Who Is The Best Villain?

Buffalo Bill is a true villain. Maybe he isn't in the film enough, it's really about Lecter.

It puts the lotion in the basket freaked me out, seriously creepy.

As good as they all were, Alex DeLarge was just a fucking monster that could really only be equaled by real life killers. Bill the Butcher had his own code and Bane had a cause, But Alex is the most superviolent person I've seen onscreen. Alex wins.

Buffalo Bill is a true villain. Maybe he isn't in the film enough, it's really about Lecter.

It puts the lotion in the basket freaked me out, seriously creepy.
Lecter counts as a foil, I think. So does Bill the Butcher. I'm not sure A CLOCKWORK ORANGE has any villains to be honest. Arguably, Bane is a hero.

We need a list of real bad dudes. Not just guys who went against the grain.

As good as they all were, Alex DeLarge was just a fucking monster that could really only be equaled by real life killers. Bill the Butcher had his own code and Bane had a cause, But Alex is the most superviolent person I've seen onscreen. Alex wins.

This guy gets it.

Bill the Butcher hands down p4p no 1.

For whatever reason it's hard for me to imagine the main protagonist of a movie to be a villain. Certainly he's not a good person but I find myself rooting for him in parts of the movie. That's not a villain.

Alex is actually the hero of ACO............

Oh was she a great big ole fat person?

See, now Buffalo Bill was a villain. These other guys, you can almost argue they're just misunderstood. Primarily Bane.
WTF is the matter with you guys? Do you not see Terror Zone's GIFs? Alex steals a car for a joy ride, breaks into a random country home for fun, beats a married couple mercilessly, and then rapes the woman in front of her husband. He isn't misunderstood. He's a cold-blooded piece of shit.

I swear this forum blows my mind sometimes. Just because you like a male protagonist doesn't mean he isn't a villain (i.e. Dexter, Tony Soprano, Walter White, etc.), and just because you're irritated by a nagging woman doesn't make her a shallow character (i.e. Jen, Carmela, Skyler, etc.)

Bane and Alex are terrible fucking people: morally indefensible scumbags. There's nothing to argue.

who voted for Bane? he might been the worst villain in the entire trilogy

I swear this forum blows my mind sometimes. Just because you like a male protagonist doesn't mean he isn't a villain (i.e. Dexter, Tony Soprano, Walter White, etc.), and just because you're irritated by a nagging woman doesn't make her a shallow character (i.e. Jen, Carmela, Skyler, etc.)
I like the passion. You're like at an eight, and I wonder if you can take it down to about a two.

The thing is. If he's the protagonist, he can't be the villain. We're meant to sympathize with Alex, aren't we? About how society has made him what he is and now tries to keep him tucked away, but in doing so fucks it all up? What about Django? Isn't he a cold-blooded murderer? William Munny? When I think of "villain," I think of adversary or antagonist to the protagonist, whose function is mainly to highlight the protagonist by dastardly means.

I'm not saying these aren't terrible villainous people. In fact I very much agree that if they were real I definitely would cross the street should I see them traipsing in my general direction.

As components to the story, I don't see them the same way as you do. I think there are purer, more evocative villains. Like Buffalo Bill. Hans Gruber. Noah Cross. Norman Stansfield. The Joker. Bad dudes, I think you will agree. And also serving a strong function of antagonism.

Whereas Bill the Butcher and Bane are almost CORRECT with their mindsets. Gotham HAS grown too decadent with its lies and whatever. God, what a messy film. Yay, America and keep out all the immigrants, and all that. They don't get off on the bad shit but rather engage in bad things as a means to an end.

only seen a clockwork orange. i'd think of alex as more of an anti-hero.

best villain in any film, i'd go with the qin emperor in hero.

Hero_King.jpg

WTF is the matter with you guys? Do you not see Terror Zone's GIFs? Alex steals a car for a joy ride, breaks into a random country home for fun, beats a married couple mercilessly, and then rapes the woman in front of her husband. He isn't misunderstood. He's a cold-blooded piece of shit.

Bane and Alex are terrible fucking people: morally indefensible scumbags. There's nothing to argue.

come off it, mate. alex was no worse than his chums, or his rivals. he was acting the way the people in his society acted. it's not like he was doing that in a setting based on anything we know. put his actions in context.

I like the passion. You're like at an eight, and I wonder if you can take it down to about a two.

The thing is. If he's the protagonist, he can't be the villain. We're meant to sympathize with Alex, aren't we? About how society has made him what he is and now tries to keep him tucked away, but in doing so fucks it all up? What about Django? Isn't he a cold-blooded murderer? William Munny? When I think of "villain," I think of adversary or antagonist to the protagonist, whose function is mainly to highlight the protagonist by dastardly means.

I'm not saying these aren't terrible villainous people. In fact I very much agree that if they were real I definitely would cross the street should I see them traipsing in my general direction.

As components to the story, I don't see them the same way as you do. I think there are purer, more evocative villains. Like Buffalo Bill. Hans Gruber. Noah Cross. Norman Stansfield. The Joker. Bad dudes, I think you will agree. And also serving a strong function of antagonism.

Whereas Bill the Butcher and Bane are almost CORRECT with their mindsets. Gotham HAS grown too decadent with its lies and whatever. God, what a messy film. Yay, America and keep out all the immigrants, and all that. They don't get off on the bad shit but rather engage in bad things as a means to an end.

tbf I get the feeling some people around here would sympathize with Buffalo Bill...

No one likes a fattie, faustian. It's like math.

I voted Bill. Bane from the comics would get my vote. But not Bane from the movie.

Bill the Butcher. Buffalo Bill. Little Bill Dagget. The Buffalo Bills. Just what does America have against Bills?

Back