Who's career has been greater in terms of legacy, Shogun's ou Machida's? Poll Request

Shogun-pounds-Machida.gif

This pic says it all….Machida was out cold!

Yeah and Matt Serra KO'd GSP. Shit happens in MMA. There's still no question who has the greater career. Try harder

Easily Shogun, losses don't detract from previous accomplishments

if it wasnt for jones fight id say shogun

Yeah, who lost to forrest griffin again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
There has never been a greater fighter than Jon Jones

You mean Forrest Griffen who won the LHW title exactly 10 months after beating Shogun?? Right

Machida has had the better career overall, and still has the skills to become a world champion (again) before he retires.

with credit to godsedd...

PLNoftn.png

Griffin - Blown ACL. Still a fair loss.

Machida - We all know who won the first fight. Complete robbery.

Jones - Legit destruction

Henderson - Should have been a draw. Fight ended up Shogun in full mount.

Gustafsson - Competitive. The same guy put Jones on a stretcher

Sonnen - A horrible loss. No way around it.

Henderson - Winning the fight and got caught. Legit loss.

OSP - A horrible loss.

Shogun has had a lot of bad luck and to be honest, I don't think Machida would have had much better luck. He won a split decision against Hendo in which nothing happened and got choked out by Jones. He would likely lose to Gustafsson and Sonnen could beat him with wrestling like Phil Davis did.

Both guys are a lot closer than anyone want to give them credit for. For some reason, people love to forget all of the boring decisions and fights Machida has had and only like to remember his KOs.

Yeah and Matt Serra KO'd GSP. Shit happens in MMA. There's still no question who has the greater career. Try harder

Matt Serra KO'ing GSP is very different from Shogun KOing Machida

shogun legacy is much better at the moment.

he took the title from machida as well.

Pretty sure Shogun outstruck Machida in their first fight as well, and also that Machida fight I believed is still called one of the worst robberies in a title fight in MMA history.

Just some brain food.

Machida has had the better career overall, and still has the skills to become a world champion (again) before he retires.

No he doesn't, he won't beat Weidman or Jones.

Forrest beat the best Shogun.

post surgery shogun is the best shogun?

nothing wrong with shogun losing to griffin anyways.

the guy won the LHW belt as well.

i see no shame in that loss.

then shogun has lost to henderson twice in comepitive fights, no shame in that either.

losing to chael the way he did wasn't that terrible, chael was a top 3 MW and physically as big as shogun.

and dare i say it.. hendo and chael.. TRT.

OSP? very likely outcome.

Almost every Shogun fans believe he only lost to Jones or is undefeated, and his defeats should not be counted as defeats. They are neck and neck with sonnen fans when it comes to being delusional

Almost every Shogun fans believe he only lost to Jones or is undefeated, and his defeats should not be counted as defeats. They are neck and neck with sonnen fans when it comes to being delusional

No not really, I don't see a single one of those fans here. You're just throwing up smoke screens man.

Dude, your sig gives you away.

SHogun knocked out Machida at Machidas best. there, I accepted it.

Now move on. Chael SOnnen sloppy second lover.

----------------------------------------------------------
JJon Jones is the fuckinG BEST EVER

Machida based on the simple fact that he still has a few more legit years ahead of him.

Lot of youngsters on this thread. Shogun so far.

Griffin - Blown ACL. Still a fair loss.

Machida - We all know who won the first fight. Complete robbery.

Jones - Legit destruction

Henderson - Should have been a draw. Fight ended up Shogun in full mount.

Gustafsson - Competitive. The same guy put Jones on a stretcher

Sonnen - A horrible loss. No way around it.

Henderson - Winning the fight and got caught. Legit loss.

OSP - A horrible loss.

Shogun has had a lot of bad luck and to be honest, I don't think Machida would have had much better luck. He won a split decision against Hendo in which nothing happened and got choked out by Jones. He would likely lose to Gustafsson and Sonnen could beat him with wrestling like Phil Davis did.

Both guys are a lot closer than anyone want to give them credit for. For some reason, people love to forget all of the boring decisions and fights Machida has had and only like to remember his KOs.

Lol, here he is folks, it's "That Guy". Makes at least one appearance in every shogun thread.

Back