, claims, etc.

In terms of their reputation in the cage wand and Anderson are more tarnished probably Anderson at the top as it spoiled his great career for me anyways..

Jones, Wand is just annoying and harms no one. Anderson also harmed no one.

Being a criminal tops anything.

Wand in fans eyes because he is not in UFC.
Jones is not going to heaven out of the 3.

Wand: This was mostly a media made disaster. He allegedly ran from a test, although likely to be true it was already a common belief he was a roider, especially in Pride. Also He already had his day and the masses don't understand his greatness.

Silva: You people are idiots. Silva clearly did not use throughout his career. He had a very severe injury most people wouldn't come back from. He is the greatest martial artist to ever step into the Octagon. It's obvious he use something extra to heal.

Jones: Winner. He was at the peak of his career, in his Prime, and did something incredibly repugnant. He is a scumbag who needs a lot of help.

Since PEDs were not banned in Pride, I don't see how Wand's legacy is tarnished. Maybe his UFC career is but that's not much of a legacy.

Jones never got caught doing PEDs, so his legacy in the cage is untarnished. As a person, not so much.

Anderson takes the biggest hit for a few reasons:

1) The first time he is tested outside of competition, he gets busted for roids. This leads to speculation about his entire career.
2) His legacy is in the UFC, where PEDs are banned.
3) He projected himself as a clean athlete, even stated that steroid users should be banned for life
4) His excuse for PEDs is ridiculous and he never really owned up to it.

But, time heals all wounds, and I know people won't hold this against Anderson forever.

I leave you with an Anderson Silva quote: “When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva said. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport.”

Wanderlei ran from a test. There's no need to mention that he's been running his mouth about things because only the forum posters care about that stuff. It's just trendy forum stuff.

Jones has obviously ruined his name the worst.

Back