Who would you rather see UFC WW Champion Tyron Woodley defend his title against?

Who would you like to see UFC WW Champion Tyron Woodley fight against for his first title defense?

• Total voters
thank God! there is still some sanity left on sherdog

Can Diaz even pass a piss test? You know he's been smoking. Can't see him taking that fight at 202.
It's fine out of comp. Just needs to stop 2 weeks before the fight but apparently that's really hard for him.

Diaz is the money fight so Woodley should fight him.

I'd love to see him fight Nick,

I would heavy favour Nick in such a fight. I would also heavily favour Wonderboy in such a fight...and Rory to do it again.

Weakest champion in a long time.

Well, he's not weaker than Lawler, and I love Lawler.

1. Woodley KOed Lawler. This shows he is more better.
2. Woodley became champ via KO. Lawler became champ via controversial split decision. Thus he is again more better.

THOMPSON_STEPHEN_AD.png

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson

or

NickDiaz_Headshot.png

Nick Diaz

Vote, discuss, flame, praise, ect.

good question
easy answer
WONDERBOY

Diaz is the money fight so Woodley should fight him.

Yeah, but Woodley isn't the money fight. I think Lawler-Diaz 2 sells better than Woodley-Diaz, though I would purchase either fight. Lawler-Diaz 2 also makes a lot more sense as it would be a non-title fight.

Woodley hasn't been active in the division, and I think this is a big part of why he is underrated right now. He didn't even clearly have the best claim to the title shot. He really needs to fight Wonderboy to nail down his claim to the division. If he beats WB, then he can take whatever fight he thinks will earn him most as the clear top dog at WW.

diaz vs woodley would get me excited for 202 for sure; don't think the ufc feels that they need to add to that card to sell it more though, but would be awesome

Woodley ducking any competition, take the 1 contender, sad days ahead for WW belt, with a pick and choose champion, let him sit, no mor UfC tonight spots, and shave that hipster beard

The first proper defence in like November, December should be against Wonderboy.

But if he wants to defend it against Nick in three weeks, good luck to him that would make 202 even better

Why wasn't GSP an option?

Of the two, I would say Stephen Thompson. He has earned his shot a lot more than Diaz. I think it would be an insult if he were leapfrogged

Frankly I'd rather see him defend it against Nordine Taleb or Bryan Barbarena than Diaz.

Back