Who's career has been greater in terms of legacy, Shogun's ou Machida's? Poll Request

For my money it's Machida by a mile. Shogun has had one of the most overrated careers in MMA history.

Overrated? He knocked Machida the fuck out, how do you overrate that? lmao

Macheeto.

A few years ago I might have said Shogun. Great career. But Lyoto has been fighting top guys for a longer period of time. And I think Lyoto will be competitive into his 40's - he's taken much less damage overall in his career because of how elusive his style is. For God's sake, he literally didn't get hit his last fight. I know CB isn't top 5, but he has multiple fights where he's taken barely any clean shots.

Both have had great careers and great wins. Shogun's losses have been much worse, he has lost way more fights and he is past his prime already at a fairly young age so I have to say Machida.

Overrated? He knocked Machida the fuck out, how do you overrate that? lmao

Because they have fought other people since.

Also Coffee 79 congrats on 666 posts.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Jones is the best fighter of all time, in any weight class.

Shogun is that guy that got choked out by chael sonnen in about a minute right? Quit insulting machida like this. Compare machida to stephan bonnar why don't you

I would say Shogun IMO

Shogun is that guy that got choked out by chael sonnen in about a minute right? Quit insulting machida like this. Compare machida to stephan bonnar why don't you

200_s.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has never been a greater fighter than Jon Jones in any weight class

Ya

It's strange how just a few fights can change everyone's opinion.

Shogun was only a few years removed from being the LHW GOAT until Jon Jones showed up.

Shogun's run in PRIDE is legendary and I thought he looked better in his prime than Machida. Lyoto is aging really well and closing out his career on a much higher note. He keeps falling short on the title but he looks great in almost every other fight.

I still think Shogun has the better legacy with his PRIDE run and then winning the UFC LHW title but everyone is going to pick Machida due to this recent fights while ignoring that he lost both of his title shots.

Machida. Shogun have had some pretty devastating defeats the last years and been declining while Machida is still going strong. Its also impressive how small Machida was in LHW but could still win against a lot of top fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back