Who wins a boxing match: Jones or Ngannou?

Who wins a boxing match?

• Total voters

AmonTobin

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Imagine if you will:
It's June 16/23. PFL will allow Francis Ngannou to box. UFC will make another exception for Jon Jones to box. Wilder-Ngannou falls through and Deontay is booked with Anthony Joshua. Fury-Jones falls through and Tyson is booked with Oleksandr Usyk.
Francis Ngannou challenges Jon Jones for the 2nd time! This time it's boxing instead of MMA. Dana White has announced his retirement prior to Frank's challenge and is unable to interfere.
Will Jon Jones accept the challenge?
francis-ngannou-jon-jones.jpg

I think Dana would have a stroke if the fight was signed and another one if Ngannou won.

God this boxing crossover shit is so stupid. I dont have much desire to see these guys fight in a sport they are substantially worse at.

Such a sad state of affairs where MMA fighters feel like they have to go over to boxing look bad and/or get destroyed, and all just to make the paydays they feel like they need (and do deserve).

Last edited:
Not much to go off, chose Ngannou because he's wanted to box since he was young so I imagine he'd pick it up quickly and maybe he already has a plan for how he'd box in boxing's ruleset. Jones has more experience staying at the end of his range, hand-fighting and keeping himself out of trouble with his footwork though. Short answer is I have no idea.

Kickboxing match would be more interesting, especially with clinch strikes. I don't think Ngannou is that much better than Jones standing that he'll KO him in 1 min. But Jones beats Ngannou in wrestling/submission match.

Tyson Fury would go full Diggstown on the entire MMA Heavyweight divisions...

Jones beats him... all Francis has is power, and even though Jones hands aren't that great, his movement and cardio are MUCH better. He also has an insane reach and solid chin.

Once Francis gases out, Jones embarrasses him.

ok, arm wrestling....Jones retires, Francis gets permission from Sylvester Stallone...Dana sells the slap fight....who wins??? FACT

I can honestly see Ngannou walking straight through Jones' nerf gun hands and cracking him like he did Bigi Boi. It'd be quick, dirty, and not worth 1/10 of the asking price.

Back