Who Will Be Next Champ Not From NA/SA

ToeJamSoup

Orange Belt
Reaction score
At the moment, every UFC champion is from these two continents. Most of the contenders seem to be from these two continents and only a few countries as well. There are obviously contenders from other places but at the moment, the UFC seems to be dominated by a few countries on a couple of continents.

I have been curious about what Sherdoggers think about who is next to break through and is not from North or South America. I can think of candidates, especially one that some seem to be think is destined to be champ, but I'm curious about a consensus opinion.

I haven't seen it mentioned but I don't spend all my free time here so maybe it has been. I'd make a poll but it doesn't seem that I have an option to do that. Maybe I need to post more. I don't know. If someone would like to ask the question, with a poll, then if the mods closed this after, I'd be fine with that. I am just seriously wondering what the consensus is.

PS: I have been drinking, I almost never make topics, so if I'm rambling, please ignore it. I have been checking my spelling but if I have a lot of mistakes anyway, ignore that also. Thanks.

So who is it Sherdoggers?

Gus or Bisping if Anderson ends up fighting GSP/Jones next.

Would Overeem count?

Of course. He's not form the Americas (I'm talking about everyone's nationality, not where they train, just to be clear). I don't see it but I am curious about a consenus so if that's who you think then thanks for answering.

Woops! Edit for this!

I didn't mean I don't see it, I thought you said someone else, sorry about that.

But what I said about what I am curious about, (and what nationality or region they are from) stands. I can't say that I believe that Overeem stands no chance, like when I said "I can't see it," I just thought you mentioned some other, specific, fighter. That's why I am editing this. My mistake. I noticed that I misread it only just now.

I know the correction is a little late but, better late than never.

Last edited:
well the best contenders that are not from the Americas are:
Gus
Bisping
Denis Siver?
Minuwa (maybe)
Alistair Overeem (highest chance out of all of them)

Edit: hector is from Cuba.

thats all i can think of right now without checking.

Last edited:
Gus or Reem are the only realistic possibilities right now.

Surely overeem.
Maybe gus.
Lombard is from cuba is he not? So duznt count

well the best contenders that are not from the Americas are:
Gus
Bisping
Denis Siver?
Minuwa (maybe)
Hector Lombard
Alistair Overeem (highest chance out of all of them)

thats all i can think of right now without checking.

Lombard is from Central America. I guess that's technically not NA/SA, but generally included in the term "The Americas."

It's between Overeem and Gus I believe...

Lombard is from Central America. I guess that's technically not NA/SA, but generally included in the term "The Americas."

True, i guess since he is really popular with the Aussies i lump him in with them :p

Top white belt thread.. Agreed? :p

Top whitebelt comment also.

In addition to the guys that Notoverrated mentioned there's also KZ and Hioki, if Aldo is forced to move up due to weight issues then they could be a chance.

I really want to throw out Struve, Hunt and Kampmann, but I don't think any of them will ever have a chance.

Heh, obviously sarcasm. Which is well expected... But good point. If Aldo does move up KZ has a chance..

Top whitebelt comment also.

In addition to the guys that Notoverrated mentioned there's also KZ and Hioki, if Aldo is forced to move up due to weight issues then they could be a chance.

I really want to throw out Struve, Hunt and Kampmann, but I don't think any of them will ever have a chance.

I would say Struve has the best chance out the 3 you mention, but it would be a few years away at least.

Good to be here guys. Thought i would of got abused 50,000 times already.

Back