Who's career has been greater in terms of legacy, Shogun's ou Machida's? Poll Request

Machida fans still fuming that Shogun crushed the Machida Era faster than it started.

No one's still mad about it. JDS knocked out Werdum, it doesn't mean that Werdum doesn't have a comparable career overall. But one fight doesn't make someone's career better. Nobody's saying Ryan Bader has a better legacy than Rampage Jackson even though Bader clearly beat him at the time they fought.

Machida has wins over Franklin, BJ, Rashad, Thiago Silva when he was an undefeated top 10, Mousasi, Hendo and more. And if Shogun fans get to cry injury/robbery about certain fights, then Machida should count Rampage and Phil Davis as wins as well.

Not a troll attempt man, it isn't happening man stop kidding yourself and living in denial. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

A Shogun fan talking about living in denial. Classic Sherdogging right here.

Shogun shined the brightest but he also had some of the worst losses. So make of that what you will. I supposed it's a matter of opinion. Do you value consistency more or who has the most feathers in their cap?

No one's still mad about it. JDS knocked out Werdum, it doesn't mean that Werdum doesn't have a comparable career overall. But one fight doesn't make someone's career better. Nobody's saying Ryan Bader has a better legacy than Rampage Jackson even though Bader clearly beat him at the time they fought.

Machida has wins over Franklin, BJ, Rashad, Thiago Silva when he was an undefeated top 10, Mousasi, Hendo and more. And if Shogun fans get to cry injury/robbery about certain fights, then Machida should count Rampage and Phil Davis as wins as well.

Shogun has more Top ten wins, including a KO win over Machida himself. Let that sink in.

EDIT: Then there shouldn't be discrediting going on. Shogun beat Machida when he was deemed unstoppable, won the Prix and won the UFC LHW belt. Became the Number 1 P4P LHW twice in his career. You don't do that being overrated. People are dumb founded. I'll say it again, no matter what sport, niche sport, events. You do not become NUMBER 1 in the ENTIRE WORLD twice by being overrated. It's impossible.

A Shogun fan talking about living in denial. Classic Sherdogging right here.

Dude, stop throwing smoke screens man. You're just sitting here insulting people now because I'm right :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Well, Machida still has a future in this sport, not so sure about Shogun right now.

Forrest beat the best Shogun.

Shoguns fluke win over Machida is the only thing that saves his career from looking terrible, fact.

Fluke win? How is it a fluke win? A guy known for knocking out some of the best in the world, knocks out one of the best in the world and you think that was a fluke? Crazy how he got that 'fluke' win right after losing one of the more unanimously agreed upon robberies

Fluke win? How is it a fluke win? A guy known for knocking out some of the best in the world, knocks out one of the best in the world and you think that was a fluke? Crazy how he got that 'fluke' win right after losing one of the more unanimously agreed upon robberies

dude it's repairmanman, he doesn't believe KOs should deem the winner of a fight. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Anybody saying it's clear either way are clueless.

Dude, stop throwing smoke screens man. You're just sitting here insulting people now because I'm right :icon_lol::icon_lol:

You're upset at the popular opinion in this thread, so you have to troll people who think Machida still has the skill to be a world champion, to make yourself feel better. It's really obvious, Sherdog 101 type stuff. Be less transparent next time.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Both guys deserve a lot of recognition. A lot of people don't give Wand and Rua their dues because of how patchy their UFC runs were but they are 2 of the most exciting fighters to watch because of the fierceness and complete lack of regard for their personal safety while fighting. Considering their styles both accomplished a lot but the styles they made their names on betrayed their bodies and cut their careers short.

Machida's style is great too but for completely different reasons. If you were to try to get someone into MMA you would probably show them Machida Highlights and Rua and Wand complete fights. They fought with fan friendly (JUST BLEED) styles that are largely responsible for my interest in MMA.

If Shogun could've made it down to 185 like Machida I think his UFC run would've been better.

You're upset at the popular opinion in this thread, so you have to troll people who think Machida still has the skill to be a world champion, to make yourself feel better. It's really obvious, Sherdog 101 type stuff. Be less transparent next time.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

A popular opinion? This is a bash thread, followed by a flock of Machida fans. You say I'm in the wrong child, this thread will be gone in no time. :icon_lol:

And Machida is still going. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another shot at The Chris and who knows what happens.

You call that graphic his "current record". I call it the majority of his career

Nah, I call it his UFC record in which he still beat Machida twice, thats 2 times. With shot knees and aged to boot.

I'll make the poll

A popular opinion? This is a bash thread, followed by a flock of Machida fans. You say I'm in the wrong child, this thread will be gone in no time. :icon_lol:

Lolwut? It's a thread to discuss the accomplishments of two great fighters, it's not going anywhere. You're the one that brought the negativity and fanboyism.

It depends on your criteria. I'd go with Shogun, since I find the heights you reach more important than what bottom you sink to.

Back