Who's career has been greater in terms of legacy, Shogun's ou Machida's? Poll Request

Machida fans still fuming that Shogun crushed the Machida Era faster than it started.

post surgery shogun is the best shogun?

nothing wrong with shogun losing to griffin anyways.

the guy won the LHW belt as well.

i see no shame in that loss.

then shogun has lost to henderson twice in comepitive fights, no shame in that either.

losing to chael the way he did wasn't that terrible, chael was a top 3 MW and physically as big as shogun.

and dare i say it.. hendo and chael.. TRT.

OSP? very likely outcome.

HUAAAA.jpg

And Anderson beat both of them, ON TRT.

Forrest beat the best Shogun.

Shoguns fluke win over Machida is the only thing that saves his career from looking terrible, fact.

He is a legend, but he has no longevity and his fans are living in the past. You have a KO win over Machida, there you go, im happy for you guys. But overall careers, he has too many losses.

OSP

No

Clearly Shogun.
The Machida era lasted about 5 seconds.

People on here have the memory span of a goldfish.

Shogun has victories over:
Rampage
Overeem x2
Lil Nog
Arona
Randleman
Coleman
Liddell
Machida

Machida has victories over:
Tito
Rashad
Shogun
Couture
Hendo
Mousasi

C'mon people.

What is a legacy?

Machida essentially did something that everyone thought was nigh impossible by becoming champion in a veritable shark-tank of a division using TMA Karate as a base.

He's given us Shadface and the Crane Kick.

He just went 5 fairly competitive rounds with the man who dismantled Anderson Silva, twice.

And he's still going quite strong in yet another division that is full of talent, and has a fair chance at securing a title in a second division.

He's known for having masterful technique, great precision, excellent timing, impressive speed, and dangerous power in his hands and feet.

He also has some rather impressive statistics to his name, such as top 3 most knockdowns in UFC history.

Several of his relatively few losses are controversial. And he has many wins over some serious names.

He's also been consistently regarded as the quintessential martial artist within MMA for as long as I can remember.

with credit to godsedd...

PLNoftn.png

No need to see his current record, yes we all know hes hit a downward spiral. Im saying that you bringing up the fact that Machida is miles ahead of a guy who KOed him not to mention winning the first IMO is a stupid claim. I could just as easily post a pic of Shoguns earlier record and say hes fought more talented fighters and was on a hotter streak then Machida ever has.

This poll is basically segregating those who watched Pride vs those who didn't watch Pride.

You thought it was your opinion? Or are you just trying to sound tough?

Nope, I thought so because you have fuck all to say back. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

What else would I say to an idiot spouting his opinion as fact?

Because it is a fact. Jones choked Machida out in two rounds. Weidman beat Machida 4-1. Get real. Machida isn't beating Weidman anytime soon.

No need to see his current record, yes we all know hes hit a downward spiral. Im saying that you bringing up the fact that Machida is miles ahead of a guy who KOed him not to mention winning the first IMO is a stupid claim. I could just as easily post a pic of Shoguns earlier record and say hes fought more talented fighters and was on a hotter streak then Machida ever has.

You call that graphic his "current record". I call it the majority of his career

Laughable troll attempt. Run along now.

Not a troll attempt man, it isn't happening man stop kidding yourself and living in denial. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Back