Who in the UFC HW division do you see Ishii beating/humping to a decision?

Oh BTW Ishii beat Sylvia, who weighed 140 kg, but looked good and moved well.

Say what you will about Sylvia, but he was definitely an UFC caliber fighter in 2012.

Cannot believe somebody actually wrote this.

Sylvia was done years before this.

He lost to Ray Mercer in 9 seconds three years earlier.

Wasnt Ishii training with Machida at one point? He should test the waters in Bellator or WSOF, Hw division is dead in Asia. Make a name for himself and fight Kimbo! But really he would need to shift a few lbs and move to 205. Id bet he wont ever crack the top 20 at Hw.

Just checked and found this,

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/5/20/881334/through-training-in-brazil-i

He needs to go back to training with Machida if he has stopped.

UFC offered Ishii a great deal originally but I think he said he wasnt ready for the big leagues. Now we know that is clearly the case. Ishii wouldnt cut it in UFC, certainly not as the smallest Hw on the roster.

Who has he beaten? Mostly old washed up fighters, JLB, Sylvia, Monson, Rizzo...

In UFC Maybe Shawn Jordan level? I think he would struggle cracking the top 20 at his size. He is a Lhw naturally at 5"11.

Who are UFC HWs beating? UFC's washed out HWs.

One of the best not in the UFC :rolleyes:

I could name 10 better heavies outside UFC. Maybe top 15 outside the UFC but your talking fringe top 50 in the world and an undersized Hw at that. Someone posted 240lbs now!!! I rememeber him being 220 something. Id say a lot of UFC Lhw's like Bader and Glover would make him look small at 205.

His weight varied, but he is 240 pounds now and is thick as f*ck.

Those two loses to Mirko didn't help either. I like Ishii, but he would be another average HW in a terrible division in the UFC.

I don't know why being average at HW is somehow bad. At least we would get some more HW fights.

His weight varied, but he is 240 pounds now and is thick as f*ck.

You do realize that's about the same walking weight as Daniel Cormier and Cain? Rampage was walking around at closer to 250-260 as well. Bader and Rumble are lighter LHW's (225ish).

So yeah, Ishii is woefully undersized for heavyweight.

Cannot believe somebody actually wrote this.

Sylvia was done years before this.

He lost to Ray Mercer in 9 seconds three years earlier.

He lost to a boxing legend because he stood with him without using his range for 9 seconds too long.

I mean how the f*ck is getting KOed by a great boxer a big deal?

Sylvia was past his prime, but he wasn't done in 2012.

He was 7-1-0-1 before Ishii in his last 9 fights. Granted, he didn't fight big names, but it's HW so sh*t happens.

You do realize that's about the same walking weight as Daniel Cormier and Cain? Rampage was walking around at closer to 250-260 as well. Bader and Rumble are lighter LHW's (225ish).

So yeah, Ishii is woefully undersized for heavyweight.

You do realise that the best HWs were in that 240 pound range?

Citing Cormier and Cain is a horrible example for your point.

Don't even mention weight cutters who are affraid to have a career at HW.

You do realise that the best HWs were in that 240 pound range?

Citing Cormier and Cain is a horrible example for your point.

Don't even mention weight cutters who are affraid to have a career at HW.

Are we holding Jon Jones to the same standard? He's walking around at 230 as well.

Ishii bulked up to 240. He could easily drift back to 230 and make 205.

Are we holding Jon Jones to the same standard? He's walking around at 230 as well.

But Ishii has the balls to fight at HW.

I have way more respect for him than the damn weight cutters. Yeah Jones too.

Everybody who cuts weight is a cheater in my eyes, except huge HWs who are forced to cut weight because of the stupid 265 weight limit.

Oh ok because I never heard of this guy and was not sure what humping meant on your side of the world.

he fought Fedor so according to kikikhan and the rest of the Fedor nuthair swingers, he's one of the greatest fighters ever.

Travis Browne would KO him
Mark Hunt would KO him
Cain Velasquez would KO him standing or pound the piss out of him on the ground
Josh Barnett would pound the piss out of him on the ground
Andrei Arlovski would KO him

Cain and Cormier are fat in the 240s, Ishii is not, Rampage isn't in the best shape at over 230.

Jones doesn't weigh 230 he's about 10lbs less.

Who are UFC HWs beating? UFC's washed out HWs.

UFC have Every top 10 Hw in the world
13 of the top 15 heavies
15 of the top 20 heavies
28 of the top 50 heavies

Its safe to say the competition that UFC Hw's are fighting is pretty good!

I would be confident Ishii has beaten a top 30 ranked heavyweight and fairly confident to say he hasnt beaten anyone in the top 50 at the time.

For me he is undersized and unproven. At 28 he has time though and his Judo gives him great potential. Dropping weight would give him some speed too which wouldnt hurt his game.

he fought Fedor so according to kikikhan and the rest of the Fedor nuthair swingers, he's one of the greatest fighters ever.

Travis Browne would KO him
Mark Hunt would KO him
Cain Velasquez would KO him standing or pound the piss out of him on the ground
Josh Barnett would pound the piss out of him on the ground
Andrei Arlovski would KO him

I agree how those match ups would end but I think he would beat someone like Mitrione or Gonzaga.

I agree how those match ups would end but I think he would beat someone like Mitrione or Gonzaga.

Gonzaga? You got to be joking, Gabe would smash him mercylessly on the feet, I wouldnt expect Ishii to last a round with him. Grappling wise seeing as Gonzaga has a BJJ BB and twice his size I dont see a way for him to win.

Meathead he might have a chance to outgrapple allright ill give you that but Id put big money on Gonzaga beating him down badly.

He's way undersized at HW for his particular style. He would likely lose badly to Rosholt and Tim Johnson. That said, I would like to see him in the UFC, the division is starved for fighters.

Gonzaga is better than Ishii on the ground and standing.

People are forgetting that Olympic Judo generally favors the throws over groundwork and submissions. Sure you get more points for a good throw over a submission, but what good will that do you in MMA?

Mitrione? Maybe, but he'd have to get Meathead down somehow. Otherwise, MH could KO him on the feet.

Why is everyone talking about him fighting at HW? He's 240lbs and already fought once at LHW. Let the brotha fight at 205.

Back