Who Will Be Next Champ Not From NA/SA

I would say Struve has the best chance out the 3 you mention, but it would be a few years away at least.

Maybe. Struve is a willing fighter, so I'm a huge fan, but he just hasn't translated his physical gifts into elite wins. He is young, and seems to be improving in leaps and bounds in the last two years. I think Cain, JDS, 'Reem...hell most of the top guys will be beyond him though. I think the Asian FW guys I mentioned have a much better chance than the other three.

If I had to choose the most likely it would be 'Reem, possibly Lombard or Gus, but only if the MW or LHW champs moved on.

I think as it stands I wouldn't bet against the current champions losing to someone not from NA/SA, it would take an unlikely occurrence or possibly someone moving weight class. I think previous posters are bang on the money by picking AO and Gus as the most likely, then perhaps KZ dependant on what Aldo does.

I dont buy Bisping as champ even if AS vacated the division.

I can't come up with anyone except Overeem but i don't think he can beat Cain. the Americas rule MMA, Well Brazil the USA and Canada to be exact.

lets see how overeem handles bigfoot and come back to this one....

overeem is the next fighter likely to take out this honour

as long as he keeps passing the piss tests...

Has anyone mentioned Gunny Nelson yet?

I know its early days but he definitely looks very talented.

Yea Overeem would be my first choice, Dennis Siver I would say has a decent shot at it, and Hunt would be my dark horse.

And because anything can happen in MMA if the UFC did sign Adam khaliev I would not be surprised if he held the belt for a minute or two.

Khabib Nurmagomedov and Siyar Bahadurzada would be my future picks.

Of course. He's not form the Americas (I'm talking about everyone's nationality, not where they train, just to be clear). I don't see it but I am curious about a consenus so if that's who you think then thanks for answering.

Maybe. Struve is a willing fighter, so I'm a huge fan, but he just hasn't translated his physical gifts into elite wins. He is young, and seems to be improving in leaps and bounds in the last two years. I think Cain, JDS, 'Reem...hell most of the top guys will be beyond him though. I think the Asian FW guys I mentioned have a much better chance than the other three.

If I had to choose the most likely it would be 'Reem, possibly Lombard or Gus, but only if the MW or LHW champs moved on.

Yeah I see that. Struve has the skill but can be way to easy to hit. Thought he did a better technical job in his last fight though but he still took some big shots from Miocic.

The Reem is the only one in a position to take a title other than Bisping, but even I don't think he can unseat Anderson WHEN he gets past Belfort.

Kz will surprise the mma world once again

This!

He avenges his "loss" to Garcia, KO's the guy who gave Aldo trouble for 5 rounds, and chokes out a guy no one gave him a shot against.

WAR KZ!

Lombard is from Central America. I guess that's technically not NA/SA, but generally included in the term "The Americas."

I'm pretty sure Lombard is from Cuba, which is in North America. You could count him as an Australian though.

I would love Gunnar Nelson to win a belt. That dude has some rainman shit going on so it's not a total pipe dream.

Lombard is from Central America. I guess that's technically not NA/SA, but generally included in the term "The Americas."

Yeah, it gets a little confusing. But there are 7 basic continents (by many standards) and there are outlier countries. Central America is not considered a continent. But I'm not map maker so what do I know.

Generally, I am talking about those on the other side of the world from the North and South American continents. Any fighter from the European, African, Asian, Oceana area.

I'm not trying to make a complicated consensus but basically, I mean on the other side of the world of NA/SA and their outlieir islands, territories and so on. If anyone wants to include Lombard, even though I don't consider him from out of the region, I won't complain. That's up to you. Personally, I consider him from Cuba, in the American region. But, like I said, I don't want to be technical, I'm not a post or topic hog, I am just curious about the consensus.

Has anyone mentioned Gunny Nelson yet?

I know its early days but he definitely looks very talented.

Gunnar Nelson is a very interesting prospect but he has a long way to go in a very tough division before he could be able to get a title shot. It

Overeem and Gustafsson are closest to winning belts

Back