Who in the UFC HW division do you see Ishii beating/humping to a decision?

He lost to a boxing legend because he stood with him without using his range for 9 seconds too long.

I mean how the f*ck is getting KOed by a great boxer a big deal?

Sylvia was past his prime, but he wasn't done in 2012.

He was 7-1-0-1 before Ishii in his last 9 fights. Granted, he didn't fight big names, but it's HW so sh*t happens.

Because that boxing "great" was 48 years old at the time and it wasn't even a boxing match. I cannot believe that I had to seriously had to answer that question. If I beat Kareem Abdul Jabar in a game of horse tomorrow, am I an all time great basketball player? Wtf?

I like Tim but he was done WAY before 2012.

Not sure if I'd agree with you TS, if I remember he's pretty small for a HW, got destroyed by Fedor & beaten soundly by Crocop. Other Sherdoggers are cricitcising those latter 2 fighters as being washed-up so where does that put Ishii?

Stylistically I'd like to see him match-up with Mir but I think he'd get ragdolled. Having said that, I haven't seen his recent fights... what makes you think he has the ability to beat the UFC's top HW's?

Hell no. Mir is a terrible wrestler and ishi is a world class judoka. That much up works in his favor.

Because that boxing "great" was 48 years old at the time and it wasn't even a boxing match. I cannot believe that I had to seriously had to answer that question. If I beat Kareem Abdul Jabar in a game of horse tomorrow, am I an all time great basketball player? Wtf?

I like Tim but he was done WAY before 2012.

That's a poor, poor comparison.

Boxing is a transferable skillset to MMA in every way. The comparison you made is an exaggeration to the highest degree.

He's lost to the corpse of CroCop. He's not beating a better part of the roster.

ts isn't even a nuthugger

he's something much more serious and disturbing.

cant believe people still fall for these threads

That's a poor, poor comparison.

Boxing is a transferable skillset to MMA in every way. The comparison you made is an exaggeration to the highest degree.

Not sure if you are serious.
It's an exact comparison.
Shooting the basketball is not a transferable skillset to the game of basketball?

Maybe you don't know what horse is.

Not sure if you are serious.
It's an exact comparison.
Shooting the basketball is not a transferable skillset to the game of basketball?

Maybe you don't know what horse is.

You're right, my bad.

I read that as cricket for some reason.

UFC offered Ishii a great deal originally but I think he said he wasnt ready for the big leagues. Now we know that is clearly the case. Ishii wouldnt cut it in UFC, certainly not as the smallest Hw on the roster.

Who has he beaten? Mostly old washed up fighters, JLB, Sylvia, Monson, Rizzo...

In UFC Maybe Shawn Jordan level? I think he would struggle cracking the top 20 at his size. He is a Lhw naturally at 5"11.

The Rizzo fight was a total robbery too.

Why is everyone talking about him fighting at HW? He's 240lbs and already fought once at LHW. Let the brotha fight at 205.

He was actually signed to Strikeforce and was going to debut on a challengers card at 205 but his team thought it would be better to fight fat semi-retired names looking for a paycheck annnnd that's part of the reason why his career is in the same place it's always been.

Hopefully we get to see him vs the winner in their IGF Open Weight Grand Prix, semifinals are in the end of this month. My guess is that it will be Yosef Ali Mohammad vs Chris Barnatt in the finals. If these matchups happen the winner should definitely get a good UFC contract (not just a 10k/10k) Assuming Barnatt loses/makes weight.

Not sure if I'd agree with you TS, if I remember he's pretty small for a HW, got destroyed by Fedor & beaten soundly by Crocop. Other Sherdoggers are cricitcising those latter 2 fighters as being washed-up so where does that put Ishii?

Stylistically I'd like to see him match-up with Mir but I think he'd get ragdolled. Having said that, I haven't seen his recent fights... what makes you think he has the ability to beat the UFC's top HW's?

well he did beat Sylvia and Mccorkle back to back so I dont think his size has anything to do with his losses.

well he did beat Sylvia and Mccorkle back to back so I dont think his size has anything to do with his losses.

McCorckle was a fill in on less than 72 hours notice because he was on vacation with his family at the time in Japan. A lot of these guys he is fighting are just trying to get one last decent mma check and have no desire to climb the ladder again.

Gonzaga is better than Ishii on the ground and standing.

People are forgetting that Olympic Judo generally favors the throws over groundwork and submissions. Sure you get more points for a good throw over a submission, but what good will that do you in MMA?

Mitrione? Maybe, but he'd have to get Meathead down somehow. Otherwise, MH could KO him on the feet.

Not better wrestling, Ishii could take Gonzaga down and beat him, it wouldn't be pretty but Gonzaga's wrestling is not good.

Meathead has shit TDD and he's a fish on the ground, if he doesn't KO Ishii early he loses.

trying to talk up another HW that fedor beat, so fedor looks better.

classic kiki, at least 2 other guys in here see it.

Back