How would Vadim Nemkov do against the UFC HW division?

How would Vadim Nemkov do against the UFC HW division?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Vadim Nemkov is highly skilled fighter and protege of Fedor Emelianenko.

Now that he's a HW.

How would he fare against the UFC HW division?

Somewhere in the 2-5 range I think. He must have been like 220-230ish as a LHW and put on another 15-25lbs with at least 10lbs of it muscle in his back. He's still fast and looks to have better cardio than most HWs while being way more well rounded than most.

He could probably sub Derrick Lewis.

The UFC heavy weight division is nothing special to tell the truth, so he probably do just fine.

After today, I'd say he's probably no worse than top 5, and at best he could be champ. He looked pretty amazing. He's got a few matchups at the top that I'd say are 50/50, in Aspinall, Pavlovich and Almeida, but I'd be confident in him winning any other matchup they gave him. Bruno isn't a complete scrub, today was a good win for Nemkov and probably a good sign of things to come.

Top 5 at least just because he's technically competent.

The HW division is a sewer.

Would watch him against Aspinall, Pavlovich and Almeida

After today, I'd say he's probably no worse than top 5, and at best he could be champ. He looked pretty amazing. He's got a few matchups at the top that I'd say are 50/50, in Aspinall, Pavlovich and Almeida, but I'd be confident in him winning any other matchup they gave him. Bruno isn't a complete scrub, today was a good win for Nemkov and probably a good sign of things to come.
Aspinall isn't 50/50. Aspinall has the edge everywhere. Are we forgetting this guy struggled with Corey Anderson in their first fight and has only fought him and other older UFC washouts at LHW? He wouldn't even have a prayer of being UFC LHW champ in the prime Jones/Cormier/Rumble era. I agree HW is weak, but Aspinall beats him and he'd have to get through Pav, Almedia, Gane, Blaydes, etc. first. Poatan would be a huge problem at LHW or HW if Nemkov can't take him down.

Aspinall isn't 50/50. Aspinall has the edge everywhere. Are we forgetting this guy struggled with Corey Anderson in their first fight and has only fought him and other older UFC washouts at LHW? He wouldn't even have a prayer of being UFC LHW champ in the prime Jones/Cormier/Rumble era. I agree HW is weak, but Aspinall beats him and he'd have to get through Pav, Almedia, Gane, Blaydes, etc. first. Poatan would be a huge problem at LHW or HW if Nemkov can't take him down.
Nah, Tom is still too green. I certainly think that he could just go do what he does, but if it lasts for more than a few minutes, we don't really know much about Tom past round one. I think Nemkov is definitely good enough to make it to territory Tom has never been to before, and I'd favor Nemkov in that situation.

Top five I think.

I'd pick him to out strike Blaydes and mix in the grappling/striking against Gane. Lose to Aspinall. Not sure bout him vs Jailton. Needa see his grappling against Blaydes @ 299

Back